U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:53 AM

4,158 posts, read 7,886,940 times

Advertisements

As someone who stills judges a man by his handshake, this is not good for the governor. A man who refuses to debate his position over a fan??? Not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 10:15 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,201,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
After joined every political party there is available and flip flopping on almost everything Charlie can't even have a debate without a floor or table fan to keep himself cool.

I wonder if he would have forgotten about Global warming if the fan wasn't there and than to think it was a cooler night.
The fan was pointed on his lower body part and seems he was in flames...

Maybe his flip flopping as to do with something women deal with daily after a certain age which is hot flashes and maybe a good doctor can help Christ. It seems Morgan and Morgan needs to come to the rescue in a better way since Charlie works over there and Morgan already said that Scott will win and it was on tape last week and played over and over.

I have to feel sorry for Christ who seems to have a really hard time making up his mind something my kids could do at a young age.

Scott may have some flaws but at least he doesn't flip flop and his record so far is much better than what Christ ever showed so a fan is not helping Christ.

Flip Flopping is not the same as changing your position on something after hearing the argument for the position you change to. A smart man will hear the other side and have his position change upon the enlightenment. That is so much better than supporting a position until death even if you eventually loose faith in that position.

A fan such a big deal? Seems to be that Scott needs to go back to the sandbox.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:20 AM

734 posts, read 728,780 times
Scott should've just made a joke about the whole fan thing; like, go out on stage and tell the crowd "Sorry I'm late, folks. I was having trouble finding a fan." then wheel out a gigantic industrial floor fan or something. But of course he missed his opportunity and went off about it looking like the idiot he is.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:50 AM

8,120 posts, read 7,600,687 times
This is truly ridiculous as if our political system hasn't been the laughing stock of the nation as it is, more fuel for the comedians. I sure hope SNL gets a hold of this one. You can't make this stuff up.

FanGate! Rick Scott nearly refuses to debate because of Charlie Crist's fan | Tampa Bay Times

Old 10-16-2014, 12:23 PM

6,289 posts, read 3,543,964 times
I get a lot of hot flashes since moving to Florida. I am LONG past menopause.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:24 PM

6,118 posts, read 3,053,317 times
It really is too bad Scott could not have wheeled out a fan of his own, something huge and comical, then half-sang, "Anything you can do, I can do better".

In the grand list of manufactured scandals, this one really scores low on the meter, but I guess the reporters are desperate to talk about something new or different. I don't think the "scandal" has legs, but does speak to how anxious many voters are to jump on anything that might justify voting for one over the other.

I think Crist does deserve some heat (heheh) for bending the rules WRT the fan, but the folks putting on the debate should have policed the stage better and nipped that in the bud. Maybe Crist feels an affinity for fans--I mean, both only function to oscillate back and forth, distributing hot air.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,137,332 times
Rick Scott is not someone I want representing Florida

Old 10-16-2014, 01:44 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,099,804 times
Quote:
Fan gate! Charlie Christ can't debate without a floor/table fan keeping himself cool
Didn't want to have one of those "Nixon Sweaty Debate" episodes.......

Old 10-16-2014, 01:48 PM

16,392 posts, read 13,050,855 times
Quote:
After joined every political party there is available and flip flopping on almost everything Charlie can't even have a debate without a floor or table fan to keep himself cool.

I wonder if he would have forgotten about Global warming if the fan wasn't there and than to think it was a cooler night.

Maybe his flip flopping as to do with something women deal with daily after a certain age which is hot flashes and maybe a good doctor can help Christ. It seems Morgan and Morgan needs to come to the rescue in a better way since Charlie works over there and Morgan already said that Scott will win and it was on tape last week and played over and over.

I have to feel sorry for Christ who seems to have a really hard time making up his mind something my kids could do at a young age.

Scott may have some flaws but at least he doesn't flip flop and his record so far is much better than what Christ ever showed so a fan is not helping Christ.

Wow. That's incredibly stupid.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:53 PM

21,104 posts, read 30,175,528 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Wow. That's incredibly stupid.
I agree, though bear in mind Florida isn't exactly the land of Mensa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or