U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 AM

8 posts, read 25,935 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to Palm Coast, FL. We are looking at the Grand Haven subdivision. I would love some feedback of the neighborhood and area. We are currently living in Georgia and homeschool our son. We are considering sending him back to school when we move. Any feedback on the public and private schools for this area would be very helpful. I have looked at some school rating websites but I haven't found much info. Thanks for your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 02:39 PM

We are planning to visit and stay for about a month this summer. We hope to spend some time with a Realtor and get to know the area a little better. Is there anyone of the forum that can tell us about Grand Haven? The HOA seems pretty high but the amenities look very nice. We like the idea of gated. There seem to be a lot of waterfront homes in Grand Haven. Would we have to worry about flooding? The home prices seem to be a good bit higher than some of the other subdivisions. I've seen a lot of nice looking homes on-line but the prices vary a good bit. Not sure why there is such a big price variance with similar style and square footage. We would like a home under $325k 3BR/2BA with an inground pool. We have a 10 year old son so it would be nice if the subdivision had other kids to play with. We homeschool now but would like the option of a good school just in case our situation changes. We have income so the job situation will not be a problem. I've have tried to read every post on Palm Coast but I haven't seen much on this subdivision. We also considered St. Augustine but Palm Coast seemed a little less touristy and laid back. We are used to traffic in Atlanta so driving to Jacksonville or Daytona doesn't sound so bad.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:20 PM

54 posts, read 124,416 times
Grand Haven is a very nice gated community. Nice location off of Colbert so close to 100 where there is shopping and close to Flagler Beach.
Also going the other way , you are about 10 minutes up the road to Palm Coast Parkway where there is even more shopping.
I moved to PC about 2 years ago and we absolutely love it here!!!! I am actually building a home in Palm Coast Plantation which is the next community from Grand Haven.
PC plantation has HOA fees & amenities. You may want to look into it. Has more families it seems then Grand Haven.
PC plantation is NOT a golf community but has many amenities.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 PM

You'll also be in one of the best schools in Flagler County.
Old Kings Elementary
Indian Trails Middle School
Matanzas high
Oh and there's also the Imagine School at Town Center.(charter school )
Please pm me if you have Any questions

Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 AM

62 posts, read 185,669 times
My wife and I are also interested in Grand Haven. Have visited the Club with real estate agents several times over the past two years. Currently we are renting in the Club. We hope a month will give us a "feel" for all the pros and cons of actually living in Grand Haven.

I am in the 70's and my wife is in her 60's. We both are in reasonably good health.

Now for some preliminary observations. The community is active but quiet. More young families than originally expected. All streets are tree lined and shady with sidewalks throughout. People walk all over the Club for their exercise although there are two different air conditioned facilities devoted to physical activities.

There are twenty four different sections within Grand Haven, an 18 hole golf course and Club House with restaurant. There is a range of real estate prices depending on size, location and builder. Houses located on the ICW will generally cost $200,000 to $300,000 more. Beware, however, most of those will fall within the new 2012 flood zone. Other than ICW houses, the great majority are not in any flood area outside the X zone.

The community resides almost equidistant between Palm Coast Parkway and !00. There is a toll one way on the Parkway over the ICW.

Yesterday we needed to take our auto in for servicing. A check on Google showed an equal distance (23 miles) to a dealer in St Augustine and Daytona Beech.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:06 AM

Thank you so much Tropicaldreams and Zapata1818 for the information. We didn't know about the 2012 flood zone. Some of the resales in Grand Haven have been sitting on the market for awhile. I wonder if that is the issue? We would definitely like to avoid that if possible. Palm Coast Plantation looks very nice too. I'm happy to hear that you love it Tropicaldreams after being there for a couple of years already. Although it will eventually be our retirement home in a few years, we have a 10 year old son. It would be nice to have other kids nearby. We are looking forward to spending a few weeks in Palm Coast getting to know the area. Good luck to both of you on building your new home and deciding where to buy. Maybe we will be neighbors.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:52 PM

We do love it here! Sunshine year round !
Have 3 kids and all have acclimated well in school.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:25 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,101,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicaldreams View Post
I moved to PC about 2 years ago and we absolutely love it here!!!! I am actually building a home in Palm Coast Plantation
Hey Tropicaldreams! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Glad to hear that you still love it here, but I'm surprised to hear you're moving already! I think we've been here almost 6 years now and we still love it too. I've been very happy with the schools. Some people claim their kids are bored here, but honestly, we're so busy there's no time to be bored! I hope Wandabowman likes it just as much. Oh, and just ignore all the road construction going on now.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:23 PM

12 posts, read 20,977 times
tropical dreams

My wife and I are also building in Palm Coast Plantation - lakeside on Heron Dr. Hope to be moved in by Labor Day. We're moving from Gainesville ... sort of a semi-retirement. I'm a Florida cracker, a Florida Pioneer Descendant, so there's no adjustment to a new climate.

We could have moved anywhere in Florida ... but really liked Flagler County. It's close enough to Jax, Orlando, Tampa if you must go .... but also far enough away. Plus, we're close enough to Gainesville to keep our ties thereto, including physicians.

wandabowman, we were very impressed with Grand Haven and that was #2 for us, after we saw Palm Coast Plantation. We love to kayak, sail, and fish so, living on a freshwater lake and being just a mile by roadway to the intercoastal waterway made PC Plantation the perfect neighborhood for us. Good luck with your search and decision.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:18 PM

We will be on Emerald Lake Drive. Really excited about our move to palm Coast Plantation.
May I ask which builder you chose? We have looked at Salt Water Homes and Gold Coast Custom Homes but haven't made a final selection yet .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida