Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:50 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
And that could be said for others. The thing is, most ppl dont complain about how nice others are, but to be around loud and obnoxious ppl, that's a different story, and not something most ppl like to be around. There are exceptions, but of course, thats rare.
I am not around any loud or obnoxious people and they are from various parts of the US. There is a large amount of New York ex-patriots here in Spring Hill. I dont find them to be loud or obnoxious either.
Some are opinionated but not rude or loud.

I do find that there is a certain racial makeup that can be loud and obnoxious in groups of as little as 3 though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
It's on the General US forum. Last time I checked, FL had over 70% of the votes.

I looked a bit and didnt see it. Do you know the title?

Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I left for a great job opp and to be around family.

No, sorry, I lived there. Never saw what you speak of. If my wife got a flat tire, let me see, would I want it to be in Orlando or Asheville? Gee, who's gonna stop and help my wife first?...... Man that's a head scratcher.
I would hope nobody stops and she waits for AAA to show up because I would not trust a Good Samaritan
in any city.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:04 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I would hope nobody stops and she waits for AAA to show up because I would not trust a Good Samaritan
in any city.
I see your point there.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:12 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I looked a bit and didnt see it. Do you know the title?

Its "FL vs other states", I think is the title.

Hey, I like FL, but its easy to pick on... here's a quote from the thread youre looking for...

"Sure, many states have crazy people. But Florida is in it's own league. I recall in Tampa in the news there were two separate stories of a man 'doing his dog' in front of the neighbors.

I guess perhaps many states have crazies, but Florida seems to have most of the sick people."

It is kinda funny that we are on the radar a lot. Its obvious others notice too. Its ok to admit that.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times
Quote:

Hey, I like FL, but its easy to pick on... here's a quote from the thread youre looking for...

"Sure, many states have crazy people. But Florida is in it's own league. I recall in Tampa in the news there were two separate stories of a man 'doing his dog' in front of the neighbors.

I guess perhaps many states have crazies, but Florida seems to have most of the sick people."

It is kinda funny that we are on the radar a lot. Its obvious others notice too. Its ok to admit that.
You know as well as I that we are picked on more just because we're Florida.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:48 AM

I think it has to do with volume. The volume of people and the degeneration of society as a whole.

So, in an equation, Volume + degeneration = weird news.

To prove this point, take a look at the news stories coming out of the 5 largest states.
Texas, California, New York, Illinois, Florida. All have a constant stream of weird news coming from them due to the equation. .You dont hear too much about Idaho, Iowa, Wyoming, Montana as there is, comparably, a lacking of part of the equation. Volume.

Florida gets a lot of attention due to its popularity as a destination state. California used to get all the attention back in the 60's.

The weird news is almost like publicity. It keeps it on everyone's mind. If it's on their mind they
are more likely to come for a visit knowing that the weird news doesnt happen everywhere, all the time.
Kind of like a curiosity. Gee, maybe they could be here when something weird happens so they can say they were there 'when.....

Quote:

Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Most people are moving from FL to the Carolina's and Georgia, to answer your question, macrodome2.

I can answer that one for you. And the reason for that is mainly Floridians unhappy with changes that have gone on over the yrs, to get a better quality of life, lower cost of living, tired of the heat and humidity, tired of the traffic and congestion, the people and crime, etc.

Dont you think that people are just bringing the same problems along with them to the Carolina's and Georgia?

Old 05-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Weird? I dont see the weirdness in most of them. Rather innoculous incidents but certainly not weird.

Quote:
Gawker.com says FL has the most weird crimes in the WORLD. Lol.
the 15 best Florida Man (and Woman) stories from 2013
  1. Drunk Miami Man Drowns Searching Sewer for Keys, Survives
  2. Florida Man Dials 911 Dozens of Times to Order Kool-Aid and Weed
  3. Drunk Florida Woman Calls 911 Out of Loneliness, Gets Arrested
  4. Florida Man Steals Truck Carrying $75,000 of Campbell's Soup
  5. Dog Shoots Owner in the Leg; Police Rule Shooting 'Accidental'
  6. Florida Woman Who Caught Husband Cheating Takes Dump on the Floor, Asks Cops 'What Was I Supposed to Do?'
  7. Florida Man Arrested for Performing Exorcism on 80-Year-Old Girlfriend
  8. Naked and Hallucinating Dog Walker Tasered 3 Times, Arrested
  9. Florida Man Robs Gas Station While Applying for Job There
  10. Florida Man Stripped Naked, Robbed While on First Date With Tree
  11. Two Fun Gals Arrested Fulfilling Bucket List; One Was Eating Jerky
  12. Florida Man Reveals Murder Plan After Butt-Dialing 911
  13. Florida Man Escapes Police Only to be Mauled by Alligator
  14. Girlfriend 'Playfully' Shoots, Kills Boyfriend
  15. Florida Man Goads Kid Into Fight, Joins In When Son Starts Losing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida