U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:40 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,747,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I agree that dade has more to offer then orange at the moment who knows give it some time and orange might be for the better.

What about duval county? erase that one maybe?
Duval is still affordable .

I agree about Orange. Give every place some time, and places get unique in a process, sometimes they hit rock bottom (Miami in the "Crack den" era? Fort Lauderdale in the 90s when it started shriveling? New York in the 70s and 80s?) to get there though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 06:45 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,469,476 times
Other times they just keep getting worse and worse.

Really I can't think of anywhere I'd want to live in Orange County. South Fla gets a lot of flack but I can think of places I'd like to live in all three counties.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:48 AM

177 posts, read 204,635 times
I am so saddened to see all parts of this USA's landsites being ripped up and replaced by shopping malls and housing communities.A housing slump has stopped some of this distruction.
Yes,we have bought a new home but I would rather give it up if I could see the land replaced.
Florida has such beautiful wildlife.Hope that doesn't turn into HAD!

Old 12-23-2007, 06:10 AM

29 posts, read 88,308 times
I only know south florida but I can't say a whole county would be erased. I'd probably erase Miami Beach and any popular northernized tourist trap near by.
Bal Harbor and similiar communities as well.

None wrong with Dade, it's the upscale communities that cause the problems.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:28 AM

45 posts, read 133,030 times
I would do away with Manatee county-bad crime, a lot of drugs.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 PM

37 posts, read 122,312 times
Erase Duval?? ERASE DUVAL?? Duval is soo pretty! Have any of y'all been to mandarin or beauclerc there?? Jacksonville is like one of the best counties in florida in my opinion! But yeah I think Orange county will turn out OK too... I mean there are plenty of rural areas in Florida to go around....If you think about it, with the exception of Miami, Naples, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville, the rest of florida is still rural/semi-rural and more aligned with the whole Florida culture...Even tallahassee and gainseville are like that...So I'd say, if not dade, then we could just do away with an unimportant part like glades county...

Old 12-30-2007, 07:09 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,469,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateandmusic View Post
Erase Duval?? ERASE DUVAL?? Duval is soo pretty! Have any of y'all been to mandarin or beauclerc there?? Jacksonville is like one of the best counties in florida in my opinion! But yeah I think Orange county will turn out OK too... I mean there are plenty of rural areas in Florida to go around....If you think about it, with the exception of Miami, Naples, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville, the rest of florida is still rural/semi-rural and more aligned with the whole Florida culture...Even tallahassee and gainseville are like that...So I'd say, if not dade, then we could just do away with an unimportant part like glades county...
I agree. Broward and Palm Beach counties are totally rural.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:27 PM

37 posts, read 122,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
I agree. Broward and Palm Beach counties are totally rural.
lol! Well yeah Palm beach county is....With the exception of the coastal areas like Boca and west palm beach, but the rest is like sugar cane land. But broward is really southflorida-y already...lol so yeah but really the rest of florida is...

Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 AM

6 posts, read 23,534 times
Ooooooo, my turn, my turn!!!

I would 150% agree to erasing Dade County! I was born and raised in Dade County and in later years moved to Broward. It is such a shame that this County has become the way it has. The mass amount of people that have come to Dade have all brought their "ways of life" with them. Ugh! I was always confused why this happened?!? Didn't people come here to escape those ways of life? And wouldn't you think they would be greatful to live here and not be so pushy to "have it their way?" Sorry, but I am angry that it has been over-run...can't even go back home anymore!

Awful...

Thanks for the thread and the ability to vent!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 7,758 times
Id Erase Broward.there Is Hardly Anything To Do There.palm Beach County Is Rural Like The Palm Beaches,lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, & Boca. The Rest Like Belle Glade, Pahokee, South Bay, Etc. Are Pretty Much Country.only Thing Entertaining N The County Is West Palm, Like City Place And Boca Raton..lol.dade Has South Beach And Everything And Orlando's Orange County Is Rapidly Growing And Is Still Building Entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or