Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2014, 05:20 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times

Advertisements

Florida man Cody Wygant allegedly suffocated 16-month-old son so he could play video games - CBS News

Why does the stupidest news in the country seem to ALWAYS come out of Florida? Lol.

Anyway, I didn't think this was a laughing matter. But this guy was being annoyed by his baby 16-month old son while he was playing Call of Duty on Xbox. So he went and suffocated his son with bedding materials until he couldn't move anymore, then went back to the couch and played Xbox for 5 more hours.

What are your thoughts on this, Floridians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 05:30 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
I believe he was under the influence of drugs/alcohol. Sad situation - of course, Florida haters might say that this only happens in Florida. But they'd be incorrect, wouldn't they?

'Unemotional' mom admits strangling, suffocating her 6 babies - World - Times Colonist

And wasn't that Newtown shooting in your state? Seems like "stupid" stuff happens everywhere. Maybe the news networks have an agenda against FLA, the 3rd most populated state.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:36 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
I think it is because of the popularity of Florida. Everything here is big news. I think New York City is much worse. Crazy crimes happen everywhere. Let's see what has been going on in the rest of the nation in the past couple of days...

Ex-cop fatally shoots wife in front of her kids:

Perv kisses, gropes 12-year-old girl in Brooklyn - NY Daily News

Moped driver fatally shot in head

Vengeful note left for parents by Conn. woman who killed two grandsons* - NY Daily News

Or maybe this one from California.....

‘I have the last laugh’: Man allegedly strangles college-bound girlfriend before sending her dad chilling textÂ* - NY Daily News

Here's one out of MA

Body tossed along Mass. highway is missing boy, 5: report - NY Daily News

CT - the home of the Newton Massacre.........

Vengeful note left for parents by Conn. woman who killed two grandsons* - NY Daily News

Seattle -

Seattle sheriff's deputy helped wife turn tricks to earn extra cash: reports - NY Daily News

How about this one out of Chicago....

Chicago man bites off ear of man who impregnated underage sister twice: police - NY Daily News

None of these incidents become national news.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr e View Post
Of note - the guy was from CA and just recently moved here. But I'm sure 99.9% of people will gloss over that fact and just roll their eyes while saying "Oh, Florida..."
The area has a large number of transplants from the rest of the country - many are rejects who can't make it and escape to what they think is paradise - ---but their innate traits of being losers in life continue as evidenced by this X-box guy and also recently the Michigan guy who took out several innocent victims when he wanted to drive down I75 in the wrong direction.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:47 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
It just shows how screwed up the populace of our country really is.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:18 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,136 times
You have to give the bloodthirsty what they want so "Child found dead chained to bed after parents set house on fire" in MI doesn't have the same ring to it, Barely made State news when I was up there, you have to put something about the decay of Detroit for anyone to pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida