U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: When will the housing Bust end in FL?
By the end of this year 21 8.30%
Spring 2008 28 11.07%
Summer 2008 16 6.32%
Fall 2008 17 6.72%
Winter 2008 12 4.74%
Spring 2009 29 11.46%
Summer 2009 18 7.11%
Fall 2009 11 4.35%
Winter 2009 9 3.56%
Sometime in 2010 38 15.02%
Sometime in 2011 13 5.14%
Sometime in 2012 11 4.35%
2013 or later 30 11.86%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2007, 09:33 AM
SKB
 
Location: WPB
900 posts, read 3,159,847 times
Reputation: 321

Advertisements

On property tax records what does QC mean? It is listed under the deed area information.

 
Old 07-24-2007, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,488 posts, read 17,897,341 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
On property tax records what does QC mean? It is listed under the deed area information.
Quit Claim deed as opposed to Warranty Deed (WD)
 
Old 07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
SKB
 
Location: WPB
900 posts, read 3,159,847 times
Reputation: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Quit Claim deed as opposed to Warranty Deed (WD)
Thank you.

So this means the property title was transfered? If someone was selling a home why would they do this?

I saw a home that I like and it is for sale by a private contractor, I noticed that June 2007 he has a QC listed.

Wondering what that is all about.
 
Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,488 posts, read 17,897,341 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Thank you.

So this means the property title was transfered? If someone was selling a home why would they do this?

I saw a home that I like and it is for sale by a private contractor, I noticed that June 2007 he has a QC listed.

Wondering what that is all about.
It does mean it was transferred and could have been done for tax reasons for when it does sell. There are many reasons why they would have done it but most times does not signal anything out of the ordinary.
 
Old 07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Yac
 
5,923 posts, read 6,518,119 times
I just deleted 13 posts from this thread. Everybody calm down and stop with the personal attacks. Infractions have been issued.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
 
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
 
458 posts, read 453,888 times
Reputation: 136
The predictions for a recovery seem to be getting further into the future every month.

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Countrywide Financial Corp. Chief Executive Angelo Mozilo said the U.S. housing market is unlikely to recover before 2009, as lenders and homeowners work through oversupply, stagnating home prices and the excesses of recent lax lending standards in much of the mortgage industry.

"It just takes a long time to turn a battleship around," Mozilo said on a conference call discussing quarterly results for Countrywide, the largest U.S. mortgage lender. "This is a huge battleship, and we're headed in the wrong direction."

Calling it "a gut feeling," Mozilo said, "It's going to take the balance of this year to get this thing to look like it's slowing down (and) 2009 to head into the other direction."
 
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
 
553 posts, read 1,760,865 times
Reputation: 104
News flash intrest rates are climbing! So that means any houses that dropped in the last year you are probably losing a good chunk of those sayvings if you dont buy cash, so for all of you waiting for the houses to drop even more think about this if you need a mortgage you very well could wind up paying more monthly. And I am not a real estate agent I am a mortgage broker,I personally will make money either way and people are refinancing to get out of arms so I have no reason to steer anyone into buying homes,just be carefull how long you wait you could just be helping the folks with cash by holding out and driving the prices down. I know people say if rates go up prices will drop but they will not drop to the levels people think, eventually you will be paying more monthly because of rates. and if rates go down prices will go up also. crazy
 
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Southeast Cape Coral
93 posts, read 260,427 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
News flash intrest rates are climbing! So that means any houses that dropped in the last year you are probably losing a good chunk of those sayvings if you dont buy cash, so for all of you waiting for the houses to drop even more think about this if you need a mortgage you very well could wind up paying more monthly. And I am not a real estate agent I am a mortgage broker,I personally will make money either way and people are refinancing to get out of arms so I have no reason to steer anyone into buying homes,just be carefull how long you wait you could just be helping the folks with cash by holding out and driving the prices down. I know people say if rates go up prices will drop but they will not drop to the levels people think, eventually you will be paying more monthly because of rates. and if rates go down prices will go up also. crazy
You could just be helping the folks with cash by holding out and driving the prices down. ??????????? and thats bad why ?
 
Old 07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
 
Location: orlando
170 posts, read 693,400 times
Reputation: 77
arent the ones holding out the ones with at least 20% to put down?
 
Old 07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
 
553 posts, read 1,760,865 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamove2 View Post
You could just be helping the folks with cash by holding out and driving the prices down. ??????????? and thats bad why ?
Because it is not helping you if you are financing. and alot of them are investers.they are the ones that really screwed it up to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top