Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,035 times

Advertisements

We currantly live in Tallahassee (well, just north) and really want to get out of here. We were born and raised in Miami. I am married with 4 children. Where we live now is not where we want to stay. We both hate the cold,the schools here where we live are D and F schools(Havana) and there really is not much here for kids(in my opinion). If you are into Government or FSU footbal,then you would fit right in. We are looking for a warmer climate,more opportunity for better schools(we have been homeschooling since 2000,so my 2 younger kids have never been in traditional schools) more things for families and good jobs. My husband has been a mechanic all his life. Lawn mower Mechanic is his field but can also work on cars or most anything else. He may or may not stay in that field. We own a lawn service now but do not plan on continuing that when we move(at least not at this point). I will have to work and that is fine with me. Our biggest issue is housing. Right now we pay about $365.00 a month for mortage(we bought our mobile with land about 15 yrs.ago) anf prices on houses have went through the roof for us. I do not know what we can afford. We are looking around from central(orlando) to no further than Port Saint Lucie. Can anyone please help with somewhere we can live or at least look into . Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 07:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,849,040 times
I think you should look on the west coast of Florida. I live in North Port (just south of Sarasota and north of Ft Myers). It's a great little town. The schools are nice, the area is not to over populated and the housing prices are reasonable. I just wrote a contract on a home that is 2700 sq ft under air for $130,000, brand new and had never been lived. I think North Port has some of the best deals in the state for real estate right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida