U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 03:01 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,256,948 times

Advertisements

PDF! What happening?

How's NC treating you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 03:04 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,513,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
PDF! What happening?

How's NC treating you?
It's pretty great. I love Raleigh. I haven't been on any part of C-D much lately, but I did post my first impressions on NC. People here are friendly, the weather is nice, and wow there's so much greenery in Raleigh with all the trees. I'm pretty happy here, just waiting for hockey season to start.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:06 PM

Isnt it nice there? Only been to Raleigh a few times but have friends that live there and love it.

I bet its cooling down a little bit now, would love to feel that right now. Its still been up to low 90's here

Old 09-25-2015, 03:10 PM
PDF

Yeah the real fall weather just started to come in. My first few weeks here, it was definitely hot and humid but still nothing like in Florida. Yes I was out walking and I was sweating, but it was at least bearable. Looking forward to the winter even more than fall.

On the other hand, I took a quick trip to Asheville and did not like it at all. Sorry!

Old 09-25-2015, 03:26 PM

10,353 posts, read 12,210,731 times
My first choice was SC. I love SC.
However, the wife's folks are in Florida so she is hell bent on moving close to them.
Don't get me wrong, I love Florida, I just don't think it's a good fit for me full time.
And I don't think the wife fully understands the consequences of moving there should things not work out. She just blindly wants to be close to her folks without thinking things through.
She thinks Florida is all Disney World and sunshine.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:16 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,047,418 times
^ That's okay. Not everyone is cut out for Florida living.

The few. The proud.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yeah the real fall weather just started to come in. My first few weeks here, it was definitely hot and humid but still nothing like in Florida. Yes I was out walking and I was sweating, but it was at least bearable. Looking forward to the winter even more than fall.

On the other hand, I took a quick trip to Asheville and did not like it at all. Sorry!
Good stuff.

But I love AVL. AVL is bangin!

Old 09-25-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
My first choice was SC. I love SC.
However, the wife's folks are in Florida so she is hell bent on moving close to them.
Don't get me wrong, I love Florida, I just don't think it's a good fit for me full time.
And I don't think the wife fully understands the consequences of moving there should things not work out. She just blindly wants to be close to her folks without thinking things through.
She thinks Florida is all Disney World and sunshine.

Greenville SC. Asheville NC.

what part of FL is she wanting to be in?

Old 09-25-2015, 07:00 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Good stuff.

But I love AVL. AVL is bangin!
Why do you like Asheville so much? It reminded me of everything I didn't like about Florida. I'm not sure if I'd even like Charlotte. Raleigh is a gem, IMO.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:12 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,902,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I heard about this horrendous story. Anyone who thinks society isn't heading downhill needs their head examined.
I know what you mean. People were so much more refined when a woman accused of committing adultery was buried up to her shoulders and stoned to death. How about those cultured people who drowned women suspected of being witches or burned them alive? Don't forget drawing & quartering or hangings in the town square.

Yup, let's go back to the good old days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida