Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 09:01 PM

197 posts, read 195,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
If you're this unhappy LEAVE NOW
I never said I was Unhappy. Just stating the facts as I see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 09:24 PM

994 posts, read 966,364 times
Who has moved from mountain areas? In my example is Blue Ridge Mountains in NC . I really think about moving to FL alot to the Wesley Chapel area , but I don't know if I can leave the mountains . I still see wildlife preserves near WC to hike if I want and be in nature . I like the beach also , but not as much as the mountains .

Old 11-11-2017, 10:45 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
The wife and I moved to Florida in 2015. Would she do it again? Most likely yes. Would I? Here is a list of pro's and con's.

Pro's
1. More sunny days than Ohio.
2. Close to the beach.
3. House is nicer.

Con's
1. Humidity in June, July, August is unbearable if you are working outside.
2. The same three months it rains practically every day. Lightning is worst in country.
3. Permits are required for almost anything.
4. Auto insurance is higher.
5. Home owners insurance is more expensive.
6. Food is higher price.
7. Little to no industry. Jobs are all service related.
8. I absolutely hate Snowbird season. That would be November thru April. The traffic sucks, wait times at any restaurants triple.
9. The drivers in Florida are the worst in the country. My observation maybe not a fact.
10. When the "Red Tide" rolls in the beaches are useless.
11. Many more Snakes than I ever saw up north, including venomous.
12. Hurricanes.
13. No parking spots in a huge Wal-Mart parking lot during Snowbird season.
14. Having to be away from family during the holidays or putting yourself thru Airline torture to get up there for the holidays.
15. Christmas decorations do not look the same here and Christmas looks like any other day.
16. I am sure that I left something out.
Yes what you left out was that you didn't plan your move properly moving to a sub-tropical state with Hurricanes , snakes, humidity and how different your cost of living would be.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:48 PM

459 posts, read 585,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
Who has moved from mountain areas? In my example is Blue Ridge Mountains in NC . I really think about moving to FL alot to the Wesley Chapel area , but I don't know if I can leave the mountains . I still see wildlife preserves near WC to hike if I want and be in nature . I like the beach also , but not as much as the mountains .

Stay there. I moved from central Alaska and Florida is terrible. Crap weather w/heat and humidity most of the year. Expensive as hell with taxes.

The rest of the year every chit hole on the planet comes to Florida and totally screws it up ... I left after 4 LONG years and now in south Alabama ... loving it.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:09 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Moving from the foot of the Smoky's in E TN, a beautiful area to Central East coast FL. Big difference. I need the better air quality and hate the cold, so it is better for me. Where you are is beautiful, .... so it really depends on what is important to you.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:10 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,140,103 times
Quote:
Many years ago I lived in Utah and moved east. I've never considered the things in the east they call mountains real mountains - just too short. Folks ski in the east but I don't know why? No powder no big bowls just overpopulated bunny runs. I finally gave up skiing except for trips out west.

When people move from one place to another with different geography you have to expect things like weather are different. If you have a choice and like the hills of North Carolina stay there or snowbird and get the best of both. Florida isn't going to give you a view of hills like you are used to and like.q

Old 11-17-2017, 04:50 PM

22 posts, read 14,862 times
Love all these comments, good and bad, why not make a change?

I am hoping leaving NJ means less severe seasonal allergies, being able to have flowering plants year round outside, just enjoying taking the dog on a walk at night without freezing in January/February, and not having to defrost the ice off the car in the mornings!!

Old 11-17-2017, 05:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachedrukia View Post
Love all these comments, good and bad, why not make a change?

I am hoping leaving NJ means less severe seasonal allergies, being able to have flowering plants year round outside, just enjoying taking the dog on a walk at night without freezing in January/February, and not having to defrost the ice off the car in the mornings!!
You are looking at it quite intelligently, though allergies can be a problem in FL too.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:31 AM

274 posts, read 326,389 times
I think what Mr. Skin mentioned that no one seems to have addressed is that his wife likes it! It's not so easy to just "go back" if one half of the group is happy. Should his wife leave if he is unhappy? Or does he stay to make her happy? I have seen other people in the same dilemma. I think it's nice of him to stay in FL for his wife! Sometimes in a marriage one just has to try and make the best of things and that's probably what he's doing. Just secretly complaining a little on here.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:45 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
This thread is too funny...
I was born and raised in So Fla.....tried to move up north.....and hated it
...learned my lesson, and came running back

I love summers here, and absolutely hate winters....hate the cold, the wind, getting dark at 5...having to constantly watch the weather to bring plants in when it gets too cold....hate winter! once I get cold, I can't warm back up, and I don't even want to move
Summer I can always cool off, either garden early or late, take clothes off, jump in the water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida