U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM

4 posts, read 6,372 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking to move to Florida, specifically southern Florida, and would like to know of some good areas to live in. Low crime rate, many things to do, possibility of raising a family, etc... Currently have nothing holding me back and would like to move within the next six months. Let me hear some options!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 01:50 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,055,314 times
Boca Raton

Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,725,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Boca Raton
He said he was 23, not 63.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:17 PM

21,112 posts, read 30,189,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Boca Raton
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
He said he was 23, not 63.
LMAO...I agree.

Check out some of the smaller cities close to Ft Lauderdale such as Weston, Cooper City or Davie. If you want to be closer to the beach look at Oakland Park, Lighthouse Point and Deerfield Beach.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:34 PM

17,878 posts, read 17,721,406 times
I lived in Boca Raton when I was in my early 20's (I'm currently 26) and loved it.
The people who laughed at that recommendation shows their complete lack of knowledge about the area.

Boca Raton is a mix between middle to upper class families and college students. It feels more like a college town to me because of FAU and Lynn. It would be my number one recommendation for the OP. It's beautiful! Almost all the streets are nicely landscaped, some really nice restaurants, great beach, very safe, very clean, good shopping, close to Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale. I loved it and would easily move back there.

Oakland Park, Lighthouse Point and Deerfield Beach are where the lower middle class live and it shows. It's so different from Boca Raton and not in a good way.

Weston, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington are very nice too, but they are almost 100% families where as Boca Raton is just as nice, but split between families and college students.

OP if you have any questions let me know, I lived in Boca for a few years and have tons and tons of friends that still live there and all around from Jupiter to Miami. A lot of people like to move to Boca Raton from areas such as Miami when they are ready to start a family because of its low crime and good schools.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:17 PM

790 posts, read 1,004,858 times
Miami bro, if you can afford it if not then you can live in some 1 bedroom apartment in Hialeah unless you can find a job

Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,154,214 times
Do you have a job? Or you have the funds and do need to worry. Being 23 I would recommend Miami if you can afford a nice place to live there or Ft. Lauderdale area. But it all depends what you want. At 23 why not enjoy Miami and then when you do settle down you can move into the suburbs. There are plenty of low crime rate, nice areas to live in Miami including right in the middle of Downtown and Night Life districts if that's what you want. It all depends on your budget and where you are going to work.

If you are going to say I will find a job down there and just be a waiter. Turn around and don't come down here until you have a job. Or good funds to last you a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or