Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 06:03 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Car insurance is out of control here, mine just went up $40 a month reason was based on the high level of uninsured drivers and fraud here.
Yes. Car insurance will cost you more than your car! Dont come to FL. Its a hell hole from the GA border to Key West. everybody is suffering here. Low wages, no jobs, terrible weather, high cost of living, high taxes, rampant crime, traffic jams everywhere all the time. Its just unbearable.

I just dont know how the 20 million people here stand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Only difference is we do not have metering on ramps, not that anyone would follow the rules here anyways. From my personal experience, drivers here are worse than LA or the SF Bay Area, especially in Miami.

Though they have added lanes on 95 and the Turnpike, and done some other road improvements, it will not be enough to keep up with the population increase and there is limited land available to build more freeways. Miami MSA is already pushing 6 million people.

All the horror and you are still here.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:29 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I don't have to read a stupid article where the author probably has even been to 90% of the cities mentioned lol.

I have spent months in each city IN PERSON.

There are articles saying Oakland, CA has less friendly residents than Islamabad and then a few weeks later another article comes out saying Oakland, CA should be the #1 vacation destination in the USA for 2013. These articles are nothing more than toilet reading.

Seriously, get off your computer and travel lol.
Those reports indicate trends were people are currently moving. Tampa Bay is not just DT Tampa (some praise St Pete's downtown, while others find DT Tampa slow or whatever - matter of opinion). People tend to pay attention to credible sources. You are not a credible source.

As for traveling, been almost everywhere in the US, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, several countries in Europe and the Middle East. I have done my share of traveling, including witnessing the urban decay of LA, so talk to the hand pal.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:33 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Those reports indicate trends were people are currently moving. Tampa Bay is not just DT Tampa (some praise St Pete's downtown, while others find DT Tampa slow or whatever - matter of opinion). People tend to pay attention to credible sources. You are not a credible source.

As for traveling, been almost everywhere in the US, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, several countries in Europe and the Middle East. I have done my share of traveling, including witnessing the urban decay of LA, so talk to the hand pal.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
More commentary from those who dont even live here. Sure, its horrible here in FL.

I hope they tell everyone they know how bad it is. It may stem the flow of people coming in.
They are in la la land (wait..that's where he/they actually are.. LA)

Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Old 02-07-2014, 07:44 AM

If some of these folks lived in Detroit they would be telling us how great it is there and how lousy it is in FL. They just go with where they are at any given time. Its the "my dog is bigger than your dog" way to convince themselves of what ever they want to be convinced of.

Quote:
Ok, you guys are smoking products of questionable quality.

>>The Tampa Bay area was the No. 2 metro area for people moving to a new destination, according to the Penske Truck Rental company. Only Atlanta scored higher in Penske's annual analysis of its one-way consumer truck rental reservations.

Penske: Tampa Bay area ranks high for people moving in | Tampa Bay Times

People are moving to cities like Tampa, not southern CA which is taxed to death(not to mention it's over crowded, crime ridden and dirtier than anything in FL. I've seen it with my own eyes.) Unless you're talking about Beverly Hills and such areas, there's more balance in Tampa Bay.

Most Southern CA people want to move to Seattle/Pacific Northwest.

As for Miami, Tampa has no zombies.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:53 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:

lol I know when someone is lying... sorry but reading an article about the cities you mentioned does not give you the right to say you've traveled there. I know it's BS because any traveler knows that these articles are complete garbage and definetly not considered a reliable source. I remember not too long ago Wasilla, AK was one of the fastest growing towns and I can tell you from first hand, it's a crap hole.

I'm happy you love Tampa, maybe you shouldn't travel around because your eyes will be opened. Seriously though, stop trying to BS I've been all around the world blah blah and here is this article which is more credible than first hand experience rofl.

Have a great day you silly kid lol

There are cities in florida I prefer over SoCal in general, but Tampa is not one of them. Ughhhhh. Once again, SoCal is a lot more than LA. You have Orange County such as Irvine, laguna Beach and San Diego such as La Jolla.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I have to agree with this.
I was just in Tampa last weekend. Keep in mind, my girlfriend and I decided to "get away" and take a mini "stay-cation" to Clearwater, got a hotel the whole 9. We live in Hollywood, FL just north of Miami.

Stayed at a nice hotel in Clearwater and generally enjoyed Clearwater and Saint Pete. The beaches were indeed quite beautiful. Sand Key beach in particular. Beautiful.

We also went to the Tampa acquarium one day in downtown Tampa.
What an utter dump. We tried to eat in "Channelside"... which is supposed to be like this outdoor mall/dining/entertainment area. Half the stores were out of business, the other 1/3 were closed, so that sucked.

Downtowen Tampa is pretty ugly too, not gonna lie. Also, the roads in and around Tampa are all torn up...the major freeways are under construction, it looks awful. Traffic was a nightmare cuz of the crap roads they have. I found really no redeeming qualities about Tampa, however I liked Pinellas County better. Tampa, No thanks.
Downtown Tampa is strictly for business. Just a few years ago, a mere 800 people lived in downtown. Right now the # is 6000(I believe). That is about to change as more people move there (3 residential towers are scheduled to be built this year, Channelside is to be re-done too at some point, plus construction on 275 will be over next year, so it won't look like a dump. The city is moving in the right direction.

As for crap roads, went through I-5 in LA 10 years ago and I remember grafilthy and trash everywhere. Place looked like a dump too, like some kind of urban cancer was eating it. Simply dirty. When I visited in the late 80's, place was a lot cleaner. Sadly, South FL (mostly Miami) suffers from the same urban decay too.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
lol I know when someone is lying... sorry but reading an article about the cities you mentioned does not give you the right to say you've traveled there. I know it's BS because any traveler knows that these articles are complete garbage and definetly not considered a reliable source. I remember not too long ago Wasilla, AK was one of the fastest growing towns and I can tell you from first hand, it's a crap hole.

I'm happy you love Tampa, maybe you shouldn't travel around because your eyes will be opened. Seriously though, stop trying to BS I've been all around the world blah blah and here is this article which is more credible than first hand experience rofl.

Have a great day you silly kid lol
You definitely in la la land. Pal, for Christmas I was in Seattle/NorthWest for 2 weeks (people were constantly complaining about Californians moving up there spoiling the city-it's true). I moved down here from NYC(went to school up there). I have seen every single large city in the US (only place I haven't been to is the Dakotas. I must say Tampa Bay is one of the better places to live (not perfect, but pretty darn good, especially for family people). For city slickers/ hustler types, maybe not.

You probably been living in filthy, large urban environments all your life so of course you cannot appreciate what cities should be like. I ain't a kid(again, talk to the hand - that's a South CA term).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtHJYa6xu4

You remind me of someone I knew who claimed Laguna Beach was not in LA metro area(she claimed it was closer to San Diego to disassociate it from the crapola called LA). Btw, in essence Tampa metro stretches from Spring Hill down to Venice (plenty of places as good as La Jolla, Orange County etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida