U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on The Florida Medical Marijuana Amendment
I am for it. 47 72.31%
I am against it. 14 21.54%
Undecided at this time. 4 6.15%
Don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:22 AM

10,604 posts, read 14,132,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
Thanks to those who didn't vote for helping us come in 2% shy of what we needed. Polls mean absolutely nothing. Apathy gets you nowhere in life, and in politics. As long as old wealthy conservatives continue to come out en force in Florida, and the younger and minority votes continue to hang out at home, this is how things are decided in our state. At least a message has probably been sent to seek this out again in the future. I may not be alive then, but somebody else in pain will be.
Oh the drama.

All these "OLD WEALTHY conservatives" are stupid for voting no on Amendment 2 but when they passed Amendment 1 they were smart?

Hey you wanna call them stupid, I'm all for it. Because nobody with any common sense should have voted yes on Amendment 1 and give the government all that power.

Ironically, that's going to create FEWER conservatives because the number one factor in converting people to capitalism and conservatism is HOME OWNERSHIP and that's not likely to easily happen especially NOW when private property costs are going to go up even MORE with Amendment 1.

BTW, your generalizations are weak. Not all "OLD" conservatives are "wealthy". And what's your point? Wealthy people look forward to being "in pain"?

Doesn't even make sense. Minorities should naturally be "pro pot"? And Liberals call Conservatives racist?

BTW did you miss that Crist's law partner, John Morgan, spent millions to get the pot amendment on the ballot - to help Crist win by boosting turnout from Democratic-leaning groups? Whoops...FAIL on BOTH counts. Maybe you're right all the potheads were chilling at home.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:25 AM

2,231 posts, read 2,350,871 times
Tough Luck Guys. I feel for you and the people that have to keep taking prescribed medicines to feel better (worse). A whopping 58 percent of the vote and these guys still won't budge.

Oh well at least their true colors are exposed. Who in their right mind would care what an ailing person does to feel better ?

You who voted against medical MJ are cruel. Karma is a B...go and get you some.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:33 AM

10,576 posts, read 10,798,575 times
Florida may say no to medical marijuana: Why the Sunshine State may turn against Amendment 2.

Wish it had not been so politicized

Old 11-05-2014, 06:28 AM

1,296 posts, read 827,641 times
The real problem with Amendment 2 was that the amendment as written was lousy legislation. Bad law is bad law regardless of its good intentions. The ACA is a prime example.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:04 AM

3,581 posts, read 5,820,087 times
If last night proved anything, it was that despite all odds a MAJORITY of Floridians want mmj to happen. If we lived in a state where a simple majority was needed or where we wouldn't have to worry about our elected officials overriding any law, then the 58% of the vote this got last night would have been more than enough (it passed in Cali for example with only 55%).

Old 11-05-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
The real problem with Amendment 2 was that the amendment as written was lousy legislation. Bad law is bad law regardless of its good intentions. The ACA is a prime example.
So lousy that the opponents lost by a 16% margin lol.

The real problem was young supporters staying home or not knowing how to vote. I work with 5 people in their early 20s that were for it but didn't vote.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:47 AM

7,647 posts, read 16,033,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

All these "OLD WEALTHY conservatives" are stupid for voting no on Amendment 2 but when they passed Amendment 1 they were smart?

Hey you wanna call them stupid, I'm all for it. Because nobody with any common sense should have voted yes on Amendment 1 and give the government all that power.
Something the Spousal Unit reminded me of yesterday is that at least in the Panhandle, there's a lot of overlap between strong conservatives and people who hunt, and it's a lot easier to get a permit to hunt on land the government owns and manages for that purpose than it is to find the right private land to hunt on.

Ducks Unlimited started out all about preserving watersheds for hunters after all.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:53 AM

5,311 posts, read 8,127,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
So lousy that the opponents lost by a 16% margin lol.

The real problem was young supporters staying home or not knowing how to vote. I work with 5 people in their early 20s that were for it but didn't vote.
Maybe they were too stoned to figure out where to vote.

JK...I voted against it because it was a bad amendment but I support the legalization of medical marijuana. My wife's cousin is an anasthesiologist in NYC and he said it is a completely legitimate pain medication that they use in his hospital. I believe it is in pill form there but I'm not sure. I hope all of you who voted for it will take the time to contact your representative today to urge them to take it up in the legislative agenda. No matter what your position on general legalization may be, everyone should get behind the ability of a physician to prescribe any substance that is known to be safe and effective.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Maybe they were too stoned to figure out where to vote.

JK...I voted against it because it was a bad amendment but I support the legalization of medical marijuana. My wife's cousin is an anasthesiologist in NYC and he said it is a completely legitimate pain medication that they use in his hospital. I believe it is in pill form there but I'm not sure. I hope all of you who voted for it will take the time to contact your representative today to urge them to take it up in the legislative agenda. No matter what your position on general legalization may be, everyone should get behind the ability of a physician to prescribe any substance that is known to be safe and effective.
In what bizarre universe should an issue that received more of the electorate than any candidate last night require the voters to "contact their legislators" and "urge" them to take this up. Hello, a MAJORITY voted YES for this, and if they don't listen to the voters, we'll be back in 2016, with a much higher voter turnout since it will be a presidential election year, and we'll just amend the constitution in spite of Tallahassee.

Yesterday was a great first shot fired on our behalf and we proved that it was our own side being lazy that caused us to miss the 2% needed on Amendment 2, and NOT the opposition that lost by 16%. It proved that despite all odds, we are stronger and with a little more of a push next time, we will win.

I have no interest in working with the lawmakers on this, I say bring round 2 to them and finish them off for good.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:49 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,044,211 times
For those Floridians who support legalization, keep up the good fight against the wanna-be tyrants who feel they know what is good for you in continuing prohibition of cannabis. It will happen eventually. At least you were able to get it on the ballot. The neocons in my state rejected the 2 proposals. Nevertheless, we too will keep pushing. Sooner or later prohibition of cannabis will be repealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida