U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on The Florida Medical Marijuana Amendment
I am for it. 47 72.31%
I am against it. 14 21.54%
Undecided at this time. 4 6.15%
Don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,132,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
I have a relative who suffers from debilitating migraines.

People who think 'migraines' are 'headaches' don't understand. She lies in bed all day, she vomits. The ONLY medicine that works for her so far has been marijuana, and this is after trying everything the pharmaceutical industry had. She finally smoked marijuana (for the 2nd time in her life, in her 70's) and found relief.

During the course of this debate, migraine headaches have been trivialized as one of the 'fake reasons' someone might seek medical marijuana. For her, its the difference between being able to exist semi-functional and being bedridden.

I wish I could round up everyone who opposes this bill and stand them against a wall in front of a belt fed machine gun. I'd pull the trigger and not lose a moments sleep. To think those morons would criminalize my relative because of their pathetic reefer-madness mentality, its beyond maddening. The stupid hysterics these morons cite in opposition to A2 are infuriatingly dishonest and fundamentally naive. So frustrating trying to overcome the impassioned stupidity of ignorant ideologues but hopefully, smarter heads prevail and the amendment passes.

Unfortunately, the reefer madness commercials seem to be having an effect on the polling data. I sure wish we could take a poll that IQ tested everyone for and against.
I feel for your relative, migraines are awful!

But, brutally exterminating everyone who disagrees with you is a little extreme. You talk about intelligence and knowledge, but you're not proving yourself to be a person who has either.

Let's try to keep this debate respectful, reasoned, and non-violent. We could strive for this to be the first thread in the FL forum to do so, huh?

Old 10-12-2014, 06:22 PM

741 posts, read 722,058 times
Few issues get me as angry as this one.

I assure you, I can articulate my points on fact and reason alone, while still absolutely wishing I could gas chamber every mouth breather who would deny sick and suffering people an effective medicine because of a 'viewpoint' that is fundamentally absurd and rooted in ignorant hysterics. My hatred for them is not exclusive of whatever intelligence or knowledge I may posses, nor does it negate it.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:43 PM

128 posts, read 122,497 times
Quote:
I have a relative who suffers from debilitating migraines.

People who think 'migraines' are 'headaches' don't understand. She lies in bed all day, she vomits. The ONLY medicine that works for her so far has been marijuana, and this is after trying everything the pharmaceutical industry had. She finally smoked marijuana (for the 2nd time in her life, in her 70's) and found relief.

During the course of this debate, migraine headaches have been trivialized as one of the 'fake reasons' someone might seek medical marijuana. For her, its the difference between being able to exist semi-functional and being bedridden.

I wish I could round up everyone who opposes this bill and stand them against a wall in front of a belt fed machine gun. I'd pull the trigger and not lose a moments sleep. To think those morons would criminalize my relative because of their pathetic reefer-madness mentality, its beyond maddening. The stupid hysterics these morons cite in opposition to A2 are infuriatingly dishonest and fundamentally naive. So frustrating trying to overcome the impassioned stupidity of ignorant ideologues but hopefully, smarter heads prevail and the amendment passes.

Unfortunately, the reefer madness commercials seem to be having an effect on the polling data. I sure wish we could take a poll that IQ tested everyone for and against.
Well said, except for the machine gun part :-) ..... Make no mistake about it, anyone against this bill is enabling murder, suffering, and imprisonment. It's genocide in action in the USA in 2014. I know so many people who have cured their cancer from cannabis oil that i've lost count. And they risk imprisonment for saving their own life.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
I feel for your relative, migraines are awful!

But, brutally exterminating everyone who disagrees with you is a little extreme. You talk about intelligence and knowledge, but you're not proving yourself to be a person who has either.

Let's try to keep this debate respectful, reasoned, and non-violent. We could strive for this to be the first thread in the FL forum to do so, huh?
I empathize with him/her. The people against this are using the power of their vote to kill people.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:45 PM

I saw a poll on Fri showing 67% support. So it looks good as of now.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:35 PM

741 posts, read 722,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillS111 View Post
Well said, except for the machine gun part :-) ..... Make no mistake about it, anyone against this bill is enabling murder, suffering, and imprisonment. It's genocide in action in the USA in 2014. I know so many people who have cured their cancer from cannabis oil that i've lost count. And they risk imprisonment for saving their own life.
My relative has to commit an arrestable misdemeanor to receive the medicine that helps her!
She even tried Marinol. Nothing.

I don't know much about the whole marijuana 'scene' but it was suggested that edible marijuana products may be best for her since she really isn't too fond of smoking, yet such products are essentially impossible to get here and flying out to a state where they're legal and flying back with a 6 month supply would be a trafficking felony so that isn't an option.

Its just so infuriating that such a benign and otherwise helpful substance that alleviates suffering of people in pain has to be criminalized because of dumb mantras of dumb people that originated in the 1920's!!!

Some debates, I can respect the position of the other side while disagreeing with it. Other debates, I might not respect the position, but I can at least respect the people on the other side. On this issue, I have respect for neither the position nor the people behind medical marijuana opposition. If I could push a button and they would all combust, I would. Every Police Union and Prison Guard Union and Private Prison Union and goose-stepping fascist ******* that opposes this should be very publicly named.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
My relative has to commit an arrestable misdemeanor to receive the medicine that helps her!
She even tried Marinol. Nothing.

I don't know much about the whole marijuana 'scene' but it was suggested that edible marijuana products may be best for her since she really isn't too fond of smoking, yet such products are essentially impossible to get here and flying out to a state where they're legal and flying back with a 6 month supply would be a trafficking felony so that isn't an option.

Its just so infuriating that such a benign and otherwise helpful substance that alleviates suffering of people in pain has to be criminalized because of dumb mantras of dumb people that originated in the 1920's!!!

Some debates, I can respect the position of the other side while disagreeing with it. Other debates, I might not respect the position, but I can at least respect the people on the other side. On this issue, I have respect for neither the position nor the people behind medical marijuana opposition. If I could push a button and they would all combust, I would. Every Police Union and Prison Guard Union and Private Prison Union and goose-stepping fascist ******* that opposes this should be very publicly named.
Well said! I share your utter disgust at the pigs and human trash on the other side of this issue. I have zero respect for their utter stupidity and lack of empathy for sick and dying people. And it gets even worse when i encounter doctors who are against MMJ. They're supposed to be helping people, instead they're killing them by supporting suppression of MMJ. The whole medical system is corrupt like this, that's a whole other discussion.

There are groups on Facebook where people will mail oil to you, but i'm not sure if they only send it to legal states. That's what i do where i am now (in a legal state). Edible oil doesnt have the possible side effects on the lungs that smoking might.

Another workaround - Realm of Care in Colorado will mail low-THC Charlotte's Web CBD cannabis oil to all 50 states now. It's not as effective for some conditions as "real" Charlotte's Web is, but it's better than nothing. Get in touch with them - worth a shot.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:35 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,132,883 times
A bit hypocritical to cast aspersions on others for being mass murderers while at the same time supporting mass murder. You are no better than the people you claim to loathe. Mass murderers, one and all. No respect garnered for either side of extremism - we need to speak out against exactly this in this country: people on the fringes of either political spectrum who are so overzealous in their claims that they advocate and incite others to violence.

It's time for our country to come back to the middle, and to sanity. And I say that as an unwavering liberal. Violence and threats of violence have no place in reasoned civil discourse.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 AM

3,923 posts, read 10,292,044 times
The Charlotte's Web (non-euphoric) Medical Marijuana Bill was signed into Florida law this past June. Media link here --> Gov. Rick Scott signs 'Charlotte's Web' medical marijuana bill | Tampa Bay Times. The Amendment 2 on the November 2014 ballot is non-specific which will create unintended consequences. JMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Do you honestly think the state legislature would EVER take up the Medical Marijuana legalization issue? It wouldn't even make it out of committee. I agree that amending Constitution is kind of a crummy way to do things, but when you have arguably one of the most corrupt governmental bodies in the nation and the way districts are gerrymandered to favor one particular party for eternity, what choice do citizens have? Besides, the legislature is one of the biggest abusers of the amending process, and they don't even have to collect signatures to get it on the ballot like everyone else does.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 10-14-2014 at 10:05 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 02:41 PM

4,224 posts, read 5,677,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
The Charlotte's Web (non-euphoric) Medical Marijuana Bill was signed into Florida law this past June. Media link here --> Gov. Rick Scott signs 'Charlotte's Web' medical marijuana bill | Tampa Bay Times. The Amendment 2 on the November 2014 ballot is non-specific which will create unintended consequences. JMHO.
It's a good first step for the children, but I think the bill was more about trying to placate Amendment 2 supporters than anything else. Everything I've read says it's not very effective for adult ailments which respond better to THC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida