Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:43 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,033 times

Advertisements

I will tell you the bugs in the summer time are almost as bad in Maine as they are in Florida. In Maine not only do we get mosquitoes but we also get black flies and the bite too!! Granted it's only for a few months of the year but we still deal with it.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2 View Post
eaglecall, I would second everything you said.

The "hidden costs" of living in a cold climate take their toll:

(1). Sand, salt, cold shorten the life of my car.

(2). Laundry: daily washing of sweat shirts, sweat pants, winter coats, etc add up quick

(3). In Florida, I bike, swim, and play tennis for "free"... up north I pay $2000 a year for indoor court fees, gym memberships, etc.

If you are a person that really likes cold weather then okay, live up north, but I hope I never see another winter.

Mikey

Let me say its wonderful that you have come to this decision if you feel its the right one for you.. Like me you've found that the grass is not greener on the other side.. Lifes lesson learned.. I hope your move to Fla is quick and pain free

Also the post above is so correct, all the hidden costs are crazy! Don't forget it gets dark at 4 o clock, so lights come on in the house longer, and it gets even more cold after dark, so heat goes up and all that adds to higher electric and gas bills!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:21 AM

172 posts, read 945,791 times
sorry about the snow. the big talk around here is how it is supposed to dip into the 20s tomorrow. my plan is to bundle up so i resemble Ralphie from The Christmas Story.

are you coming back to this area?

Old 01-02-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
sorry about the snow. the big talk around here is how it is supposed to dip into the 20s tomorrow. my plan is to bundle up so i resemble Ralphie from The Christmas Story.

lol my highs are 20! But for Fla thats a big thing to get that cold. I hope you don't fall down when you get all bundled.. I can hear ya yellin from here "I can't get up, I can't get up!" Followed by "I can't put my arms down!!!"

Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris01012 View Post
I moved to Massachusetts a few months back praising how much I loved it here, and how bad Florida was. Well I am man enough to say I WAS WRONG... I am so sick of snow now, 29 inches so far and it keeps coming... COLD, COLD, COLD... Shoveling, scraping, brushing the cars off. DONE! Ya it's nice to look at, not live in.

Nah, I am going back to Florida in February. I am from here in Mass., but it's not for me anymore. My 12 years of Florida I complained about, boy was I wrong.

So I apologise to Florida for saying negative things. I miss it and will be back soon.

Anyone in Cape Coral/Fort Myers?????
That's great!!! I'm sorry, but.... Who were you???

You've had 8 posts and NONE of them are from before December 31st so I'm afraid you have us ALL at a disadvantage here and NONE of us actually remember anything you said before about Florida since we're clueless as to who you are/were.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM

15 posts, read 13,722 times
Well, this is a new username I was not on for a long time(since September) and for some reason my user id was blocked or expired??? I was complaining about the heat, driving, pretty much everything... And I praised it up here, and was excited about the snow, well....NOT ANYMORE!!!!!

Trust me, I was extremely negative about Florida.... Tarastomsgirl remembers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
That's great!!! I'm sorry, but.... Who were you???

You've had 8 posts and NONE of them are from before December 31st so I'm afraid you have us ALL at a disadvantage here and NONE of us actually remember anything you said before about Florida since we're clueless as to who you are/were.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:27 AM

15 posts, read 13,722 times
Quote:

Yes I sure will be returning to Cape Coral/Fort Myers, we are leaving on 2/29 and will be there for the first of march.

If it makes you feel warmer, it will be 0 here tonight, 9 degrees as a high tomorrow, then -4 overnight, THAT IS WHY I AM COMING BACK!!!! LOL!!!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM

172 posts, read 945,791 times
ugh. i don't know you guys deal with it. i had to retire my flip flops today and my feet are hating me.

you're moving back the end of february? you're going to miss the Edison parade!

it's 54 degrees!! yikes!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 PM

672 posts, read 905,628 times
Default I LOVE this

Quote:
ugh. i don't know you guys deal with it. i had to retire my flip flops today and my feet are hating me.

it's 54 degrees!! yikes!
I had my coffee on the lanai this morning when it was still 48. Going to go below freezing tonight. I just might break out my flannels and down. I guess I will just have to enjoy all this while I can before it gets back up to 80 degrees in a few days.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:

it's 54 degrees!! yikes!
I had so many problems from wearing flip flops with my feet.. I ended up gettin cordisone (sp?) shots in the balls of my feet.. I finally bought myself a nice pair of sandals from LLBean.. never had probs again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida