U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 02:16 AM

34,272 posts, read 41,320,656 times

Advertisements

IMO speeches arent a good medium to judge a candidate as they are all rehearsed for media benefit and dont really address the core character of the candidate.
Heres where i go to check out candidates
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...20Rick%20scott

https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...+Charley+Crist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 09:50 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,768,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He was already excluded and is suing to get in since he was polling in the double digits.

Typical Repub/Dem co-conspiracy. Keep the illusion of two "choices" when it's really bad and worse.
You have no choice. The only way to change this seems to be elimination of the crooks through physical means. If voting really mattered it would be illegal.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,137,291 times
Another Floridian advocating violence and killing in the course of civil debate, merely because they can't get their way without actually having to take the time to work within the system... How about actually running for office yourself, rather than killing the candidates you don't like? Oh, but that would take effort and intelligence and respect for your fellow man, rather than quick and easy brute force.

Why is the first thing people on these forums in FL always resort to when they are frustrated threats of violence and murder?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:03 PM

4,226 posts, read 5,682,481 times
Speaking of judging the core character of a candidate...

Gov. Rick Scott says he won't debate because of Charlie Crist's fan, but then relents | Tampa Bay Times

Make sure to watch the video of the mods explaining what happened. I don't want to insult his supporters, but Rick Scott is the ultimate weenie.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:23 PM

5,314 posts, read 8,144,006 times
Yeah, the optics were not pretty. More fodder for the anti-Florida people. However, Scott did say that his people were told that Crist said he would not debate if he didn't have the fan so they were under the impression that Crist backed out. Judging from the way Crist answered the question about the rules, I got the feeling that he knew damn well that he was stretching things by having that fan there and he was embarrassed about it. Still, it made us look stupid....again.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 AM

A candidate trying to back out of a debate because his opponent has a fan would give me cause for concern.Sounds like a lame excuse because one doesnt have the personal strength of conviction to wage the debate.
Rick Scott refused to take the debate stage because Charlie Crist had a fan. There’a a backstory here. - The Washington Post

Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 AM

My thought was that Crist needs a fan or two because he doesn't want to be seen sweating. It's a natural reaction to the anxiety that comes with being a liar. I imagine it's difficult to keep track of his current position on each issue since he's taken every side imaginable. That would make anyone sweat.

I also love the way Crist hand wrote in a little note about the fan on the rules agreement but neglected to have anyone initial the addendum. Isn't he supposed to be an attorney?

Old 10-16-2014, 06:56 AM

21,137 posts, read 30,248,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
My thought was that Crist needs a fan or two because he doesn't want to be seen sweating. It's a natural reaction to the anxiety that comes with being a liar. I imagine it's difficult to keep track of his current position on each issue since he's taken every side imaginable. That would make anyone sweat.

I also love the way Crist hand wrote in a little note about the fan on the rules agreement but neglected to have anyone initial the addendum. Isn't he supposed to be an attorney?
That's rich coming from a Scott supporter.

Rating Gov. Rick Scott on his 2010 campaign promises | PolitiFact Florida

Old 10-16-2014, 07:02 AM

I've already said that I will vote for Scott but that's not because I am a supporter. I've voted for Crist in the past, too, back when he claimed to believe in the opposite things he claims to believe now. More to the point, what about the portion you highlighted is wrong? I don't mind having a discussion about our points of view but to say what you highlighted is "rich" without explaining why you believe it is wrong is sort of pointless, IMO.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 AM

I'd be embarrassed if the candidate i was thinking of voting for had a hissy fit over something as inconsequential as his opponents use of a fan,and would look to me as a candidate trying to duck a debate because he knows his stance on the issues is weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or