U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:38 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,129,733 times

Advertisements

I suspect this video is the reason for this thread's existence, LOL:

Florida tourism commercial - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 09:27 AM

2,863 posts, read 6,381,846 times
My favorites:

"I just want to relax and get by."

"I don't want to wear a winter coat."

and my all time favorite:

"I need to rest and feed my soul."

The other side of the Coin from up North!

And from this month this guy: "I just want to live somewhere near a beach so i can relax for once..."

Cheapest city to move to immediately?

One of my favorite threads here is the one where someone form the NE is looking for a homeless shelter to move to. I can't find it.

Starfish-thanks for posting my video!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:20 PM

21,105 posts, read 30,175,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I peed in your reservoir.
Oh great...another one.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:46 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,159,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
"I really need a change in my life.... im a 22 y/o single mother of three and have no job..... or money, but i wanna live somewhere by the beach. The warm weather and palm trees will totes make my life like way better than it is here in Ohio.....did I mention I need section 8?.....any recommendations appreciated!"
Plenty of Section 8's in Wellington from what I understand. It's being called "Welliehood".

In any case, I remembered that poster. I pm'd her a few times. She had a profession that pays well here.

Due to the foreclosure crisis, it would've been possible for her to get fairly close to what she wanted. It's sad that things went that far.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:13 PM

I don't know where the homeless shelter thread went, but I did honor it in my first post, the last thread paraphrase. That thread went so low, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry....

I see a lot of good ones in the Miami forum too. Such as:

"We have decided to move to South Beach. We've been there a few times, and knew it was perfect for us. We like the intersection of Collins and 5th St, right off the MacArthur Causeway - between the beach and the clubs, among all the highrises. Can anyone recommend a block that has single-family homes and a very family-friendly atmosphere? We have 3 kids, and need parks where they can roam without supervision, and the kind of neighborhood where they can play in the street. We know South Beach is exactly what we want, and we're moving in only 2 months, but we just haven't found our dream home yet! Also, we need great public schools, and a big yard for the kids to play in. We would also consider Ocean Dr."

Old 05-30-2014, 07:18 PM

6,118 posts, read 3,053,317 times
Quote:
We like the intersection of Collins and 5th St, right off the MacArthur Causeway - between the beach and the clubs, among all the highrises. Can anyone recommend a block that has single-family homes and a very family-friendly
atmosphere?
Well, are you looking for a cannibal-free neighborhood, or is price more important?

Old 05-31-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Well, are you looking for a cannibal-free neighborhood, or is price more important?
I think the more important aspect of that thread was that the cannibals be family-friendly.

You know, like South Beach in general is family-friendly, with that very suburban feel.

As long as everybody can play together in the "big back yard" I guess it's all good...?

Old 05-31-2014, 03:19 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,035,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
"I really need a change in my life.... im a 22 y/o single mother of three and have no job..... or money, but i wanna live somewhere by the beach. The warm weather and palm trees will totes make my life like way better than it is here in Ohio.....did I mention I need section 8?.....any recommendations appreciated!"
^This guy nailed it.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:27 PM

6,118 posts, read 3,053,317 times
I guess what bugs me the most is the tendency of the thread titles to be worded in a way that places the onus upon us, a group of total strangers, to make a major life decision for the poster, another total stranger: "Tell Me Where I Should Live", and its million variants. In most cases I know that's not their intention, but all I have to go on is what they write.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:51 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,916,981 times
Well - we moved to Florida a year ago - even after reading the very negative posts - I wanted to be near the beaches, love the hot weather and slow pace of life - I do not regret it one bit - my husband has a good job - fairly secure because no matter where you live no job is secure anymore - so far we love it - but we researched a lot - cost of living, cost of homes, homeowners insurance, flood insurance if needed, high electric bills, high taxes on a home (though nowhere near as high as some areas) - not as cheap to live here as most people think. $400 bucks to register a car - people really need to think about what they are doing - and NEVER come down here without a job secured or you will be very sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or