Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfromMA View Post
Tampa (more relaxed lifestyle)
Why do people always say this ****? You have never sat in rush hour traffic in 275, dealt with the flooding in South Tampa from a very basic afternoon thunder shower or worked in areas with high amounts of crime if you claim Tampa has a "more relaxed lifestyle".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 AM

293 posts, read 782,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Why do people always say this ****? You have never sat in rush hour traffic in 275, dealt with the flooding in South Tampa from a very basic afternoon thunder shower or worked in areas with high amounts of crime if you claim Tampa has a "more relaxed lifestyle".

Compared to West Palm Beach, is what I've heard. But I'm open to hearing otherwise, just trying to get the info on both areas since I haven't been to either.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:03 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfromMA View Post
Compared to West Palm Beach, is what I've heard. But I'm open to hearing otherwise, just trying to get the info on both areas since I haven't been to either.
I dont go to WPB often but when I do its for vacation or a golf event etc. and I love it. I live in Tampa now so I guess I get to see all the "daily grind" things that go on here. I guess to a northerner Tampa would be considered a "paradise" from what ive seen when ive visited up north. lol

Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I dont go to WPB often but when I do its for vacation or a golf event etc. and I love it. I live in Tampa now so I guess I get to see all the "daily grind" things that go on here. I guess to a northerner Tampa would be considered a "paradise" from what ive seen when ive visited up north. lol

I live about 20 minutes northeast of Hartford CT and the traffic here isn't so bad, I'm expecting it to be much worse regardless of where I wind up in FL.

But yeah, this past winter was really brutal, I'm tired of the cold and snow and ice, the high heating oil costs, the high gasoline taxes (our gas is at $3.87/gallon right now), etc.

My wife and I really want to move to NC, but our boss is relocating operations to FL and that's warm and south, so we'll take it!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:31 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Even if this business is located in West palm Beach-- it doesn not mean u have to live in West palm Beach....
Palm Beach County is large and has many nice, laid-back, affluent, safe areas. For example, Palm Beach Gardens is especially nice and laid-back--very affluent and clean. Gorgeously landscaped, roads are impeccable and just an all around nice place to live with many parks, water access, nice shopping and a bit of nightlife available as well....not far from West Palm at all.

Also, consider Delray Beach-- super cute town in southern Palm Beach county which has a very nice, ecclectic downtown with lots of shops, restaurants and a decent nightlife. A little bit of a funky feel to it as well. Gorgeous beaches in Delray as well and just an all around great Town.

Also, consider Boca Raton-- nationally known for being a great place to live. It's generally safe, clean, good shopping available, close to fort lauderdale and west palm... so u get to enjoy broward and palm beach counties.

I prefer Palm Beach county to Tampa. I find it to be prettier and not quite as congested as Tampa.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Even if this business is located in West palm Beach-- it doesn not mean u have to live in West palm Beach....
Palm Beach County is large and has many nice, laid-back, affluent, safe areas. For example, Palm Beach Gardens is especially nice and laid-back--very affluent and clean. Gorgeously landscaped, roads are impeccable and just an all around nice place to live with many parks, water access, nice shopping and a bit of nightlife available as well....not far from West Palm at all.

Also, consider Delray Beach-- super cute town in southern Palm Beach county which has a very nice, ecclectic downtown with lots of shops, restaurants and a decent nightlife. A little bit of a funky feel to it as well. Gorgeous beaches in Delray as well and just an all around great Town.

Also, consider Boca Raton-- nationally known for being a great place to live. It's generally safe, clean, good shopping available, close to fort lauderdale and west palm... so u get to enjoy broward and palm beach counties.

I prefer Palm Beach county to Tampa. I find it to be prettier and not quite as congested as Tampa.

Thanks for the helpful insight!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:59 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,822 times
Quote:
You don't go to WPB often, but when you do, you grab a Dos Equis?

When people talk about Tampa, they usually mean the entire Tampa Bay area (many northerners can't tell the difference until they move or visit). There's a lot more in TB than just the city of Tampa.

Best areas to live by WPB are in Jupiter or Stuart, FL (at least for families). In general, I prefer a smaller metro area. WPB is in essence 'Miami metro' which can get crazy at times.

Paradise is a state of mind, not a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida