Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:43 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Travelassie, your probably not from FL originally. In that case, as most of you, probably wouldn't understand.
Why wouldn't we? I spent most of my life in Jersey and during the late 50's up to the middle 70's there was a large influx of Southerners looking for good paying manufacturing jobs. At the shore, people from all over crowded in during the summer. Seems like we might know a thing or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 06:21 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,654,558 times
Yeah, FL is a nice place to live if all you wanna hear about is how great New York is day-in/day-out. This thread illustrates my point remarkably well.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
It was no different in Charlotte...You would think if they all loved back home ( Long Island/New Jersey then head home) the reason why they wont is because they can't have their "life style they have there with the big house and fancy cars and low taxes" they couldnt afford to live there the way they live in their new home, but yet it should be like back home...I hate to say it but you find that everywhere and I agree including South Florida....so its not just the people in Florida who say it its all over when a Transplant leaves where they are from...big difference is you can't or should change the place you live in to be like "up North" because for that one should go back"

Old 02-09-2014, 07:54 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Your right..LOL We moved Back!! hee
Us too. We found we can actually get what we need down there in a week or two a year.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Us too. We found we can actually get what we need down there in a week or two a year.
Agreed

Old 02-10-2014, 12:18 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,009 times
I have a Tottenham Hotspurs sticker in the back of my 'Vette and from the number of times people honk me when passing there must be quite a few other Spurs supporters in Florida too.
The great thing about coming from the UK is that all this North/South antipathy passes me by.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:06 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
The great thing about coming from the UK is that all this North/South antipathy passes me by.
That's because we kicked you losers out over 200 years ago; but the South is still occupied by carpetbagging Yankees and the invasion continues.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:59 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
That's because we kicked you losers out over 200 years ago; but the South is still occupied by carpetbagging Yankees and the invasion continues.

It looks like two centuries have also eroded the good manners and etiquette we taught you. You really should watch Downton Abbey more closely.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:43 AM

910 posts, read 2,217,460 times
This is such an odd topic. What I am getting from it is that several of you think that if you move to a new state, you should abandon your past completely, including loyalty to sports teams you may have followed for decades, just because you no longer live there. I have yet to see a bumper sticker that says something negative about Florida. I don't see what is so wrong about remaining loyal to where you used to live, if you are not making negative statements about where you live now.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:29 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I have a Tottenham Hotspurs sticker in the back of my 'Vette and from the number of times people honk me when passing there must be quite a few other Spurs supporters in Florida too.

I was born and raised here and all the North/South antipathy passes me by too.

I nor any of my relatives had anything to do with it. Not even remotely connected. Its a history lesson to me. A lesson that people can be very mean to their fellow human beings and are willing to die to be able to retain that hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida