Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 05:43 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,626,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslozhir View Post
Since we came to States , it was 1992 , we had moved nine times .
We have lost sense of home and , I must tell you , this is an unpleasant
feeling . This one will be our tenth time . We decided to settle down
and this is our time . Finally we will have place that we may call a Home ...
Home , sweet home ...

Again , thanks to everyone for congratulations and good wishes .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and to your families
Welcome and Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 06:02 PM

18,031 posts, read 11,689,157 times
Wonderful news especially at Christmas time! Congrats to you and your family!
Do plant a baby tree as in "planting roots" to new home!

Old 12-23-2007, 06:50 PM

34 posts, read 70,873 times
Thanks ! Thanks !

We plan to create a tropical garden and build a swimming pool in
near future ; it'll be a great addition to lake and golf .

And yes , first thing we'll do - we'll plant a cactus

I have always dreamt to have a huge cactus

Old 12-24-2007, 01:36 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,041,268 times
You might try growing a Christmas cactus. I saw one in Orlando that was as tall as a house!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:57 AM

374 posts, read 978,407 times
Wow! 2.5% hurricane deductable. What happened to the 1% I used to have? It is a good price though. I have friends in P'cola paying over $5k for homeowners now.

Congrats on the house! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 02:16 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,323,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maslozhir View Post
Ye-s-s-s !!!! I bought a House !!!
And it's will be my Home for years and years !!!!
3/2/2 , 2000 sq.f. with tile roof , on lake and golf in Boynton Beach .
I paid 245K ! It's 2003 price !!! Houses had been sold for 365K
in this development in 2005 ! I'm soooo happy and excited ! I'm staying here
and move no more !!! I love Florida !!!! It's definitely time to buy !
P.S. And I'm not a Realtor .
Congratulations to you!! You sound so happy and just know you'll enjoy life there.

Wow, someone should tell DH about how often people move. We still know some people who grew up on their family farm, took it over as adults and STILL live there and they're in their 60s. LOL

Old 12-24-2007, 07:57 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,186,895 times
LOL, Jammie. I know what you mean. DH and I lived in our first home for 22 years and have been in our second for the past 3 years. We have no plans to move until retirement which is probably 15 years away.

My parents are still in the home they built in 1962 and my sister still in the home she built 18 years ago. None of my friends 'trade' homes - all of them are in the homes they've lived in, loved and improved for many years. Now my friend's children are becoming adults, buying homes and settling down a few blocks from their family.

My son is saving for his first home now. I'm really excited that prices are lower so he can afford to buy on a single income. He will graduate in May and has already saved several thousand towards a home. He plans to live with us for a couple of years and save at least 60K towards a down payment. There are some really nice smaller homes in our community selling for around 260K he has his eye on. If predictions hold out, they may be about the same price or even a little less in 2 years when he is ready to purchase.

I know we live in what is known as a transient society - but I just don't see much of it in my circles here in Orlando.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:41 AM

467 posts, read 1,484,560 times
Welcome to Florida and enjoy your new home....This is a market to buy here in Florida
especially if you are coming from the North East and selling a home up there...If not it's
still a great time to buy...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Old 12-24-2007, 10:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,221,189 times
You've accomplished one the American Dreams - congrats again.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 PM

548 posts, read 535,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Patty View Post
Welcome to Florida and enjoy your new home....This is a market to buy here in Florida
especially if you are coming from the North East and selling a home up there...If not it's
still a great time to buy...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
It is a great time to rent and watch while prices drop further the next 2 years.

Read the housing bubble blogs, they have been correct for 4 years now, all the way up, and all the way down. It is time we start respecting and listening to the people who are on record with the correct information for the past 4 years. The posts on these blogs are time dated and one can easily see how accurate they were.

The real estate industry has posted false bottom after false bottom, false recovery after false recovery.

It is not a good time to buy yet at all. No offense to the OP....but I would bet that similar houses will be selling for under $200,000 in a year or so.

But like I said, if he is going to be there for 10 plus years, great. If he is happy no matter what he paid, great. But for most people, now is the time to rent and watch the fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida