Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:53 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It isnt the fastest growing state because of its deficiencies.
Not everything that grows fast is desirable ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 PM

26 posts, read 32,231 times
Quote:
I think all of these FL haters dont live here, tried to live here and failed, want to live here but cant.

That sounds a bit short sighted.

Maybe some of them tried to live there, did okay, but figured out that it sucked? Just because someone hates a place doesn't mean they hated it because they couldn't make it there.

I'd venture to say that outside of people from up north (during the winter) no one is truly desperate for a life in Florida.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 PM

390 posts, read 608,577 times
Quote:
I think all of these FL haters dont live here, tried to live here and failed, want to live here but cant.

I live here. Permanently. Tired of moving. IMO most people who move here base Florida on the one or two weeks they visit here over the years. They get this unrealistic view on how their life is going to be living here. When they start to see the day to day living in Florida, they quickly realize its not the grandiose life they thought it would be.

A lot of people just deal with the day to day issues because of the COL compared to other areas. And if people live in a gated community or a deed restricted community they tend to live in this bubble. One will get a realistic view of Florida, of living in a neighborhood, where you have to follow the town/city ordinances only and not the HOA rules in a restricted community. But again, that's my opinion of what I have experienced.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:29 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,910,503 times
Quote:

But its not about quantity, its about quality, at least for me.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:18 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTNLATX View Post
That sounds a bit short sighted.

Maybe some of them tried to live there, did okay, but figured out that it sucked? Just because someone hates a place doesn't mean they hated it because they couldn't make it there.

I'd venture to say that outside of people from up north (during the winter) no one is truly desperate for a life in Florida.
The thing is it doesnt suck. The negative commentary here is ridiculous. 20 million and more coming.

Must be something right about it.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 AM

Believe what you wish.

In the 25 years Ive lived here, I have yet to meet one of the people who went to disney world, went home, packed up their lives and moved to FL.

anyone who cant tell the difference between life at a resort vs. life in the real world needs a lot of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida or Bust.... View Post
I live here. Permanently. Tired of moving. IMO most people who move here base Florida on the one or two weeks they visit here over the years. They get this unrealistic view on how their life is going to be living here. When they start to see the day to day living in Florida, they quickly realize its not the grandiose life they thought it would be.

A lot of people just deal with the day to day issues because of the COL compared to other areas. And if people live in a gated community or a deed restricted community they tend to live in this bubble. One will get a realistic view of Florida, of living in a neighborhood, where you have to follow the town/city ordinances only and not the HOA rules in a restricted community. But again, that's my opinion of what I have experienced.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Not everything that grows fast is desirable ...

Perhaps not,but it seems a large number of people find it quite desirable.

If you really want to enjoy life in FL you need to get away from the cities.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
F freedom from winter clothes and heating bills
L laid back, leisure living
O odd at times
R Republicans, retirees
I isolated, it can be a long drive to leave some parts of Florida
D discriminatory (racially speaking)
A adventure

Old 09-01-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
But its not about quantity, its about quality, at least for me.
Why lower your standards then? Everything is better in N.C. More jobs, better pay, better weather, better food, better roads, better drivers, better everything. Yet you have choosen to live life in a place that is no match for it.

That's a bit odd to say the least.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 AM

Funny thing. All these FL haters that come to a FL forum. Its like buying headache pills to get a headache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida