Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 02:30 PM

26,825 posts, read 43,300,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
FYI: "The conservative party" is in Canada.
Well, it surprises no one that low information voters are liberals.

As to the question of the original poster, any high-crime area of Florida will be within your budget and 100% liberal.
LOL....whatever makes you feel better.

http://www.politifact.com/georgia/st...ng-tendencies/

Old 03-15-2014, 03:07 PM

549 posts, read 454,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
"Low information" doesn't mean "uneducated". Actually, it often means brain-washed by self-proclaimed elite of intellectually corrupt professors.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:35 PM

138 posts, read 151,902 times
Thanks to Floridians not caring about politics,we ended up with a crook as governor,who continues to deny access to Medicaid to millions of Floridians under the A.C.A,these otherwise eligible Floridians,have to continue to use E.R's as a primary care clinic,where care is more expensive,for them and the taxpayers.
Florida's younger population usually vote mostly on presidential elections,when i say younger i mean the under 55 crowd,leaving local and governor elections to Florida's elderly, who usually lean RED...

Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,921,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Actually, Oriental is blue, but the rest of the county is red. my liberalism is not just regarding politics, but things like being pro gay marriage,medical marijuana and gun control. Kids are out of college and no thanks, we don't need free food or transportation. We are 74 and 64 and no, we don't need nursing services either. I'm not sure why "runwithsissors" and"jghorton" seemed to be being hostile.
Your rent budget it's very low

You may find home for that price in the more rural areas but you will see gun shops and confederate flags everywhere.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 AM

4,972 posts, read 7,158,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
I'm not sure why "runwithsissors" and"jghorton" seemed to be being hostile.
Some people are just mean - personality defect, I suppose. Don't let it bother you.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:03 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,113,995 times
Try Tallahassee.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:18 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,792,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Do you ever turn off the "partisan" BS? Seriously? The OP was asking about where to live in Florida that was "artsy" and" "Liberal" and you go off into a tirade about Debbie Wassermann's "lugguage"?

Maybe I should be complaining about Dick Cheney's or McCain's properties that were accomplished with our "tax dollars" in the form of "Compensation".

No wonder you "Run with Scissors"!
LOL that makes NO sense.

The ORIGINAL POSTER framed her post around politics. And entitled her POST "FAIRLY LIBERAL with Cheap Rent" (an oxymoron) and SPECIFICALLY expressed that she noticed LIBERAL places were more expensive.

And that she was a dyed in the wool LIBERAL unlike her husband and it was a value important to her.

In fact she said it in two separate posts.

What type of response would one expect? ESPECIALLY on CD and on the FLORIDA forum?

But it's hilarious that LIBERALS now claim she wasn't being political or partisan once I showed why LIBERAL places had a higher COLA.

Besides none of YOU actually gave her places to LIVE in her budget like I DID. And I also said that politics really is NOT an issue here. It's quite true. Especially when you're freaking seventy four years old. Well, only on CD.

YOU all ran around making ONLY partisan remarks.

Classic.

But hey. If some 74 year old insists that a high profile transgender rights initiative is on the TOP of her relocation list (as was suggested by another poster) in communities to live, more power to her.

I'm sure that Trans politician will appreciate it while her constituents are eating cat food and not having gas money to go anywhere after dismissing the value of FREE public transit in beautiful, affordable, enlightened, artsy, cultural, coastal Vero Beach.

Because hey. EVERYBODY can drive FOREVER. Just read the caregiving forum. And it's CHEAP, too! You don't even have to save any money to replace your car ever. Just ask the politicians to replace it for us.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-04-2014 at 04:27 PM..

Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,831,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
One would hope that self-described liberals would be tolerant enough and be open-minded enough to appreciate the good things about the people around them, regyrdless of their politics. I've found that people all over are pretty good.

You would think. But they are just as bigoted as the people they rant about. I've found out that in general, nobody really gives a hoot about your politics, whatever they are.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:06 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,831,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
We moved to a gated community in Venice this past fall. The neighbors have been very friendly. I suspect there are some conservatives and maybe even a few liberals, but that has never come up.

However, I was at the hot tub one day and a group of people (renters from MA and a couple of non-US folks) were going on and on about how bad Obama was, and the economy was Obama's fault, and Obamacare. I did not agree with anything they were saying, did not want to hear it, and just left. The problem I have with the intolerant wing of the conservative party is they think it's OK to spout off what they think whenever and wherever they happen to be.

Pesky first amendment!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:00 AM

26,825 posts, read 43,300,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
"Low information" doesn't mean "uneducated". Actually, it often means brain-washed by self-proclaimed elite of intellectually corrupt professors.
A conservative has the gall to talk about "brainwashing". Fox News ring a bell??? LMAO....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida