Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on The Florida Medical Marijuana Amendment
I am for it. 47 72.31%
I am against it. 14 21.54%
Undecided at this time. 4 6.15%
Don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 01:00 PM

172 posts, read 237,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
Again - legal pot in Florida is not going to result in the whole state bursting into an endless reggae party. If for no other reason than the fact that there is a serious dearth of steel drums in the state, LOL!
Consider for a minute that the people most likely to oppose medical marijuana are invariably the sort of uptight, dysfunctional-personality authoritarian Aspies who hate parties, too.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:35 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,064,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
Consider for a minute that the people most likely to oppose medical marijuana are invariably the sort of uptight, dysfunctional-personality authoritarian Aspies who hate parties, too.
How about realists... When Florida gets MM..if it does... and I think it will pass... it like California will "reap" the benefits of more stoners... and people whining how they need their medicine...

and all the "good" things will follow... just wait and see

Old 02-11-2015, 08:53 AM

3,973 posts, read 8,111,703 times
Quote:

Actually maybe not. Maybe we smoked it back in the 60s and remember how it effected people's ability to think and move when they were high at parties and in class when we tried to teach in the 70s. The thing is...... We do know how to read and understand that the way this amendment was written was iffy. (should it really take an ammendment?) it was not clear enough on a lot of issues with legalizing it for MEDICAL use ONLY. BTW if it is for MEDICAL use there won't be parties. It should be only very ill people who can get it legally and not the party mentality. When I see posts like yours it makes me think no,no, no.... I have a 28 yr old nephew dying of cancer right now that could benefit from MEDICAL use of the DRUG, but because the law had so many loop holes I voted against it. So save the judgemental attitude lest you be judged, too. Thinking just another dumb pothead who didn't read the amendment and think it through. But hey, I am not judgemental so would never call you that . Peace.....

Old 02-11-2015, 09:55 AM

734 posts, read 914,794 times
Medical, and eventually recreational marijuana is coming, folks. Sooner or later, every state will legalize. Better get used to the idea.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
How about realists... When Florida gets MM..if it does... and I think it will pass... it like California will "reap" the benefits of more stoners... and people whining how they need their medicine...

and all the "good" things will follow... just wait and see
How about the first person to reply to me was a cop demonstrates precisely what I'm saying about authoritarian personality types being pretty much the only ones opposed to this. There's a better chance than not you're basically the kind of guy nobody could stand in high school, without being aware of it.

In terms of being a realist, though, as someone who just got back from the Bay Area last month, for the sake of my real estate values, I can ONLY HOPE that Florida is deluged with 'those kinds of stoners' (and I don't even smoke pot or drink!)

Its a good thing that you at least understand that you're licked on this one. Prior to the first vote that came in at a crushing 58% but just shy of the needed 60, it was hilarious to listen to you guys saying stuff like MAN I BET IT BARELY GETS 40%!! Civilization is wising up, realizing that the stupid games played by people in your profession are more harmful than the drugs themselves. Better enjoy all that overtime while you can. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

Last edited by StAugustine; 02-11-2015 at 12:31 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Actually maybe not. Maybe we smoked it back in the 60s and remember how it effected people's ability to think and move when they were high at parties and in class when we tried to teach in the 70s. The thing is...... We do know how to read and understand that the way this amendment was written was iffy. (should it really take an ammendment?) it was not clear enough on a lot of issues with legalizing it for MEDICAL use ONLY. BTW if it is for MEDICAL use there won't be parties. It should be only very ill people who can get it legally and not the party mentality. When I see posts like yours it makes me think no,no, no.... I have a 28 yr old nephew dying of cancer right now that could benefit from MEDICAL use of the DRUG, but because the law had so many loop holes I voted against it. So save the judgemental attitude lest you be judged, too. Thinking just another dumb pothead who didn't read the amendment and think it through. But hey, I am not judgemental so would never call you that . Peace.....
I understand the Amendment quite well. It was perfectly clear to me.

I also understand people who stonewall effective legislation based on ideological minutiae that is really just a pretext for their weak fears. They allow some abstract concept of 'perfect' to impair us from achieving 'good enough'.

The arguments AGAINST MM were childish at best, outright dishonest at worst. Physicians, who can already prescribe opiates, were questioned by cops and authoritarians about their ability to proscribe a plant that is only criminalized because of an absurd historical aberration.

Good to see that even Florida is waking up on this and the only few sad souls left opposing it are the kookiest Fox News types (and speaking of that, I always LOL at the stories they throttle up. TEEN TWEETS DISRESPECT ABOUT JOB! LOSES JOB! THANKS, OBAMA! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10...cmp=latestnews )

Old 02-11-2015, 01:42 PM

506 posts, read 423,429 times
Quote:
How about the first person to reply to me was a cop demonstrates precisely what I'm saying about authoritarian personality types being pretty much the only ones opposed to this. There's a better chance than not you're basically the kind of guy nobody could stand in high school, without being aware of it.

In terms of being a realist, though, as someone who just got back from the Bay Area last month, for the sake of my real estate values, I can ONLY HOPE that Florida is deluged with 'those kinds of stoners' (and I don't even smoke pot or drink!)

Its a good thing that you at least understand that you're licked on this one. Prior to the first vote that came in at a crushing 58% but just shy of the needed 60, it was hilarious to listen to you guys saying stuff like MAN I BET IT BARELY GETS 40%!! Civilization is wising up, realizing that the stupid games played by people in your profession are more harmful than the drugs themselves. Better enjoy all that overtime while you can. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!
You have to love the idea that some people think the current illegality of marijuana is actually doing anything other than filling our prison system up with people who should not be in the prison system. This moronic war on drugs has done nothing, in regards to stopping people from doing harmful drugs, so this war continues on for other reasons.

You also just have to love the idea that other people think they should have the power to regulate what "drugs" individuals put into their own bodies while at the same time screaming about how some NYC mayor has no authority to regulate how much Coke people can drink at one time. The inconsistency is enough to drive any reasonable person insane, who clearly understands that people should not have to worry about brutal police action when they sit down each evening to consume 2 liters of Coke and snort 1 kilo of cocaine.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:59 PM

506 posts, read 423,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes is just the first step in legalizing it for all uses, which it should be along with all other so-called illegal drugs now.

It might be good, if you where to explain why you think it should be illegal for me to smoke marijuana all day just for fun. Laws should essentially be made to allow you a method to come after me if I was to cause you harm, not for you to regulate behavior that does not cause you any harm.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
You have to love the idea that some people think the current illegality of marijuana is actually doing anything other than filling our prison system up with people who should not be in the prison system. This moronic war on drugs has done nothing, in regards to stopping people from doing harmful drugs, so this war continues on for other reasons.

You also just have to love the idea that other people think they should have the power to regulate what "drugs" individuals put into their own bodies while at the same time screaming about how some NYC mayor has no authority to regulate how much Coke people can drink at one time. The inconsistency is enough to drive any reasonable person insane, who clearly understands that people should not have to worry about brutal police action when they sit down each evening to consume 2 liters of Coke and snort 1 kilo of cocaine.
The thing with authoritarianism is that is really knows no political boundaries.

The Authoritarian-Right idiot who thinks he's in some moral position to tell someone they cannot smoke marijuana is no better nor worse than the Authoritarian-Left idiot who wants to ban cigarettes or large sodas. The Authoritarian-Left moron is all about 'freedom' on something like drug use, but would support a violent door to door gun confiscation, in the name of the children. The Authoritarian-Right imbecile believes he's a great paragon of freedom as long as he can hold onto those guns (!!!), while simultaneously supporting policies that undermine the very freedoms those guns were supposed to defend in the first place.

Authoritarianism is authoritarianism. Its hugely popular with dumb people regardless of their political orientation but they're so busy with the Whataboutism dance with each other that neither realizes how stupid they look themselves.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,064,188 times
Quote:

Hey.. thanks for your thanks..

In my opinion most people vote emotionally over medical marijuana... without understanding all the negatives that come later... but Florida and others state may/will experience this.. and one day if it becomes legal federally our country will be worse off because of it... we dont need more stoners.. we need sharp people to handle the problems of the future.

If you believe the stats about ten percent of users will become chronic and display all the problems that come from overuse of anything.. including the ailments that come from abuse

Big pharma and big money are already poised to jump in.. you think its going to be granny 12 plant in your backyard.. ha.. just like Monsanto put out their genetically modified seeds so will go the way of MJ.. it will be in a liquor store in a sealed pack and will be expensive.. and the feds will have a whole new group of people to target who sell illegally.. just like tax stamps on cigs... wheres theres money there will be government following... sure.. if it goes legal there will be a free for all like there was here in California.. until the citizens see the behavior then there will be the same pushback we see here

I also think if voters looked at the the risks and costs they wouldnt be so quick to pull a ballot bar... much of what pro dope puts out is bogus and smokescreens real data

As far as "my profession".. all I can say is that most people who use and abuse drugs that I come in contact with use marijuana... and started with marijuana and alcohol.. do I care about you growing a plant for you to use while you stay home.. not really... do I care about a garden full of stinkweed and you being stoned while driving or at work.. hell yea I do.. because that affects everyone

What I would like to see is this.... ( it will probably never happen but its my wish list)

1) Use marijuana.. no welfare.. because when you use MJ you are less productive and wont get a job if you are happily getting free money and being high.. no motivation to do otherwise

2) Sign a waiver of benefits for medical/psych treatment when marijuana bites you
Cannabis cough, lost brain function, damaged self esteem, addiction etc (and if you care to really know about MJ then ask and Ill start posting up legitimate medical studies and what they say.. not the half baked MJ stories).. hey.. Freudian slip..

3) No nonsense DUI laws with a real roadside test

4) Felony for exposing children.. in the womb.. trimming it.. subtle marketing (reesees Hershees (since sued and removed))

5) Get it into a pharmacy under FDA regulation.. meaning the 10 year FDA study for efficacy and actual use.. instead of the incomplete or fuzzy use today.. this means consistent dosage of product

6) Tighten up the medical marijuana law so that the actual 2-5 percent of real medical patients that might possibly be helped by it dont get screwed by joe doper behaviors

7) Use the low thc high CBD products that are out there that show initial promise in addressing very specific medical issues.. childhood epilepsy, cancer issues.

Why is it that MJ 'patients" dont want the products that dont get you high.. hmmmm

Most medical marijuana today is similar or the same that's sold on the street.. few if any pot shops conduct real scientific testing on their products..and there isnt any oversight (yet) so you really have NO IDEA what you're getting.. and pro MJ folks have been brainwashed how harmless it is... when the reality with the majority of evidence out there is... further study is needed and abusers WILL have problems.. with all that thc comes all that tar and 1000 other chemicals.. now we will have a large segment of the population that will use it and better large scale results will come forth.. from what I read form every medical journal there will be more problems identified

There is no free ride with drugs in the body.. any drug legal or illegal

Motivate, regulate, and pontificate before you recreate.. because after you do you wont remember what we said tomorrow,,,

If it passes then my answer is.. you will see Florida.. you will see

Am I "licked"... nope.. Ill still work my days off at the anti-drug abuse coalition just like Ive been doing for the last ten years... and when I have to deal with a person who is involved with drugs they will still get the same "service" they have always gotten... we get paid one way or another

If we could just get all the pro druggies to put as much effort into being productive citizens what an improved world we would have

Next time you're at the Magic Kingdom do you really want your children on a roller coaster run by a stoner?....hmmm let's think this one through... oh.. the liability

I see a huge drug testing business potential for Florida.. yea.. JOBS

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-11-2015 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida