U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:18 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,642,977 times

Advertisements

Is Tampa and Miami not unlike other parts of Florida?

Some observation I have noticed.

1.More crime in Tampa and Miami than any other city in Florida.

2 Less cookie cutter subdivisions and more grid system and older city feel.

Tampa and Miami overrated!! That face it , other cities in Florida look too suburb like.

Less African American blacks other than some parts of Miami.No idea why African American blacks hate moving there.

3.People dress up more. Well despite the stereotypical image Florida very casual.

Tampa tight clothing ,fitted shirt ,polo shirt ,striped shirt ,nice shirt ,nice jeans. More preppy and dress up casual.

Miami ghetto look or dress up no between !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 06:25 AM

21,108 posts, read 30,182,585 times
Clearly you haven't visited Orlando....

Old 06-02-2014, 01:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 7,268,569 times
first of all............ what?

secondly, Miami and Tampa are 2 vastly different cities. One cannot say if one city dresses up more or not, it completely depends on the individual and the context of their outing....

Old 06-02-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Clearly you haven't visited Orlando....
People in Orlando dress more casual than people in Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
first of all............ what?

secondly, Miami and Tampa are 2 vastly different cities. One cannot say if one city dresses up more or not, it completely depends on the individual and the context of their outing....
I was just saying that Miami is sorta of like Dallas it is fashion oriented city being expensive name brand clothes and flashy clothes.More people dress up and fashion oriented than on other hand has other group dress down ghetto.No in between.

Well Fort Worth is like other cities in Forida like Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.

Just saying Miami is sorta of like Dallas malls ,restaurants ,bars ,night clubs ,fast food,diners and down town that people get all dressed up.Not like Fort Lauderdale ,Palm Beach or Fort Worth that more casual.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:55 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,212,042 times
Most sharp dressers in these areas are average income earners, trying to look the part for whatever reason. People trying to act and dress rich and successful, I've never seen it so much as in FL. I don't understand it, I wear flip flops shorts and a tee shirt everywhere.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Most sharp dressers in these areas are average income earners, trying to look the part for whatever reason. People trying to act and dress rich and successful, I've never seen it so much as in FL. I don't understand it, I wear flip flops shorts and a tee shirt everywhere.

no , average low income or average income in Fort Lauderdale or Palm Beach dress very casual.

Well Miami or Dallas more dress up unless you in the ghetto.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:01 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,212,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
no , average low income or average income in Fort Lauderdale or Palm Beach dress very casual.

Well Miami or Dallas more dress up unless you in the ghetto.

They may dress the part, but my point is most are avg income earners trying to look the part.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
They may dress the part, but my point is most are avg income earners trying to look the part.
Say again? What are you trying to say?

Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,813,113 times
Sweat209's observations always make me .

Old 06-02-2014, 10:12 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,035,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
People in Orlando dress more casual than people in Tampa.

I was just saying that Miami is sorta of like Dallas it is fashion oriented city being expensive name brand clothes and flashy clothes.More people dress up and fashion oriented than on other hand has other group dress down ghetto.No in between.

Well Fort Worth is like other cities in Forida like Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.

Just saying Miami is sorta of like Dallas malls ,restaurants ,bars ,night clubs ,fast food,diners and down town that people get all dressed up.Not like Fort Lauderdale ,Palm Beach or Fort Worth that more casual.
Haha, Miami is nothing like Dallas.

Most folks in the Dallas area are educated, career-oriented professionals. There's no Plano/Allen/McKinney/Frisco/The Colony equivalent in Miami or even South Florida, for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or