U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,791,508 times

Advertisements

IMO, both candidates are an embarrassment and they should save valuable airtime by canceling the future debates and air that channel signal they used at 3:00am, back in the 1970's instead. What anyone sees in either of these two at this point in time is beyond me. The lesser of two evils theory doesn't even apply this time.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 03:13 PM

4,226 posts, read 5,681,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
IMO, both candidates are an embarrassment and they should save valuable airtime by canceling the future debates and air that channel signal they used at 3:00am, back in the 1970's instead. What anyone sees in either of these two at this point in time is beyond me. The lesser of two evils theory doesn't even apply this time.
Well, vote for the third guy then. Or don't vote at all.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:19 PM

5,314 posts, read 8,141,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Like these core beliefs?

Rick Scott 'oversaw the largest Medicare fraud in the nation

The hypocrisy of Scott never ceases to be amazing. How people support this guy in any category is equally amazing and a little sad.
Not talking about that and I'm sure you know that. I'm not a fan of the guy's but he believes in fiscal responsibility more than he believes in giving people what they want and find that a good thing. I wish we had few hundred more of them in Washington. I don't have to like Scott to know he's a better chief executive for the state than Crist.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:36 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,791,508 times
Quote:
Well, vote for the third guy then. Or don't vote at all.
I was considering the third guy......until I learned about his unsustainable views. So I may not vote, except I have a stake in seeing the medical marijuana bill pass.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material

Old 10-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Not talking about that and I'm sure you know that. I'm not a fan of the guy's but he believes in fiscal responsibility more than he believes in giving people what they want and find that a good thing. I wish we had few hundred more of them in Washington. I don't have to like Scott to know he's a better chief executive for the state than Crist.
Better Chief Executive? His company stole over a billion dollars of taxpayer money and had to pay a $1.7 billion fine the last time he was a Chief Executive. Jeeze.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Better Chief Executive? His company stole over a billion dollars of taxpayer money and had to pay a $1.7 billion fine the last time he was a Chief Executive. Jeeze.
As I said, I wasn't talking about his previous experience with HCA. And, yes, even with the HCA fine, he is still the better executive between the two. HIs time in office vs. Crist's, combined with Crist's obvious political narcissism, shows me that Scott, even as flawed as he is, is better as a governor.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:43 PM

22,126 posts, read 9,408,522 times
How about personal experience under both governors? I remember in 2005 (the hurricane year) when all the insurance companies started dropping Florida homeowners' insurance, tripling premiums and cherry picking to sell auto insurance here, but not property.

Charlie Crist stood up to the reprehensible insurance companies. Had a friend with Liberty. She got her letter about being dropped and right after that Crist put a freeze on allowing insurance companies to screw people that way. She got to keep her insurance. Fast forward to 2011. We were dropped by Nationwide (no claims ever) and went into Citizens. Then along came Scott and all the premiums started skyrocketing again. In addition, Citizen started dumping people into less than desirable companies.

Then there was auto insurance rates which Scott promised to bring down. He got his legislation, but the rates did not come down. In fact, I had to dump Allstate this year as they were approved for such a large increase, it just wasn't worth it.

Then there was the high speed rail that Scott unilaterally rejected--he did not consult a soul. Talk about hubris. Whether you are for or against it, that guy had no right to make a decision for all of Florida without consulting with anyone else. Even the Republican legislature was unhappy.

Florida residents are respected by Crist. Scott favors corporate interests--not those of Floridians.

Auto insurance group strokes $100k check to Rick Scott as he pushes PIP, bashes

Critics blast Governor Rick Scott over auto insurance reform - wptv.com

Gov. Rick Scott raps Tri-Rail while rejecting high-speed rail funding | PolitiFact Florida

Rick Scott says All Aboard is '100% private venture' and 'no state money involved' | PolitiFact Florida

Old 10-16-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
As I said, I wasn't talking about his previous experience with HCA. And, yes, even with the HCA fine, he is still the better executive between the two. HIs time in office vs. Crist's, combined with Crist's obvious political narcissism, shows me that Scott, even as flawed as he is, is better as a governor.
That's the problem - Scott supporters want to talk about integrity in candidates until the issue of a billion dollar heist comes up then it's all "but Crist is a flip flopping narcissist and was mean to a cat once."

Old 10-16-2014, 05:46 PM

Crist was mean to a cat? That tears it!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:47 PM

10,575 posts, read 10,812,410 times
Quote:
That's the problem - Scott supporters want to talk about integrity in candidates until the issue of a billion dollar heist comes up then it's all "but Crist is a flip flopping narcissist and was mean to a cat once."
Crist's current employer is all you need to know about his "integrity"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or