Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 06:46 AM

73 posts, read 107,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I thought that you had moved to the east coast but I see your location says Sarasota.
That explains it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:26 AM

24 posts, read 47,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I'm glad that you're still happy. I knew you would be. Your user name is so Positive and upbeat that you had to be! We're coming up on 6 years here (how did that happen?) and we're still thrilled to be here. Moving here was one of the best decisions that we made.
We are planning to relocate from the north east to Florida and have read many negative posts. It's nice to see positive comments . Sheppie2000, after six years you seem to have proven the nay sayers wrong about Palm Coast. Encouraging to hear that as Palm Coast is where we are moving to as soon as the house is built.

Thumbs up to all who have made the transition successful no matter where in Florida you may be . I haven"t found many places in Florida that are hard to take. Hope to read more positives about Florida in the future .:

Old 06-18-2014, 09:01 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Florida quest, Tropicaldreams and I both live here and love it. I'm not sure who else is here. It's not for everyone, especially young people who want to go clubbing all the time, but I think there's plenty to do for families and retirees. I think it's pretty laid back, but it feels like we are on the go all the time. My kids (9 and 13 yrs) are always busy with school/scouts/church activities. My husband has gotten involved in community theater here and in Daytona. I'm mostly working, chauffeuring the kids, gardening, and riding my bike on the many bike paths. My parents are here too and they are very busy for octogenarians, involved in many organizations. There are clubs for every interest here, lots of parks and preserves and never-ending beach. I don't know what your situation is, but I hope that Palm Coast will be a perfect fit for you.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Life in Florida is what you make of it. You can enjoy it or hate it. Those that hate it need to rectify that problem as soon as possible. There are so many things to take advantage of here.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaker13 View Post
That explains it!
?

Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 PM

20 posts, read 42,063 times
I've lived here for 5.5 years, and I still feel like I'm on a permanent vacation. I often have to stop and think what month or season it is (although the heat of the summer make that less difficult). I'm originally from Philadelphia, then Milwaukee. I loved the snow and cold when I had little kids, but when I hit the 50's, I definitely grew tired of the cold, the snow, and all that work. I just about flipped out when I opened my first paycheck here, too...lovin' the no state income tax thing! I yearned to be at the beach when I was younger, and now I'm living and loving it!!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:28 AM

103 posts, read 230,584 times
It is nice to see positive posts! I'm a Florida native so this is home to me and I'm thrilled to be back after living in CT for 24 years. We made the move last August and are very happy. Love the area where we live, being close to family, and the laid back vibe of life down here compared to where we moved from. My kids are still adjusting (they're city kids) but they like their school, have made friends, are very involved with sports and love having a pool! Not to mention the perk of living in the same state with so many awesome theme parks.

Glad to hear everyone's success stories!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 AM

12 posts, read 25,703 times
Hey ... hey ..... as a native cracker and descendant of a Florida Pioneer ... I can tell you that Florida is a terrible place. I would never recommend anyone from out of state move to Florida - lousy beaches, bugs, humidity, heat, crime, too many tourists and snowbirds, no cultural activities ... ergo too many of us uncouth crackers, too close to Georgia (we all know why the St Johns River flows north, don't we), rising oceans will flood the state in a few years (global climate change), etc.

I think a decision to move to Florida is simply a horrible decision.

;^)

BTW ... wife and I are in the process of moving from Gainesville to Palm Coast Plantation. Can't wait for house to be completed!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaterz3 View Post
Hey ... hey ..... as a native cracker and descendant of a Florida Pioneer ... I can tell you that Florida is a terrible place. I would never recommend anyone from out of state move to Florida - lousy beaches, bugs, humidity, heat, crime, too many tourists and snowbirds, no cultural activities ... ergo too many of us uncouth crackers, too close to Georgia (we all know why the St Johns River flows north, don't we), rising oceans will flood the state in a few years (global climate change), etc.

;^)

BTW ... wife and I are in the process of moving from Gainesville to Palm Coast Plantation. Can't wait for house to be completed!

Congrats on your new home.

Watch out for those rat sized red ants, they bite really hard.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Yep. Down right unlivable. People would have to have a screw or two loose if they decide to move here.
I am a few miles inland from the Gulf. I'm expecting to have Gulf front property when the water comes up.

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaterz3 View Post

;^)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida