Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 10:04 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Others might same the reverse. Florida? Great for a vacation but I would not want to live there. Different strokes, for different folks.

No, I have not changed my opinion of living here. Just keeping it myself, hiberating, and biding my time.
Absolutely! Can you imagine if we all loved living in the same place and all decided to live there? The place would be so crowded it wouldn't be habitable. Of course, IMO some places are like that already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
dude, there's no doubt California has more spectacular scenery. Big Sur, the Redwoods, the cliffs and mountains along the ocean, the spectacular views, there's no question about it.

The only way one can have a view in FL is if they live in a high rise building, otherwise it's a flat swamp
I wouldn't say that, while I agree that mountains and ocean views are spectacular, I'd say looking out the window of our breakfast nook, looking at the river, the mangroves, flora and fauna here in SW Florida is beautiful too.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Your exactly right. Florida definetly isn't for everybody. I know how those people feel. It took us over 4 years to sell our house and move back. It all boils down to how much of a hit are you willing to take and how bad do you want to get out. Anything's possible if you want it bad enough.
I don't know when you sold your house or where that house was located, but we sold our house in Miami the first day it was on the MLS list. That day we got three offers, one for the asking price. We took that offer and the sale was completed within a month. This was in December 2012.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:13 AM

623 posts, read 965,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Your exactly right. Florida definetly isn't for everybody. I know how those people feel. It took us over 4 years to sell our house and move back. It all boils down to how much of a hit are you willing to take and how bad do you want to get out. Anything's possible if you want it bad enough.
The average days on the market where I live is just 53 days things have changed in Florida

Last edited by boston904; 07-26-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I love the giant birds that visit me - the beautiful flowers all around me - and nothing ever dies and turns brown - don't miss Fall and Winter one bit.
You must be talking about the sand hill cranes-my favorite!

I grew up in Southern Calif and left in my early 20s. Since then, I have lived in Oklahoma, Ohio, Texas, Mississippi, and now Florida. We have been here 6 1/2 years and never once regretted moving here. Even though I'm a Cali native, I still feel Florida is the favorite state I've lived in thus far. I don't miss the dirty-looking sand and freezing water when I can have white-sand beaches with turquoise water. It's cheaper to live here, and the winter is milder. I also love the abundance of wildlife I've seen since I've been here, especially the tons of varieties of birds (I even had the privilege of seeing a flock of flamingos enjoying a deep puddle after a big rain, something I never would have thought to see outside of a zoo).

Old 01-15-2015, 11:33 AM

105 posts, read 107,659 times
Default Caution

If you want some of the northern things like change of seasons stay in northern florida, Jacksonville area.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:18 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Heat View Post
If you want some of the northern things like change of seasons stay in northern florida, Jacksonville area.
People live in FL to avoid "northern things".

Old 01-18-2015, 04:47 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
People live in FL to avoid "northern things".
After the last 2+ years, the only "northern thing" I want to see is myself and my family, lol.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:00 AM

734 posts, read 920,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Heat View Post
I don't think you understand the point of Florida, which is to avoid northern things like distinct seasonal variation.

"I love seasons, that's why I moved to a place where I can avoid the ones that suck."

Old 01-18-2015, 05:16 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
We moved from Ohio and absolutely love what Florida has to offer us. We enjoy being warm and being outside, so the weather here suits us the vast majority of the year. I like getting up to blue skies, sunshine, warmth, flowering plants, and the natural beauty which surrounds me here. The sandhill cranes, white pelicans, and other birds I see frequently in my neighborhood are an added bonus. I realize Florida is not for everyone, but for me it's amazing and I wish I could've gotten here sooner. I miss my friends in Ohio, but I'd never want to live there again after experiencing what we have here. There's a spot for everyone and when you find your spot it feels like home and where you were meant to be all along. It's hard to describe, but if you've ever experienced it, it's undeniable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida