U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:15 AM

1,572 posts, read 3,678,679 times

Advertisements

No doubt they are putting this one on the ballot to try and bring out the conservative vote in 2008. It worked so well for other states in 2004. Bashing gays for political gain never goes out of style for some people.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 AM

17 posts, read 36,212 times
I agree. We should be more open to freedom. Heck, open it up a bit and let the beastiallity guy next door date your dog. Or maybe the pedophile across the street go out with your daughter. Shoot, let uncle Bill move in and start incestuous relations with your kids. I mean, why not? If we are going to allow "freedom", then don't just stop with one set of perverts. You folks are absolutely right, but don't hold back, allow "freedom" to run free, and quit being so "conservative".

Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 AM

944 posts, read 3,532,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-ex View Post
I agree. We should be more open to freedom. Heck, open it up a bit and let the beastiallity guy next door date your dog. Or maybe the pedophile across the street go out with your daughter. Shoot, let uncle Bill move in and start incestuous relations with your kids. I mean, why not? If we are going to allow "freedom", then don't just stop with one set of perverts. You folks are absolutely right, but don't hold back, allow "freedom" to run free, and quit being so "conservative".
This type of argument does not survive the test of time. You need to realize the people that continue to contribute to this board are mostly clear thinkers and recognize the fallacy of this argument. Don't be hyperbolic and perhaps your message will have an impact and you won't be wasting our time or yours.

You could say something like, "I support a gay marriage ban despite the other problems facing the state." Instead you extrapolated absurdities that precisely 0% of the previous posters alluded to.

I hope that at some point, in consideration of the real misery and suffering in the world, we can accept any form of mutual love. Why do people get upset when others find happiness and a person to share life's joys with?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:43 AM

6,853 posts, read 19,759,093 times
These religious conservatives are the same people that wanted segregation years ago to stay in place. They were scared of African Americans then. They are now doing the same thing to the gay community. Its all because they are scared of something again, what I don't know. The gay community are American citizens that deserve the same rights as straight Americans.

Something stinks if this amendment makes it on to the ballot. I agree also that there are way more important issues to deal with than Gay marriage.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
This type of argument does not survive the test of time. You need to realize the people that continue to contribute to this board are mostly clear thinkers and recognize the fallacy of this argument. Don't be hyperbolic and perhaps your message will have an impact and you won't be wasting our time or yours.

You could say something like, "I support a gay marriage ban despite the other problems facing the state." Instead you extrapolated absurdities that precisely 0% of the previous posters alluded to.

I hope that at some point, in consideration of the real misery and suffering in the world, we can accept any form of mutual love. Why do people get upset when others find happiness and a person to share life's joys with?
*No, Sodom and Gomorrah did not survive the test of time.
*Clear thinkers do not get their minds clouded by political correctness and sin.
*I did not extrapolate; personal sexual choice is personal sexual choice, no matter how perverse it is.
*If you can "accept any form of mutual love", then you have no problem with the other perverted lifestyles I listed.
*Who is upset? Let me state it for your record: "I support a gay marriage ban despite the other problems facing the state."

Old 12-15-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
These religious conservatives are the same people that wanted segregation years ago to stay in place. They were scared of African Americans then. They are now doing the same thing to the gay community. Its all because they are scared of something again, what I don't know. The gay community are American citizens that deserve the same rights as straight Americans.

Something stinks if this amendment makes it on to the ballot. I agree also that there are way more important issues to deal with than Gay marriage.
Hmmm... last I recall, the reverend Martin Luther King was a .... reverend. Nope, not the Christians that wanted segregation. More black churches around than ever before, last I counted.
Oh, and there is a difference between being black and being *****; one you are born as and have no choice, the other you choose and can change.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 AM

944 posts, read 3,532,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-ex View Post
*I did not extrapolate; personal sexual choice is personal sexual choice, no matter how perverse it is.
*If you can "accept any form of mutual love", then you have no problem with the other perverted lifestyles I listed.
Gay marriage and whom one has sex with are two separate issues (I'm guessing that this will be difficult for you to understand). I have a problem with all of the other lifestyles you listed as well, too, since they are not between mutually consenting adults (I will guess again that this will be too difficult for you to understand).

I'm not challenging your beliefs. I am telling you your definition of gay marriage assumes "gay" means "sex" and that that is not correct. I have no idea how you've come to the conclusion that approval of same-sex marriage equates to approval of the other forms of illegal sexual activity you listed.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,254,365 times
Great, the conservatives get blamed for pushing what they believe in it is wrong, but then the lefty inmoral side wants something they will do whatever it takes to get what they want ( and I mean anything ) and that is ok?

There is no difference in being a far right christian conservative then being a far left inmoral non believer, they are both too far to one side or the other.

Some people do not realize you can be a christian conservative and not be what the libs call overboard religous.

For me I do not believer in gay marriage at all but believe what you do in your own house is up to you, but I do not and will not cast a vote to allow this to happen ever. And I am not a freak religous person at all, but I am a christain who believes that a marriage is between a man and a woman.

Has anyone notice this is all on purpose? The libs and the rep want us all seperated, they are doing whatever it takes to make us seperate on all the issues, the country is becoming more and more divided and it has been done on purpose to make us all weaker.

United we win, divided we fall and the politicans all now that. Libs are a governmental control group, they want the government to control your life while the rep want less government. Both sides want us to divided so they can control us as a group.

It is scary to think in todays world you are seperated by how you vote and which side you belong.

Most of my issues are on the right side but I do occasionally lean to the left side a bit on certain issues. I am not going to allow politicians to tell me how to think. If the rep side does something I do not like I will vote left on those issues.

And no the Christians were not the ones who wanted segregation, please stop blaming Christians for every issue you think is wrong, there are Christians on both sides of the aisle. You wouldn't like it if I started blaming non christains for all the worlds problems either !

For instance I was at a local bank and the man in front of me was complaining about how is paycheck was went down, he said the Bush Clan is taking away his paycheck more and more everyday and that the rich dont pay the taxes we do.
I promptly corrected him and told him that the Bush tax cuts gave you more money in your paycheck and the rich pay around 85% of ALL taxes paid into the government. I asked him why is paycheck is getting smaller are you working less hours, he said no. He looked at his paystubs and said ohhhh I see now, my bonus is going down.
But he has been trained to blame Bush and the conservative for taking more out of his paycheck when in fact it was his company who was taking more bonus money from him. I also let him know that I believe your taxes will rise in time as the controlling party in the house and senate want to repeal the current tax cuts.

Just a very poorly informed person who has been taken advantage of just because he does not know how to look into the correct info. One side of the aisle banks on this buy to vote for them and they want him to remain uninformed so they can control his life with information.

We are all in deep doo doo and it is not getting better, think about my idea of what is happening, we are becoming more seperated on every single issue in the country and I believe it is done on purpose so we are as a group weaker.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:57 PM

So now you have to question my being able to understand? Understand, or agree?
There are many men that I love; my brothers, my Dad, my friends. However, I don't have any need to marry them. So why not? Because there is a difference between love of a brother and love for a spouse. Please don't play games on this.
As for the mutual consenting adults argument, I already covered incest.
Point is, law and justice are two different things. Just because something is law, does not mean it is just. There are many a criminal walking the streets because they are within the law, but does that mean it is just? Making ***** marriage legal does not make it just.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 PM

548 posts, read 389,849 times
Lets solve climate change, the crumbling US infrastructure, the historic levels of government and personal debt, the health care crisis, cancer, AIDS, the impending social security shortfall, the energy situation, the middle east, the 60% of first heterosexual marriages ending in divorce, the clean water shortage, world hunger, the crumbling US public school system....and about 1000 other major problems.

Once we do all that, we can then bother to waste one second worrying whether gay people can get married or not. You could ban gay marriage tomorrow and it would not make one little bit of difference. It is the most worthless, waste of time, non issue ever thought up by the nuts in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida