Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 06:35 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Pesky first amendment!
Yes and I would have been entitled to exercise my "First Amendment Rights" but instead I preferred to exercise some common courtesy- which is what I find sadly lacking. I would not have that kind of conversation in that setting because it is just rude!

Old 09-08-2014, 06:51 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
I think if I were 64 pushing 65 and my spouse was 74 - and I was trying to live on $2300/month - my basic concern would be how the heck could I live on that amount. I'd be especially concerned about the cost and availability of health care. Medigap policies aren't cheap in Florida - and they're 40% more expensive in south and south central Florida than they are in north and north central Florida. Also - doctors are dropping out of (being forced out of) Medicare Advantage plans like flies here:

Patients scramble after AARP Medicare Advantage plans drop providers | Tampa Bay Times

Don't think it matters much what the politics of a place is if you're eating dog food - can't afford the meds you need - and you're driving on bald tires. Robyn

Old 09-08-2014, 11:37 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Yes and I would have been entitled to exercise my "First Amendment Rights" but instead I preferred to exercise some common courtesy- which is what I find sadly lacking. I would not have that kind of conversation in that setting because it is just rude!
Some of the stickers you see on cars, usually trucks of these types are so distasteful and polarizing. "How to **** a liberal off- work hard", that kind of childish stuff. Not is it only tacky, but they're just inviting vandalism to their car.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Some of the stickers you see on cars, usually trucks of these types are so distasteful and polarizing. "How to **** a liberal off- work hard", that kind of childish stuff. Not is it only tacky, but they're just inviting vandalism to their car.
So you'd accuse someone who sports a bumper sticker you don't like of being "childish", but excuse vandalism on the car in retribution for that sticker???? THAT"S childish, not to mention breaking the law....

Ironic.........

Old 09-08-2014, 12:43 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So you'd accuse someone who sports a bumper sticker you don't like of being "childish", but excuse vandalism on the car in retribution for that sticker???? THAT"S childish, not to mention breaking the law....

Ironic.........
To be fair I don't see that warning somebody of potential for vandalism rises to the level of excusing it.

If I tell you to avoid a certain neighborhood after dark that is the same as excusing the possible violence which may occur?

Old 09-08-2014, 01:08 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

Ironic.........
You're right, it is childish and illegal. And there are a lot of childish lawbreakers out there on the streets. I'm not one of them though

Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I guess we all agree that liberals vandalize cars for political reasons, in addition to their usual criminal proclivities.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:03 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,802 times
Wow this thread is funny with all the yacking about liberals this and that but have any of you guys actually looked in the mirror wonder why some people don't like you. Some I bet fox news all day an believe every single word that comes out of their mouth. I may be a democrat but I don't quote msnbc down to every last word in order to prove a point.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:21 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
It seems that the words liberal,artsy,openminded etc.. all translate to expensive rent. We are retired with 7 aduld children. I throw that in so readers will understand why we need fairly cheap rent. Never had any extra to invest while we were working, so now we just have social security to live on. It's about 2,300 a month so I feel that rent should be around 700. Problem is, I (not so much him) am very liberal in all respects and places that might be a good fit seem to be pretty expensive. Does anyone have any ideas? Don't have to be right near the beach, and would prefer a small house or 2 bedroom apt. Thanks in advance!

Maybe you should look at moving in with one of those 7 adult children. And don't worry you won't be living too near the beach on that budget. You might get a one bedroom for that kind of money inland.

If you're getting by where you are, you should stay put.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:54 AM

250 posts, read 359,008 times
Lake Worth, Gainesville, Tallahassee i think would all be good places to look into!

But id also recommend, that if your son is going to be living in Jacksonville and you will be staying with him, check out the Riverside and Avondale neighborhoods. Jacksonville as a whole is not liberal, but these neighborhoods are...and relatively affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida