Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 07:09 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Yep, the left lane is technically for passing only, so if you see someone behind you move the _____ over!
Someday perhaps you might learn how to make a left turn. It's technically a technique from that left lane.

Quote:

If you drive in the passing lane and the right lane is open and you still refuse to pull over, you are equally at fault if that driver then passes you from the left and accidentally clips your car and a fatal crash occurs.
No, the driver in any lane is not at fault if someone trying to pass him on any side cuts him off, accidentally crashes into him and causes a fatal accident.

You're not exactly a lawyer, are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:26 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Someday perhaps you might learn how to make a left turn. It's technically a technique from that left lane.

No, the driver in any lane is not at fault if someone trying to pass him on any side cuts him off, accidentally crashes into him and causes a fatal accident.

You're not exactly a lawyer, are you?
1) I am only talking about driving on the FREEWAY.

2) If you are driving in the left lane and there is a giant string of cars behind you tail gating each other and you could easily move over to the other lane, you are most to blame if anything happens. Sorry, but it's true. It's like saying "F*** you" to 50 people and then if a fight breaks out, you say, "oh I'm not at fault because I didn't touch anyone."

Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,324 times
Quote:
1) I am only talking about driving on the FREEWAY.
You never said what you were talking about.

Quote:
2) If you are driving in the left lane and there is a giant string of cars behind you tail gating each other and you could easily move over to the other lane, you are most to blame if anything happens. Sorry, but it's true. It's like saying "F*** you" to 50 people and then if a fight breaks out, you say, "oh I'm not at fault because I didn't touch anyone."
Nope, with absolute metaphysical certitude I guarantee that you are completely wrong about who is at fault here. The passer who hits the slower driver is legally at fault, there is no contributory negligence whatsoever if the slower driver was driving legally.
It's simply a matter of law, not mere opinion.

I'll gladly see you in court anytime! Bring money.
And hire a real lawyer, you better not try to speak for yourself about this.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGal View Post
Lots of people are doing this in FL but I need to know if it's legal to pass on the right?
I do it daily because of the slow drivers. They can hog up the left lane and I will just pass everybody on the right

Old 03-18-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
You never said what you were talking about.

Nope, with absolute metaphysical certitude I guarantee that you are completely wrong about who is at fault here. The passer who hits the slower driver is legally at fault, there is no contributory negligence whatsoever if the slower driver was driving legally.
It's simply a matter of law, not mere opinion.

I'll gladly see you in court anytime! Bring money.
And hire a real lawyer, you better not try to speak for yourself about this.
1) It should be common sense that we are talking about the freeway.

2) I'm not talking in a legal sense, I am talking on a personal level. If you have a long string of cars behind you and you are driving in the fast lane/passing lane/left lane when the other lanes have space, you are a complete jack__ that should feel guilty if an accident or road rage incident breaks out.

Dennis Leary even made a song called, "I'm an A__hole" where part of lyrics go as follows...

"No, I've gotta go out and have fun
At someone else's expense
(Oh yeah)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I drive really slow in the ultrafast lane
While people behind me are going insane

I'm an a__hole
(He's an a__hole, what an a__hole)
I'm an a__hole
(He's an a__hole, such an a__hole)"

Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,335 times
If you're doing 10mph less than the speed limit on the left lane, you have to move over or get a $60 ticket(if caught). New law passed in FL. My initial point was being on the left lane and already doing 70mph(which is the MAX speed limit). If you are driving in the same lane doing in excess of 70mph, technically you are a violator and can get ticketed too.

If you have an accident due to speeding, the judge won't treat you on personal level.

Law Ticketing Slow Drivers In Left Lanes Approved By Rick Scott (VIDEO)

Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
This should happen more often.

WARNING-Turn off volume if offended by profanity.

Cop trolls slowpoke driver in the fast lane - funny! - YouTube

Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,335 times
The above is from Seattle, not FL.

Lamborghini Crashes in Chicago Suburbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0B8bY

Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
The above is from Seattle, not FL.

Lamborghini Crashes in Chicago Suburbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0B8bY
Who said the video was from Florida?

***Mod Cut***

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Off Topic - Start a new thread.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Who said the video was from Florida?

***MOD CUT***
I agree with you! lol

Last edited by doggiebus; 03-19-2014 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida