U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,804 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a relocation from expensive, cold and ugly CT. No time frame. I have to find work. I've been doing some research and not sure where I should begin to look and hoping that based on my 'wants' you can point me in the right direction. Not to be a pain but I'm pretty strong-minded with this list. Here goes (and not in order)
1. Very Low Crime
2. Beautiful warm sunny weather for the majority of the year
3. View of some type of impressive body of water and PALM trees are a must!
4. Townhome or condo - nothing to big/high rise.
5. Move in ready perhaps furnished (I'm divorcing)
6. Two bedrooms/two baths with a balcony for that view
7. Gated community would be nice
8. Amenities galore ie. a restaurant and golf on premise full of nice friendly people
9. Pool/spa
10. Not located on a busy road
11. Reasonably priced - I may be from CT but I'm not rich! If I rent, no more than a grand. If I buy, very low 100's. HOA?
12. Near shopping
13. Near airport
14. My background is banking and sales/marketing. I work for a core provider to banks.
15. Garage
16. Central air
17. Washer/Dryer in home

I understand it's better to be on the gulf side for better beaches. My email is [EMAIL="rwandrea@sbcglobal.net"]rwandrea@sbcglobal.net[/EMAIL] and any feedback is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 08:07 AM

15,112 posts, read 31,005,993 times
Find a job first, then look for housing. Based on your criteria I suggest somewhere in the Tampa Bay (Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater) area - (since you want palm trees plus beaches on the gulf coast.

Good luck!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 AM

21,109 posts, read 30,189,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Find a job first, then look for housing. Based on your criteria I suggest somewhere in the Tampa Bay (Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater) area - (since you want palm trees plus beaches on the gulf coast.

Good luck!
I agree with Gypsychic. Check out specifically the Belleair/Belleair Bluffs area.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:49 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,055,314 times
What about Sarasota or Naples? I'd go further south in Florida if you want warm weather for most of the year. North and even Central Florida can get pretty chilly in the winter, especially at night. Don't forget though, that even South Florida gets a few cold days every winter.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 AM

2,863 posts, read 6,383,819 times
Naples might work but you would have to give up the waterfront view in that price range.

Parts of Fort Myers also but again give up the waterfront.

I also agree with Gypsychic-Tampa Bay also.

Job first, then housing.

Any school age kids moving with you?

Old 05-26-2014, 02:38 PM

75 posts, read 94,237 times
I am planning a move back to Florida in about 5.5 years. I know that is a long time but I start planning early. I lived in Palm Bay for 18 years, and I have daughters in Palm Bay and Tampa, but I have no desire to live in either of those locations. I am looking at apartments because I just don't want to bother with a house. I have just started checking out The Quarters, Cove and Rolling Acres in Lady Lake, and right now I lean towards The Quarters. I want an area that is safe. I have seen all too well what drugs and violence do to a community. Any opinions on the Lady Lakes area?

Lady Lakes caught my eye but I am open to suggestions for other areas. Low crime rate is a must. I will be a retiree so schools are not important, and no, I am not looking for a retirement home atmosphere.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:24 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,035,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1 View Post
I am planning a move back to Florida in about 5.5 years. I know that is a long time but I start planning early. I lived in Palm Bay for 18 years, and I have daughters in Palm Bay and Tampa, but I have no desire to live in either of those locations. I am looking at apartments because I just don't want to bother with a house. I have just started checking out The Quarters, Cove and Rolling Acres in Lady Lake, and right now I lean towards The Quarters. I want an area that is safe. I have seen all too well what drugs and violence do to a community. Any opinions on the Lady Lakes area?

Lady Lakes caught my eye but I am open to suggestions for other areas. Low crime rate is a must. I will be a retiree so schools are not important, and no, I am not looking for a retirement home atmosphere.
I'm actually more curious to know why you moved to Oklahoma from Florida in the first place.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:57 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,205,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1 View Post

What is today is no indication of what may be in 5 years.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:28 PM

790 posts, read 1,004,625 times
LOL at everyone defaulting to Tampa....ever been in East Tampa on an overcast day? Looks just as bad or worse than parts up north.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:19 PM

75 posts, read 94,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
I'm actually more curious to know why you moved to Oklahoma from Florida in the first place.
That is too long a story to go into. I am originally from Michigan. I have no desire to be too close to a major city, and by major I mean >100,000. I am not locked into any area so I would love to hear suggestions. I do a lot of research and that is why I am starting early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or