U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-24-2007, 08:37 PM

2,147 posts, read 4,754,389 times
Default Property Taxes in Navarre Fla

I get conflicting stories from a realtor I'm talking to in Navarre about property taxes. This person tells me to figure 1% of the value of the house is a good rule of thumb.

Can anyone illuminate what the reality is?

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-24-2007, 09:20 PM

181 posts, read 530,811 times
We are in Tampa area, our non homestead property is at 2.5 % of assessed value.

Unread 12-25-2007, 09:52 AM

5,701 posts, read 16,240,748 times
Here is the link to the property appraiser: http://www.srcpa.org/general.html

I do pay about 1% of the original cost of the house, purchased in 1997.

HOW ARE PROPERTIES APPRAISED?

Santa Rosa County uses the same appraisal techniques normally used by independent fee appraisers. These are the Cost Approach, Sales Comparison Approach and the Income Approach.

* COST APPROACH - The principle of substitution is basic to the cost approach. This principle affirms that no prudent buyer would pay more for a property than the cost to acquire a similar site and construct improvements of equal desirability and utility without undue delay. Information pertaining to cost is acquired from builders, cost information services and from market abstraction. If the property is not new the appraiser must estimate depreciation and deduct it from replacement cost new.
* SALES COMPARISON APPROACH - This approach is the process in which a market value estimate is derived by analyzing the market for sales of similar properties and comparing these properties to the subject. Sales of similar properties must be carefully analyzed to make sure that no adverse conditions existed that would affect the purchase price. Once this is determined we can estimate value of the subject property.
* INCOME APPROACH - This approach is a unique method to evaluate property, usually commercial property. It requires a study of how much revenue the property would produce if rented. From the gross estimated revenue the appraiser would adjust for losses and expenses. The net estimated income would then be converted into an indication of value by a mathematical process called "capitalization."

Unread 12-25-2007, 10:35 AM

Ever notice how they seem to made these things confusing?

Thanks Sunrico, that would be a better rate than where we are. Tomorrow I will be talking with this realtor and then hopefully book a flight up. I have a major convention to attend in Orlando on the 10th, so we're hoping to come up for 4 or 5 days ahead of that schedule.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Unread 12-25-2007, 11:17 AM

2,313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
I get conflicting stories from a realtor I'm talking to in Navarre about property taxes. This person tells me to figure 1% of the value of the house is a good rule of thumb.

Can anyone illuminate what the reality is?

Thank you in advance
This may help I think I have the right county
http://srcpa.org/taxestimator.html

Unread 12-25-2007, 04:57 PM

When I type in the amount we're willing to pay ( for the house ) it would appear to be a little less than what we're paying here in SW Fla. Does that seem about right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida