U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 02:12 PM

184 posts, read 187,579 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the helpful information !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 AM

155 posts, read 278,744 times
Want to buy my PC pool home? North end of town, within a few miles of the new I-95 interchange.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:09 PM

147 posts, read 166,795 times
Hello. I might be chiming in a little late but I wanted to mention an area you might not have considered. I live in Lakeland, FL which is about 1/2 way between Tampa and Orlando on I-4. It is only 30 minutes to the Disney area and Tampa and you are just a little over an hour from the Gulf beaches. Lakeland has some great medical facilities so I'm sure finding an RN job would not be a problem at all. We also have a few pharmaceutical companies such as WellDyne Rx. We are also the home to Publix, have a GEICO regional office as well as an Amazon warehouse among many other recognizable brands. Lakeland has tons of parks and family activities. I've included some links below.

Parks and Recreation > Home
Downtown Lakeland | Shopping, Dining, Entertainment, and Events
Lakeland Regional Medical Center | LRMC | Medical Center in Lakeland
Watson Clinic LLP - Family Health & Medical Center, Lakeland Florida - Watson Clinic LLP

Good luck in your search!
Tonya

Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 PM

25 posts, read 37,437 times
I live in Cape Coral and have been at 3 elementary a middle and a high school and the schooling is great! They have tons of programs for kids with disabilities, language barriers etc. Most of the high schools have vocational credits for college and are able to get real certifications. The teachers and the school keep contact with the parents, by email, phone and there LEE DISTRICT SCHOOLS app. This city is also very safe. I've lived here for 10 years and have never had a problem where we've had to call the police. Cape Coral has a population of roughly 170k with about 12 elementary 6 middle and 5 High Schools, with a great charter system. Even though the size it keeps that small town feel.
(About 650k metro area) It was rated 5th best mid sized city to live in by MOVOTO.com. And in my opinion is a nice place to live

I would research the area more in depth before making a decision.
Hope this helps

Old 06-16-2014, 03:54 PM

155 posts, read 278,744 times
Default Maybe Palm Coast

Jobs are hard to find in almost all of Florida. As an RN, you have a leg up on most folks. Health care is booming. Lots of homes to pick from for reasonable prices, lots of reasonable rents. Regarding renting, this is a public service FYI. When we first came to Palm Coast, I rented a very nice salt water canal home sight unseen from up north. All was good for a year and then I started getting notices from the property owners mortgage company. It turned out that he was in foreclosure. Needless to say, we had to act fast and ended up buying a home that we may not have bought had our landlord not been in foreclosure. Currently, there is a home a street over from us for rent. I had heard that the owners were in foreclosure. I checked the property appraiser's website for the owners names and then went to the county court site and did a public search. Sure enough, in foreclosure since May, called Lis Pendens in Florida. So, I call the realtor that stuck the sign out front of the house, they were evasive. The realtor is CHARLES UMPENHOUR INC., the rental home address is 15 Leidel Drive, Palm Coast. The property appraiser site is Flagler County Florida Property Appraiser
and the court site is Flagler County Clerk Also, always ask for proof that the property owner is current in their mortgage payments. As I understand it, they can rent up to the date of the public auction but, you may have to leave at any time and it becomes very difficult to say the least. In our situation, we had to act very, very quickly. Plus, not the most ethical thing to do, collect rent on a property that one is not paying the mortgage on? Wow. In our case, we lost last month's rent and security due to the property owner being broke. We chalked it up to experience. Don't trust anyone on their word, get proof the home is not in foreclosure and get proof of ownership if you rent. I hope this helps folks moving to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida