U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2007, 04:57 PM
 
49 posts, read 128,444 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there are any people out there who moved from Florida to Tennessee and moved back to Florida???? I moved from Melbourne Florida to East Tennessee 2 years ago and I absolutely hate Tennessee and want to come back home. Have my house for sale. But with the lousy housing market i'm afraid i will never get out of this hell hole!!!!!!! I was just wondering if there are any other floridians that moved to Tennessee and didn't like it. I feel like the only fool up here who doesn't like it!!!!!!!! Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2007, 05:04 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,853 times
Reputation: 10
question about Florida poverty area. i want to move to pompano beach. are there any poverty areas in pompano beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Sunny Naples Florida :)
1,452 posts, read 1,874,914 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma123 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there are any people out there who moved from Florida to Tennessee and moved back to Florida???? I moved from Melbourne Florida to East Tennessee 2 years ago and I absolutely hate Tennessee and want to come back home. Have my house for sale. But with the lousy housing market i'm afraid i will never get out of this hell hole!!!!!!! I was just wondering if there are any other floridians that moved to Tennessee and didn't like it. I feel like the only fool up here who doesn't like it!!!!!!!! Any info would be appreciated.
I didn't move to Tennessee but to New Hampshire, I know its not the same but same concept.. While I dont' hate it here I do want to go back for a couple reasons.. I'll go back to Naples though. I moved up here 6 months ago, and preached against Fla.. but I'm marching to a different tune now and feeling like a complete jack a** for saying the things I said... We all make mistakes though, or we think something is going to be a certain way and then its not. I personally just didn't listen to the advice given to me, and should have taken more to heart from people who experienced what I am now for many many years. No shame in moving back if its what you want.. Do what makes you happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Florida panhandle
57 posts, read 298,040 times
Reputation: 38
Momma123,
I've lived in east TN, moved there from FL too.
What area are you in?
I personally love it up where I was and intend to go back.
I'm back in the panhandle now for family reasons but find myself daydreaming about my life in the hills more often than not.
I'm sorry to hear that you've not found it to be what you wanted but it's never too late to make a change (as long as we have breath in our body ) I hope you make it back home soon. FL has some good points...I have generations of family here that wouldn't think of living anywhere else in the world.

Tarastomsgirl,
I've seen another post from you tonight (somewhere on this expansive website) and can only say I'm with you on 'we all make mistakes'. I made a huge one coming back here but it's one I can rectify as can you wanting to come back down this way. It is a hard lesson learned sometimes but as hard as it is, it's certainly worth the work it'll take to 'fix' it.
Good luck to you both
Safe travels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 08:40 PM
 
Location: America
6,985 posts, read 15,452,455 times
Reputation: 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I didn't move to Tennessee but to New Hampshire, I know its not the same but same concept.. While I dont' hate it here I do want to go back for a couple reasons.. I'll go back to Naples though. I moved up here 6 months ago, and preached against Fla.. but I'm marching to a different tune now and feeling like a complete jack a** for saying the things I said... We all make mistakes though, or we think something is going to be a certain way and then its not. I personally just didn't listen to the advice given to me, and should have taken more to heart from people who experienced what I am now for many many years. No shame in moving back if its what you want.. Do what makes you happy!
had you lived in New Hampshire before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Sunny Naples Florida :)
1,452 posts, read 1,874,914 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
had you lived in New Hampshire before?
No I had lived in NY when I was a small child but don't remember.. other than that only lived in Fla.. my husband is from New England and lived up here up until 6 years ago, he was missing it, but once the snow kept falling he said he remembered why he left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 PM
 
Location: America
6,985 posts, read 15,452,455 times
Reputation: 2067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
No I had lived in NY when I was a small child but don't remember.. other than that only lived in Fla.. my husband is from New England and lived up here up until 6 years ago, he was missing it, but once the snow kept falling he said he remembered why he left
I didn't want to assume you didnt know what you were getting into. But I assumed you probably hadn't lived up north before. This happens to a lot of people regardless of what state it is, they dont thoroughly look into a situation. My cousins friend moved from Brooklyn to South Florida, first couple of months was (i love the weather, blah blah blah) six months later she is no longer living in florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,553 posts, read 47,233,217 times
Reputation: 13382
Yep. I'm from up North and miss it terribly.

And when I had lived in the Northeast and moved to Florida, I loved it for about six months. Then I wanted to go back.

They are two extremes.

Now I am in Knoxville, and miss the Northeast. I enjoyed Tara's videos in New Hampshire. They actually made me cry.

We are what we know and are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Sunny Naples Florida :)
1,452 posts, read 1,874,914 times
Reputation: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I didn't want to assume you didnt know what you were getting into. But I assumed you probably hadn't lived up north before. This happens to a lot of people regardless of what state it is, they dont thoroughly look into a situation. My cousins friend moved from Brooklyn to South Florida, first couple of months was (i love the weather, blah blah blah) six months later she is no longer living in florida.
I had spent many days researching the winter and snow situations but in the end unless you experience it you just don't understand.. Kinda like if I tried to explain the extreme heat and obressive humidity in Fla to someone up here. They just think oh I'll go tht beach and it can't be that bad it gets hot here.. and they don't realize what I'm talking about.. Probably something similar to your cousin I think the ideal life would be a snowbird.. Summers up north, winters down south.. I made a goal for my life now lol.. at all costs must be snowbird!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2007, 08:42 AM
 
548 posts, read 389,770 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I had spent many days researching the winter and snow situations but in the end unless you experience it you just don't understand.. Kinda like if I tried to explain the extreme heat and obressive humidity in Fla to someone up here. They just think oh I'll go tht beach and it can't be that bad it gets hot here.. and they don't realize what I'm talking about.. Probably something similar to your cousin I think the ideal life would be a snowbird.. Summers up north, winters down south.. I made a goal for my life now lol.. at all costs must be snowbird!
Thats the ideal situation. October through April down here. May through September up north. Nice gig for those that can afford it.

I think I am going out to buy some lottery tickets now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top