Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When will the housing Bust end in FL?
By the end of this year 21 8.30%
Spring 2008 28 11.07%
Summer 2008 16 6.32%
Fall 2008 17 6.72%
Winter 2008 12 4.74%
Spring 2009 29 11.46%
Summer 2009 18 7.11%
Fall 2009 11 4.35%
Winter 2009 9 3.56%
Sometime in 2010 38 15.02%
Sometime in 2011 13 5.14%
Sometime in 2012 11 4.35%
2013 or later 30 11.86%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,184,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
I am your worst nightmare, a potential buyer who is educated, and waiting the market out like thousands of others.
actually realtors love people like you, it appears to me that you're in a bit of a bind, you need a house soon and you've procrastinated yourself into a box.
Now as zero hour gets closer and you can't find a house that suits your notions about pricing you will begin to act irrationally and you'll wind up buying the first cheap house you stumble upon
you're an easy mark

Old 07-16-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Why do threads like this always turn out the same, people arguing all the time. This thread contains very useful information, it's a shame...
people get very upset when their half baked concepts get shredded.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:32 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,486,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
like **** said
"you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you'll get what you need"

The reality is that you would like to move to the WPB area.

the question is are you willing to pay the price that the WPB area command?

It appears that homes in the WPB area are priced higher than your apparent price range.
Do you know that there are less desirable areas near WPB where you might be able to find a home in your price range but there will be trade offs that you'll have to accept.

Like it or not as a buyer you cannot force a seller to sell at a price that you like, if the seller wants to sell he'll lower his price to level where it will sell or he'll just carry the house until a buyer is willing to come closer to his price.

offering 200k on a house priced at 450k will rarely turn into a deal.

Good luck with your house hunt, good luck with your move and may all your dreams come true
No, the reality is we ARE moving to the WPB area. We have been overseas since 1999 and now we must return.

I am not going to force anyone to do anything, the market will do that itself. I have not said anything about offering 200K on a 450K price tag.

I don't even really care so much anymore about buying at this point. With the cheap rentals out there our expenses are going to be really low. My money is nicely collecting interest and there is no hurry for anything. We will sign a year lease and wait. We have all the time in the world.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 PM

48 posts, read 203,604 times
Quote:
Yes and the seller can ask anything he wishes, just one problem with that, guess what it is?
There isn't any problem. You might not like the house for the price, but somebody else might. If the seller determines that nobody likes the house for their asking price, they can lower the price, rent the home, stay in the home, or continue to sell it at their original price. The bottom line is that it's the seller's home and you shouldn't be mad at the seller because your prices aren't the same.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
No, the reality is we ARE moving to the WPB area. We have been overseas since 1999 and now we must return.

I am not going to force anyone to do anything, the market will do that itself. I have not said anything about offering 200K on a 450K price tag.

I don't even really care so much anymore about buying at this point. With the cheap rentals out there our expenses are going to be really low. My money is nicely collecting interest and there is no hurry for anything. We will sign a year lease and wait. We have all the time in the world.
looking forward to your return, please share with us what you find in the rental market in WPB

Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,486,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
actually realtors love people like you, it appears to me that you're in a bit of a bind, you need a house soon and you've procrastinated yourself into a box.
Now as zero hour gets closer and you can't find a house that suits your notions about pricing you will begin to act irrationally and you'll wind up buying the first cheap house you stumble upon
you're an easy mark
ROFLMAO, thats what you did!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
ROFLMAO, thats what you did!!!!!!!

do you mean the 6 months I spent looking and researching were for naught?

do you mean that house I bought that appraised 150k more than I spent is a bad buy? oh I paid for the appraisal, there was no puffing up the value to meet a mortgage need

do you mean that because the closest comps on the same street are being
offered at 350k more than I spent for a house with more sq footage was a bad buy?

do you mean that now instead of paying a landlords mortgage I am paying myself I made a mistake?

a good deal came along and I jumped on it, to me that isn't foolish, maybe to you it is but who elected you the arbiter of what is and isn't a good deal?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM

573 posts, read 2,433,913 times
Buyers vs Sellers: Could this be the next war?

It seems it's always the buyers vs sellers on this board. The funny thing is all you buyers will one day be sellers...will you have the same thought process as you do now? Won't you want to make a profit like all of us sellers? I would hope so. Real estate is an investment just like stocks and bonds.

When it's your turn to sell, you will be trying to make the most of your investment. That's life. I will never argue the fact that the market is slow...sellers do what they have to do, sometimes it means taking a loss.

There are more properties on the market so buyers can be more "picky", which is hard for both parties. The sellers on this board know what they want and so do the buyers.

I'm sure my post will be lost in the battlefield, but oh well. At least I took the time to post my thoughts. Good night and enjoy the debate : )

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 PM

48 posts, read 203,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Buyers vs Sellers: Could this be the next war?
It really depends on where you live. People living in areas that are depressed in Florida think this huge bubble is going to deflate everywhere in Florida and that every home is going to deflate by 50%. These people are scared to purchase a home because their home values might fall.

People living in areas of Florida that are stable but slow realize that real estate is local and the doom and gloom theory isn't going to affect every Florida city. Therefore, people in these areas don't have a problem buying a home (after doing research), because they know they can get a good value and lock into a good interest rate.

There will always be debates since neither group is going to change their views on real estate.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
You know what, forget it. I do not have to explain myself, go back and read my posts and find out the answers to your questions on why we didn't buy and why we have been living overseas since 1999.

You are obviously trying to get a rise out of me, and quite frankly, I am not interested. I must frustrate the he@@ out of you. I am your worst nightmare, a potential buyer who is educated, and waiting the market out like thousands of others. It must also be tough on you that Chief, FireMed, myself and others are talking on this board (that thousands read) about the real truth on what is going on out there. You are fighting a losing battle.

It's hard to make a living when your buyers are not buying.

Hey all of you silent lurkers, make sure you read www.thehousingbubbleblog.com this site gives you the real truth of what is happening in the USA housing bubble crash.
Actually you don't frustrate me at all.
You are not my worst nightmare because a quasibuyer like you, I call you a quasibuyer because you are not a real buyer, I would send down the road right away.

I thought this forum was here for an exchange of ideas but it seems you feel this is a battle. But by fighting me here you change nothing.

You make it seem as though nothing is selling when in fact they are still selling. They are just selling at a slower rate than over the last 2 years. The thing is they are still selling at a rate similar to 3 or 4 years ago which is close to a normal market.

Now let me assure you of one thing. I will make a living in an up market and I will make a living in a down market. I deal mostly with commercial and development properties, some residential here and there. Though that does seem like a rather personal attack on me and since you threatened earlier that if anyone posted any derogatory remarks towards you they would be reported to a moderator it also seems hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida