U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: How will you vote on The Florida Medical Marijuana Amendment
I am for it. 47 72.31%
I am against it. 14 21.54%
Undecided at this time. 4 6.15%
Don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2014, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Lincoln County Road or Armageddon
4,224 posts, read 5,674,889 times
Reputation: 5775

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
If last night proved anything, it was that despite all odds a MAJORITY of Floridians want mmj to happen. If we lived in a state where a simple majority was needed or where we wouldn't have to worry about our elected officials overriding any law, then the 58% of the vote this got last night would have been more than enough (it passed in Cali for example with only 55%).
It's funny that the legislature backed Amendment that forces an Amendment proposal to have at least 60% to pass itself only garnered 57% but passed.

Initiative Information

Ah, Florida...the rules ARE different here.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvpb28UFy7Q

 
Old 11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Lakewood Ranch, FL
5,311 posts, read 8,121,634 times
Reputation: 6376
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
In what bizarre universe should an issue that received more of the electorate than any candidate last night require the voters to "contact their legislators" and "urge" them to take this up. Hello, a MAJORITY voted YES for this, and if they don't listen to the voters, we'll be back in 2016, with a much higher voter turnout since it will be a presidential election year, and we'll just amend the constitution in spite of Tallahassee.

Yesterday was a great first shot fired on our behalf and we proved that it was our own side being lazy that caused us to miss the 2% needed on Amendment 2, and NOT the opposition that lost by 16%. It proved that despite all odds, we are stronger and with a little more of a push next time, we will win.

I have no interest in working with the lawmakers on this, I say bring round 2 to them and finish them off for good.
Pride goeth before a fall. Good luck with that. Apparently there are still enough people around who are smart enough to realize that you legislate thru legislatures, not thru special interest amendments...at least not for subjects like this one. And, you certainly don't approve the kind of crap that John Morgan put out there.

The right way is to pressure the house and senate to make it legal and handled like any other prescription medication.
 
Old 11-05-2014, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Orlando Metro Area
3,579 posts, read 5,816,399 times
Reputation: 2324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Pride goeth before a fall. Good luck with that. Apparently there are still enough people around who are smart enough to realize that you legislate thru legislatures, not thru special interest amendments...at least not for subjects like this one. And, you certainly don't approve the kind of crap that John Morgan put out there.

The right way is to pressure the house and senate to make it legal and handled like any other prescription medication.
Right, only in Wackjobville is a voter initiative that gained unprecedented support considered a special interest.

And there is no way I would trust a human right this important to the political whims of an unresponsive, and largely unaccountable legislator who can easily be purchased. I want a law they can't override and now that we've proven we're much stronger, why should we back down.
 
Old 11-05-2014, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Lakewood Ranch, FL
5,311 posts, read 8,121,634 times
Reputation: 6376
LOL...what are you smoking? It's not a human right. It's a drug that is not currently available by prescription but should be. Don't be such a drama queen.
 
Old 11-05-2014, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Orlando Metro Area
3,579 posts, read 5,816,399 times
Reputation: 2324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
LOL...what are you smoking? It's not a human right. It's a drug that is not currently available by prescription but should be. Don't be such a drama queen.
Choice most certainly is.
 
Old 11-05-2014, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Lakewood Ranch, FL
5,311 posts, read 8,121,634 times
Reputation: 6376
"Choice" was not on the ballot.
 
Old 11-06-2014, 01:55 AM
 
10,576 posts, read 10,788,206 times
Reputation: 5219
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
If last night proved anything, it was that despite all odds a MAJORITY of Floridians want mmj to happen. If we lived in a state where a simple majority was needed or where we wouldn't have to worry about our elected officials overriding any law, then the 58% of the vote this got last night would have been more than enough (it passed in Cali for example with only 55%).
Absolutely correct. 10% more votes than Rick Scott or ANY governor got in the last six terms quite frankly.
 
Old 11-06-2014, 06:42 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 2,137,332 times
Reputation: 1016
Rick Scott is not stupid he knows exactly what he is doing and if he really cared about people who vote for him he wouldn't flip flop on so many issues. Believe it or not our state current Charlotte Web law is more open then New York or New Jersey laws. Theirs is more restrictive then ours and their so called "liberal" states but the democratic governor of NY didn't even want to pass it barely. So this not a partisan issue at all and I think some of the representatives might attempt to pass a medical marijuana law again and who knows it might pass.
 
Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
1,798 posts, read 2,281,624 times
Reputation: 1578
The general consensus in this forum is that Florida is a more progressive state than AZ:
More Progressive, Florida or Arizona?

But yet they can't even get a medical marijuana bill passed. I can buy it at a dispensary here if I wanted it. And after the next elections, it might be legalized for recreation too. Maybe I just have "progressive" and "liberal" confused with each other. Maybe it's just more liberal in AZ.
 
Old 11-24-2014, 10:42 AM
 
741 posts, read 721,663 times
Reputation: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
The general consensus in this forum is that Florida is a more progressive state than AZ:
More Progressive, Florida or Arizona?

But yet they can't even get a medical marijuana bill passed. I can buy it at a dispensary here if I wanted it. And after the next elections, it might be legalized for recreation too. Maybe I just have "progressive" and "liberal" confused with each other. Maybe it's just more liberal in AZ.
Florida has a HUGE contingent of what can only be described as the 'degenerate right'.
Hateful, regressive, entire lives revolve around gun ownership, facial hair/dark tinted glasses, fascist retards. They exist everywhere but we have more than our fair share. More than AZ.

Obviously, they oppose any law that disempowers law enforcement (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!) to arrest people, particularly the groups that marijuana laws were originally drafted to specifically target and still, to this day, disproportionately effect.

The fact that they oppose doctors being able to prescribe marijuana to ill people shows just how sick and moronic they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top