U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:26 PM

22 posts, read 74,551 times

Advertisements

Apparently if someone doesn't agree with you, they mark you negative marks.

I wonder.. how does bad hospital care in FL not relate to community?
Amazing, absolutely amazing.

That's what I get for being new.. according to the rules though, they were in the wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2006, 06:07 PM

944 posts, read 3,538,602 times
m.boogie, don't worry about it too much. I searched your posts and they are informative. The are some people on this board that live in La La Land.

I would suspect that most people considering a move to Florida would want to hear both sides. If you look at other forums here, many have no negative comments at all. Oops, I mean that there are people that don't have many negative things to say about where they live. Part of due diligence is investigating and comparing every option.

Many of the "negative" attributes regarding Florida are not opinion, and are actual, verifiable fact.

There are some old stooges here that can't handle the fact the Florida is swirling down the tubes. It will in time undoubtedly recover, but until then there is going to be some real pain and some big problems. People considering a move to Florida need to know this.

Keep posting. Your comments are welcome here even if other people think they're "negative." Welcome to the club.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:11 PM

75 posts, read 307,855 times
Rep points for boogie!

Old 10-29-2006, 07:53 PM

3,339 posts, read 12,658,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.boogie View Post
Apparently if someone doesn't agree with you, they mark you negative marks.

I wonder.. how does bad hospital care in FL not relate to community?
Amazing, absolutely amazing.

That's what I get for being new.. according to the rules though, they were in the wrong.
Let me tell you. You may get a warning by telling the truth here. I know it first hand.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:05 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,070,659 times
M Boogie, if you feel you got a negative rep point by some one who just didn't agree with your opinion and you have abided by the rules, no bad language, racist remarks, no advertising, etc. please feel free to PM a moderator or administrator, those can be fixed if they are deemed unfair. Please continue to post, it IS appreciated and read.

exhdo1, I have to disagree with you there if you are speaking of the rules on this forum. We do not give "warnings" for posting facts. We can not however, for obvious reasons, leave posts that are copy written, such as some newspaper articles, clips from books etc. But you are more than welcome to give the link to the site where you find you info as long as it is not a competing or advertising site. We only give warnings if what is posted is offensive, a personal attack against another member, racist or advertising.
Again, if you feel you got a warning unfairly, please feel free to PM a moderator or administrator.
We try very had to keep this an open, informative forum where people looking to find out more about a state. city or town.
Thanks to all for your continued posting!

Old 10-29-2006, 09:12 PM

284 posts, read 1,001,869 times
You're marked now.
Shame on you! They didn't REALLY mean honesty or facts, just stroke their egos a bit and leave quietly!
You rock in my book!

Old 10-29-2006, 09:35 PM

598 posts, read 2,037,912 times
m.boogie, sorry you had a bad experience here, unfortunately it seems to be part of the territory on the FL forum. Some other forums on here I've noticed don't seem to have the nasty comments and "anonamous" attacks in your "rep" as is way too common here. Other forums are more civilized in their debates... I got a really nasty one after posting a link to a scientific report from NASA regarding the global warming topic! It seems that any time you speak from a different point of view than some people, you get negatives and rude comments. lol I guess people can't just discuss something in the FL forum without getting overly emotional about it I really wish the rep thing would go away... it's not much more than a way for people to be nasty to you without any accountability.

Please just try to ignore these boneheads and continue posting. Everyone's opinions and experiences are valueable and remember that what you have to share is being read by many (who never post) who will "get" what you're saying and use that to help them make a decision in moving their family to a new place. Don't worry about it Oh and welcome aboard!

Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 AM

2,909 posts, read 12,997,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
But you are more than welcome to give the link to the site where you find you info as long as it is not a competing or advertising site.

Have links been allowed again? One of the mods PMed me a couple weeks ago saying dont post links again, they will be edited out. I see other people's links edited out.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:21 AM

1,418 posts, read 9,373,596 times
I wouldn't worry too much about "points". I know that I am usually pretty positive about Florida, but never get involved in the rating game. If someone posts a negative comment about Florida, so be it. But, if the comment is way off base, then I will respond in kind and point out where the person seems to have some kind of objective. I don't believe in leaving negative points for a comment, or trying to get people banned because you don't like their opinions.

Some people get on this board just to groan about their problems, or just to give people a negative impression, not discussing their own experiences, but just regurgitating stats and articles written by others. To me, that's not what these boards are about. Others just want to beat up on Florida, because they are infatuated with the state they just moved to. That's not discussing Florida, that's just trying to justify your move.

Now, if someone reports that they tried to get a job in South Florida but were turned down by numerous places because they don't speak spanish, then that is, in my opinion, a legitimate negative comment. If someone lost their house in a hurricane, or suffered sever damage - then that's a story worth hearing. If someone was a victim of crime and wants to discuss the details of that incident, that's relevant information. If someone wants to discuss the heat, humidity, mosquitoes, traffic, etc. that they experienced, have at it, I'd like to hear these comments too.

Last edited by Prichard; 10-30-2006 at 07:36 AM..

Old 10-30-2006, 09:03 AM

1,305 posts, read 5,029,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Have links been allowed again? One of the mods PMed me a couple weeks ago saying dont post links again, they will be edited out. I see other people's links edited out.
Links that are business or profit related, or point to a site that competes with this site, will be edited out. Links that a moderator thinks might be one of the above will be edited out; they don't have time to follow all of the links and check them to see if they're appropriate. That might seem unfair to you, but there are only a few moderators and something like 1,200 posts per day to check -- checking out the links on top of that would be nearly impossible.

All links are technically disabled, they are not "clickable" the way they could be. Instead, in order to check one of the legitimate links that survive the moderators, one has to copy the link (without the url tags at the beginning and end) and paste them in the address bar (or laboriously type out the entire link in the address bar).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or