Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98stage2 View Post
What type of housing could I expect to buy for 150k where you live? I'm mostly interested in St. Aug, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Pensacola areas...generally speaking. Single housing preferably as I have a dog that likes to play outside and needs a fence.

I'm starting to explore a move down that way in the next year or so and am curious about what I can afford. Thanks in advance.

FYI: In Raleigh I have 1400 sq ft., .9 acres fenced

Do not move to Sarasota, it would cost you $150K to be in the ghetto, north of downtown & you'd have hookers & dealers on the corner, next to your 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage with no garage or yard for a dog...

In Lauderdale, you might be able to buy a 1/1 apartment.

In St. Aug, not sure...

Prices are not "that" low yet...in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 12:19 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
What do you mean, "crack house"? According to the description, it's a "beautiful home".

That "crack" house looks much better than most of Bradenton's crack houses...I'll have to bring some photos in tomorrow of the real deal....

Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
That "crack" house looks much better than most of Bradenton's crack houses...I'll have to bring some photos in tomorrow of the real deal....
The real deal is right here in Palm Beach County, I have actual photographs of the most run down buildings you've ever seen... with actual people living in them!

However, I'm sure Fort Lauderdale has much worse to offer than that picture.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
The real deal is right here in Palm Beach County, I have actual photographs of the most run down buildings you've ever seen... with actual people living in them!

However, I'm sure Fort Lauderdale has much worse to offer than that picture.
Oh definitely. It's off of Sistrunk though, pretty ghetto as far as Broward goes. Go a little further west and I assure you there are crack hoses that can rival a good PBC ghetto. Maybe not exceed, but certainly rival.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:16 PM

37 posts, read 134,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Well, look for yourself and be the judge
Oh my goodness, that was so funny, it is like a crackhouse!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I just previewed a home this afternoon for someone from Canada. It is in move in condition, almost 1700 square feet under air, built in 2003, new appliances, fenced yard, decorative lighting, 3 French doors to large lanai, plant shelves, large garden tub and walk in shower, lots of tile, neutral colors, window treatments.

The builder is the same person that built my home (very good builder). Great neighborhood a few streets from where my partner lives. It is a bank foreclosure. The asking price is several thousand dollars under $150,000. My customer has not seen the home and put in an offer today all cash and closing a few days after Christmas. I expect it to close in the mid 120's. It's a great deal but there are tons of them out there!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateandmusic View Post
Oh my goodness, that was so funny, it is like a crackhouse!
That two bedroom in Weston is actually a pretty nice buy, very nice area, looks like it just needs some patchwork. See what I mean by the market being kind of "messed up"? It's all over the place right now because of the price correction taking place. It's like "hmm,800 square foot crackhouse off of Sistrunk in Lauderdale, or 1200 square foot condo in Weston?". I wonder what TALLRICK would pick .

Old 12-18-2007, 04:40 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That two bedroom in Weston is actually a pretty nice buy, very nice area. See what I mean by the market being kind of "messed up"? It's all over the place right now because of the price correction taking place. It's like "hmm,800 square foot crackhouse off of Sistrunk in Lauderdale, or 1200 square foot condo in Weston?". I wonder what TALLRICK would pick .
If it comes painted in blue, the crack house.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Love it!!

It appears to be fully furnished too......!

Rep points for making me chuckle Tallrick!
Oh yes, it's "FULLY loaded"!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM

36 posts, read 143,917 times
Default reality

One wall -- and needs some work from a handyman and about $300k more to make it livable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida