U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,888,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
The legislation is thinking of banning many different breeds, not just pits. They will ban known attacking dogs includings rotts, boxers, bulls, etc. If you want to defend your precious little dogs than start a new thread in the pets section. BTW I hope your main selling point when selling a house in Florida is "Hey just around the corner are a few unleashed pits running wild, don't you want to live here?" Maybe that's another reason houses aren't selling here.
Do you really have anything to say of substance?

It seems like the answer is no.

Breed specific legislation primarily focuses on Pit Bulls even though in other instances they have targeted other breeds, that is why I was bringing up these points.

My line of work also has nothing to do with this. Try and stay on topic.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:18 PM

462 posts, read 730,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
just about everybody believes what they hear on the news or read in the paper. when 911 happened did you not believe it? when the weatherman says it will snow do you believe it? (well that one right there is not a good example but....) when an accident happens on I-75 do you not believe it? when Obama won the iowa caucus do you not believe it? when we are warned about bird flu do you not believe it? do i have to go on?

IS this the same news that told me that we have weapons of mass destruction in iraq, or the news that told me that Al gore was president or the news that told me the bird flu would hit hawaii in 2006. Do I have to go on? The media over exaggerates everything, and it's funny how we never see photos or videos of the dogs that attacked. Let me tell you what I know my step father is a Santa Clara county fireman in the bay area and he has gone on many dog attack calls, and there has been many cases were someone was attacked and they reported they were attacked by a pit bull, but my stepdad said 90% of the time it was a mutt dog that was being taken away by animal control. My step dad has seen it first hand so I tend to beleive him over any fabricated news story told by a reporter trying to make intresting news. I encourage you to do the same for yourself, instead of reading the paper or watching the news, call your local fireman or police officers and ask them how many actuall pit bull attacks they go on.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:08 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,229,688 times
This thread is closed do the number of post that does not relate to the OP. I will suggest that if anyone want to discuss further this topic to please post in the Pets forum.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or