U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 AM
 
422 posts, read 303,259 times
Reputation: 607

Advertisements

Even the politicians are insane

Florida Politician Admits To Drinking Goat Blood After Pagan Sacrifice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2015, 02:32 PM
 
Location: FLORIDA
8,964 posts, read 6,274,491 times
Reputation: 3380
Florida woman’s eye glued shut after mix-up involving super glue and eye drops | Fox 59

national news. poor FL.


poor lady. feel bad for her. i'm being serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2015, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,266,490 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Florida womanís eye glued shut after mix-up involving super glue and eye drops | Fox 59

national news. poor FL.


poor lady. feel bad for her. i'm being serious.
Besides the fact that she is one of approximately 20 million FL residents, what does it have to do with FL?

This has happened before, all around the world.....

Eye Injuries Caused by Superglue...Yeah, it Happens | MidlevelU

Don't Super Glue Your Eyes Shut

Superglue injuries of the eye


Is it your goal to post articles that involve people in Florida having misfortunes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2015, 04:59 PM
 
Location: FLORIDA
8,964 posts, read 6,274,491 times
Reputation: 3380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Besides the fact that she is one of approximately 20 million FL residents, what does it have to do with FL?

This has happened before, all around the world.....

Eye Injuries Caused by Superglue...Yeah, it Happens | MidlevelU

Don't Super Glue Your Eyes Shut

Superglue injuries of the eye


Is it your goal to post articles that involve people in Florida having misfortunes?

I've posted like 3-4 articles in this 40+ pg thread. I dont google search this stuff. It just so happens that on my news feed, 2 of the 3 articles / new stories involved FL, and I copy and pasted this one. The other article was of a man bringing a human skull into a Publix. I guess I could have posted that one instead? C'mon SH, 2 of the 3 articles on my news feed involved FL. Dont you think there MAY BE something in the air or the water down here making people a little weird? Whether you like to admit it or not, we are in the national headlines a lot. Just admit it. For once dont defend FL like its the best thing since sliced bread. Its just a state, and its weird. Thats ok to admit SH. Lightining will not strike you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2015, 05:12 PM
 
17,586 posts, read 10,656,824 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I've posted like 3-4 articles in this 40+ pg thread. I dont google search this stuff. It just so happens that on my news feed, 2 of the 3 articles / new stories involved FL, and I copy and pasted this one. The other article was of a man bringing a human skull into a Publix. I guess I could have posted that one instead? C'mon SH, 2 of the 3 articles on my news feed involved FL. Dont you think there MAY BE something in the air or the water down here making people a little weird? Whether you like to admit it or not, we are in the national headlines a lot. Just admit it. For once dont defend FL like its the best thing since sliced bread. Its just a state, and its weird. Thats ok to admit SH. Lightining will not strike you.
FL is the 3rd most populous State it will be in the news a lot. The weirdness has nothing to do with the State and weird people live everywhere and ... many move to FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 PM
 
Location: on the edge of Sanity
14,269 posts, read 15,922,500 times
Reputation: 7899
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
FL is the 3rd most populous State it will be in the news a lot. The weirdness has nothing to do with the State and weird people live everywhere and ... many move to FL.
I agree and will elaborate.

Florida has 19.89 million residents, plus millions of tourists and snowbirds. Take the population of

Wyoming - 584,000
Vermont - 626,000
N Dakota - 738,000
Alaska - 736,000
S Dakota - 853,000
Delaware - 935,000
Montana - 1,024,000
RI - 1,052,000
NH - 1,323,000
Maine - 1,328,000
Hawaii - 1,452,000
Idaho - 1,634,000
West VA - 1,853,000
Nebraska - 1,882,000
New Mexico- 2,086,000

add them together and you still don't have 19 million

So FL probably isn't crazier than anywhere else, but it has more people than 15 smaller states combined.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-09-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2015, 06:19 PM
 
17,586 posts, read 10,656,824 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree and will elaborate.

Florida has 19.89 million residents, plus millions of tourists and snowbirds. Take the population of

Wyoming - 584,000
Vermont - 626,000
N Dakota - 738,000
Alaska - 736,000
S Dakota - 853,000
Delaware - 935,000
Montana - 1,024,000
RI - 1,052,000
NH - 1,323,000
Maine - 1,328,000
Hawaii - 1,452,000
Idaho - 1,634,000
West VA - 1,853,000
Nebraska - 1,882,000
New Mexico- 2,086,000

add them together and you still don't have 19 million

So FL probably isn't crazier than anywhere else, but it has more people than 15 smaller states combined.
And think how empty they are in Winter when all the Snow Birds flock to .... FL. OK, maybe not from Hawaii, NM and Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2015, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,266,490 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I've posted like 3-4 articles in this 40+ pg thread. I dont google search this stuff. It just so happens that on my news feed, 2 of the 3 articles / new stories involved FL, and I copy and pasted this one. The other article was of a man bringing a human skull into a Publix. I guess I could have posted that one instead? C'mon SH, 2 of the 3 articles on my news feed involved FL. Dont you think there MAY BE something in the air or the water down here making people a little weird? Whether you like to admit it or not, we are in the national headlines a lot. Just admit it. For once dont defend FL like its the best thing since sliced bread. Its just a state, and its weird. Thats ok to admit SH. Lightining will not strike you.
The reason FL makes national news more than other places is because so many people are familiar with. Been here, want to be here, are here. 20 million of us. Crazy news happens in all states every day but they dont make the news. Something as mudane as someone having a household accident does make the news while Rodney Mark Hendrix, 49, is accused of burglarizing a Denver pre-school and church in August 2014 and was caught due to a DNA test of a pair of poopy shorts left in a bathroom at the crime scene 13 months prior, a Rhode Island man who weighs almost 800 pounds was kicked out of a hospital after ordering a pizza and is now being forced to live out of his fatherís SUV, when an Ohio man told a dispatcher that he was "too high" on marijuana, officers arrived at his Austintown home to find him on the floor "in a fetal position" amid a "plethora" of Doritos and other junk food, according to a police report . Did you see any of these on your news feed? I doubt it but things actually do happen elsewhere and it doesnt become national news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2015, 07:44 AM
 
5,187 posts, read 5,692,929 times
Reputation: 1614
Only rednecks and people with low IQ'S get a charge out of this humor or drama. Get a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2015, 07:48 AM
KPB
 
1,435 posts, read 927,784 times
Reputation: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The reason FL makes national news more than other places is because so many people are familiar with. Been here, want to be here, are here. 20 million of us. Crazy news happens in all states every day but they dont make the news.
I agree. (Haters)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top