Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:42 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Want to quote some of those posts? The only time I even bring up NYC is when I state why I decided to leave it. Thats about all. You dont see me making daily posts slamming NYC as some of you do against a state you had no desire to be in but continue to haunt its forums.
Free country dude ... I can only speak for myself as I dislike Orlando, but other parts of Florida I actually enjoy. As for the folks slamming Florida, some of them actually still live here and see the reality. I don't think they are posting to get under your skin, but it seems like that is the effect it is having. Contrary to what you might think, you have not been appointed as the resident Florida spokesperson. And folks will still post what they want, when they want. If you don't like the "venom" , block them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 09:55 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Free country dude ... I can only speak for myself as I dislike Orlando, but other parts of Florida I actually enjoy. As for the folks slamming Florida, some of them actually still live here and see the reality. I don't think they are posting to get under your skin, but it seems like that is the effect it is having. Contrary to what you might think, you have not been appointed as the resident Florida spokesperson. And folks will still post what they want, when they want. If you don't like the "venom" , block them.
Yes, free country. That means I can disagree with you and anyone else. The reality? I know the reality they see and I am sure it hurts. You or no one else has been appointed as anything either. What I am trying to do is alllow others to get a non-predjudical view of a place they may want to call home someday.
I, just like those folks will still post what I want, when I want. If you dont like my positive look at the state of Florida, block me. It works both ways.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, free country. That means I can disagree with you and anyone else. The reality? I know the reality they see and I am sure it hurts. You or no one else has been appointed as anything either. What I am trying to do is alllow others to get a non-predjudical view of a place they may want to call home someday.
I, just like those folks will still post what I want, when I want. If you dont like my positive look at the state of Florida, block me. It works both ways.
Sure does ... but the key word is non-prejudicial. Your opinions are prejudiced and tainted by your experiences and so are the opinions of others. Objectivity is not a common trait on the forum ...

Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Sure does ... but the key word is non-prejudicial. Your opinions are prejudiced and tainted by your experiences and so are the opinions of others. Objectivity is not a common trait on the forum ...
Its kind of like the debate team in high school. each side wants to press their opinion and have it accepted.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Its kind of like the debate team in high school. each side wants to press their opinion and have it accepted.
Now that I will agree with

Old 09-03-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Now that I will agree with
If we didnt have debate do you think a forum would be very useful? I think its great that readers read about the potential negatives but also to see that those negatives arent as bad as contrived.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
If we didnt have debate do you think a forum would be very useful? I think its great that readers read about the potential negatives but also to see that those negatives arent as bad as contrived.
One could also argue that some air need be let out of the positive balloons as well ...

Old 09-03-2014, 11:11 AM

734 posts, read 920,162 times
Quote:
I think you're right Leftee, be did state radiologist. My oversight.

however......

"Radiology is in the midst of an upheaval. While there is a general shortage of radiologists, much of the work is being outsourced to telemedical companies, both nationally and internationally. This has led to a depression in wages since 2006, and a reduced demand for Radiologists in general. While the wages still top the list of specialties, it is waning, with the mean income having dropped by 10% between 2010 and 2011. There are also questions surrounding the use of radiation, and the concerns of over-use of tests."
Stop reaching.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
One could also argue that some air need be let out of the positive balloons as well ...
I dont see any supporters stating "great jobs, just walk in". "Food prices so low you can eat like a king"
"The summer heat ain't nothing" "The best drivers in the U.S. are in FL" "Everyday is like living on vacation when you move here"

On the other hand..................

Old 09-03-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I dont see any supporters stating "great jobs, just walk in". "Food prices so low you can eat like a king"
"The summer heat ain't nothing" "The best drivers in the U.S. are in FL" "Everyday is like living on vacation when you move here"

On the other hand..................
OK, I'll play ...

I don't see any detractors saying ...

1. Everyone in Florida has a criminal record or is a sexual offender
2. Florida is an inferno the entire year - all 12 months
3. There are sinkholes under every home in Spring Hill
4. There are no drivers with insurance in Florida
5. Food prices are the highest in the U.S.
6. All schools in Florida suck and are sub-standard
7. There are snakes and alligators in every backyard

Two sides to every story ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida