U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2006, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Navarre, Florida
316 posts, read 22,218 times
Reputation: 86

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Fort Walton Beach in three weeks because of a job transfer. We are moving from Louisiana (which we have never liked...many reasons) and actually took a pay cut to be in the FWB area. We will be renting for a while, but I was wondering if I could get an idea of approximately how much we will be paying for our utilities? Would someone please be able to help me out regarding this? The house is about 1500 square feet. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2006, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
75 posts, read 237,834 times
Reputation: 31
I can't answer, but I wanted to say congratulations for moving to a really nice part of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2006, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Navarre, Florida
316 posts, read 22,218 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimSlade View Post
I can't answer, but I wanted to say congratulations for moving to a really nice part of the state.
Thank you...we are truly looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2006, 05:09 PM
 
Location: on an island
13,328 posts, read 30,013,104 times
Reputation: 12671
Kimbercuddles
I have emailed/PM'd you some info.
Welcome to one of the most beautiful spots in northwest Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Just a few miles outside of St. Louis
1,921 posts, read 3,873,694 times
Reputation: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
My husband and I are moving to Fort Walton Beach in three weeks because of a job transfer. We are moving from Louisiana (which we have never liked...many reasons) and actually took a pay cut to be in the FWB area. We will be renting for a while, but I was wondering if I could get an idea of approximately how much we will be paying for our utilities? Would someone please be able to help me out regarding this? The house is about 1500 square feet. Thanks!
Hi, welcome to the area. I live in Navarre, and we built our house in 1989. It's a wood frame house, about 1,500 square feet, (so far, it's withstood everything thrown at it, including "Ivan", as I cross my fingers, knock on wood...). Anyway, my current electric bill is about $142, (it's an all-electric house), and my water usually is about $15, average. A lot will depend on the age of your house, (insulation, etc. We could probably do with more of that, after all this time), whether you will run air conditioning very much, (and, whether you have little people running in and out through the door and dogs that just have to go to the backyard at different times... ). We have our own septic system, so can't help you there, if you are going to be on the city system. I don't know if that will help you much, since you're going to be in FWB, but, perhaps it will give you some idea. Again, welcome to the "neighborhood"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2006, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,701 posts, read 17,286,449 times
Reputation: 2851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
My husband and I are moving to Fort Walton Beach in three weeks because of a job transfer. We are moving from Louisiana (which we have never liked...many reasons) and actually took a pay cut to be in the FWB area. We will be renting for a while, but I was wondering if I could get an idea of approximately how much we will be paying for our utilities? Would someone please be able to help me out regarding this? The house is about 1500 square feet. Thanks!

Welcome to FWB

We lived in Navarre and our house is 1820 SF, build in 1998, our electrical bill is around $200.00 (no gas) and water about $60 (city sewer). Also remember that you have to pay for garbage service about $55 - $60 per month.

Your utilities are based on your use, contact Florida Power and get their monitoring system, this will reduce your monthly bill by 15% to 20% cost is about $5 per month. If you have a septic tank the water cost will be not greater than $20.00. If you have further question PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Just a few miles outside of St. Louis
1,921 posts, read 3,873,694 times
Reputation: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Welcome to FWB

We lived in Navarre and our house is 1820 SF, build in 1998, our electrical bill is around $200.00 (no gas) and water about $60 (city sewer). Also remember that you have to pay for garbage service about $55 - $60 per month.

Your utilities are based on your use, contact Florida Power and get their monitoring system, this will reduce your monthly bill by 15% to 20% cost is about $5 per month. If you have a septic tank the water cost will be not greater than $20.00. If you have further question PM.
Good heavens, Sunrico! $55- $60 per month for garbage service?! That's what I pay every three months, (actually, about $64)! Or, is that the going rate for FWB, itself? Good idea to remind her about the garbage service, though. I forgot about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2006, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,701 posts, read 17,286,449 times
Reputation: 2851
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Good heavens, Sunrico! $55- $60 per month for garbage service?! That's what I pay every three months, (actually, about $64)! Or, is that the going rate for FWB, itself? Good idea to remind her about the garbage service, though. I forgot about it.

My bad is 3 months. Good catch CelticLady1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2006, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Navarre, Florida
316 posts, read 22,218 times
Reputation: 86
Thank you all so very much...we actually found a house to rent for a very reasonable amount and will be living in Navarre. We cannot wait to get out of Baton Rouge! I never realized that there was a place on Earth as beautiful as the Fort Walton Beach/Navarre area...it truly is Heaven on Earth!! I'm also looking forward to friendlier people...I am already very impressed. Thank you, again, the information helped us tremendously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2006, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Living in Paradise
5,701 posts, read 17,286,449 times
Reputation: 2851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Thank you all so very much...we actually found a house to rent for a very reasonable amount and will be living in Navarre. We cannot wait to get out of Baton Rouge! I never realized that there was a place on Earth as beautiful as the Fort Walton Beach/Navarre area...it truly is Heaven on Earth!! I'm also looking forward to friendlier people...I am already very impressed. Thank you, again, the information helped us tremendously!
Kimbercuddles,

What was the primary reason to move to Navarre?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top