Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 09:02 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,914,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It may seem that way. I think it just the fact that the influx of people has been so large over the years that the odds that some are not going to be all that sane flow with them are pretty good.

Also consider our society continues to get loonier every day, everywhere.
A lot of ppl move to the Asheville NC area too, where I lived for several yrs, and it just seems like a different kind of people. Certain ppl are drawn to areas for different reasons, sometimes to be around ppl like them, sometimes to blend in, some for other reasons I wont mention, etc. I just see different areas of the Southeast growing too, especially places in FL, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Greenville SC, etc... and it appears from my observation that FL draws a different breed of ppl, in some cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 09:04 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr e View Post
Do you have any stats to back that up?
Its more of an observation than statistical compilation‎. The most simple way to observe it is to read a newspaper or review the news each day.

Insanity In America

Pathocracy

Mental Illness in Society: Overview of Mental Health Care: Merck Manual Home Edition

Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
A lot of ppl move to the Asheville NC area too, where I lived for several yrs, and it just seems like a different kind of people. Certain ppl are drawn to areas for different reasons, sometimes to be around ppl like them, sometimes to blend in, some for other reasons I wont mention, etc. I just see different areas of the Southeast growing too, especially places in FL, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Greenville SC, etc... and it appears from my observation that FL draws a different breed of ppl, in some cases.
I see. NC has 1/2 of the population of Florida.

Read this....

naminc.org/nn/misc/NCstats.pdf

and then this......

nami.org/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm?ContentFileID=93487

Old 04-26-2014, 10:29 AM

NC may have 1/2 the population, but there is an overall difference in who is moving into FL and who is moving into NC. Just...believe me...

Old 04-26-2014, 10:31 AM

the first link... pull up the same info for state of FL. I have nothing to compare it to. All those #'s dont really mean much for NC because there's no baseline or any comparisons going on.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:59 PM

See, some of these are just plain weird. Road rage - someone beeped at a red light and then the two dragged a 61 yr old woman out of her car?

And then a South FL man playing with himself trying to harrass and "entice" a semi-truck driver? I mean, WTH people? ITs ***** like this that drives me insane and is an embarrassment.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM

790 posts, read 1,267,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
See, some of these are just plain weird. Road rage - someone beeped at a red light and then the two dragged a 61 yr old woman out of her car?

And then a South FL man playing with himself trying to harrass and "entice" a semi-truck driver? I mean, WTH people? ITs ***** like this that drives me insane and is an embarrassment.

Agree, and TBH its not that these are crazy new stories, I mean sure crazy things happen everywhere, but the sheer volume alone of stuff like this in FL is what boggles my mind. I pulled these from news stories this week, OP pulled his last week and thats not included some of the wither wierd mild news stories I found for this week and didnt post.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:04 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,655,346 times
This story really stuck a chord with me because my mother is only a couple of years older than the victim of this road rage incident.

FWIW, if two people ever did something like that to my mother, let's just hope those folks stay locked up for their own personal safety.

I wouldn't care that they're women either--I know my father and brother certainly wouldn't discriminate either, haha!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:06 PM

I agree, theb8nk, As I've said before, born and raised Floridian who still has love for the state, but the crazy stories and sheer number of these stories, I cant overlook. It's out of proportion. All I can think of, is that FL draws a lot of weirdos and just plain morons/creeps to the state. These stories, or sheer number of them wont fly in a place like Raleigh, or Greenville SC, or Austin. So ppl that are weird/moronic/whatever, are going to be drawn to places where they can fit in/hide.

I really wish that FL did not draw these types of ppl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida