Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:15 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,864,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
There's no mama. The dogs are about 3 mos. old, I'm guessing. Just drove over there & didn't see the babies, but they could be under the back porch.

I PM'd one of the PB mommies, who I think lives near here.
Call an animal shelter for advice. The puppies should not be living like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,681 times
I did. Got a recording. Hope they'll be ok through the night.

Getting off topic, but how can these dogs grow up as loving animals? Another irresponsible dog owner. Breaks my heart.

It's 35 and with wind chill....

Old 01-02-2008, 11:42 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times
The owner of those dogs needs some sense knocked into him!

Quote:

Getting off topic, but how can these dogs grow up as loving animals? Another irresponsible dog owner. Breaks my heart.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:42 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
Yesterday it got up to about 45 or so in Orlando, evening temperatures were about 38. Not that bad really unless you are like me... riding a motorcycle. Then it starts to feel cold, the wind chill is well below freezing and you have to put on some extra stuff just to stay warm (a windstopper bandana is pretty much required). If it got any colder I'd definitely want heated grips, the fingers and toes are the first things to go numb. It's really odd to go into the post office all bundled up and there are folks wearing typical Florida gear (you know you are in Florida when people are wearing sweaters with shorts), and of course you get wierd looks and comments alot.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,011 times
Quote:
Already 39 in Bunnell @ 8 p.m.

I'm worried about the pit bull puppies around the corner. The guy never lets them inside & doesn't look like he's been home in a few days. What should I do? He's got a lock on his gate or I would have sprung them earlier and brought them home.
GO GET THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL ANIMAL CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:

Hopefully those dogs will be fine. It's irregardless that they are puppies. NO DOG/CAT/PET should be exposed to those temps. I have never understood people who buy dogs for yard ornaments. Farmers are one thing...and they have warm barns. The rest of the people......they should get locked out for the night and then get back to us on how it felt. BTW: I've called Animal Control Emergency lines at night for things before, and they do respond. They can't take the animals, but they will bring supplies to try to help them through the night.

My thought....if they made it through the night, and are ok...call animal control anyway...this person needs a citation to get a clue.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:

Call animal control anyway! This person needs a citation to get a clue! I've never understood anyone who buys a dog as a yard ornament. It defeats the very purpose of what the dog stands for (companion). Also, whenever I see irresponsible Pit Bull owners of any kind....I get a tag number (if they are selling them out of a truck), or an address if they house many puppies, and I call animal control. They monitor these folks due to dog fighting. I own a pit mix, and we have 3 other dogs. They are our children. Makes me nauseous.

The news says that it's the coldest night in over 30 years. People blanket up their palm trees, but leave out their lovely pets. Whatever!?!?!?!!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:07 AM

Sorry, my power went out for a second, and I duplicated my post...didn't think it took. Sorry.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:17 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
please call your local humane society on this person and call animal control. no animal should have to live like that. i wish that they had tougher laws to protect animals from dumb and / or sadistic humans.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Yesterday it got up to about 45 or so in Orlando, evening temperatures were about 38. Not that bad really unless you are like me... riding a motorcycle. Then it starts to feel cold, the wind chill is well below freezing and you have to put on some extra stuff just to stay warm (a windstopper bandana is pretty much required). If it got any colder I'd definitely want heated grips, the fingers and toes are the first things to go numb. It's really odd to go into the post office all bundled up and there are folks wearing typical Florida gear (you know you are in Florida when people are wearing sweaters with shorts), and of course you get wierd looks and comments alot.
"(you know you are in Florida when people are wearing sweaters with shorts)",

this made me chuckle...thank you....
I never thought about it but you are right...typical florida gear...ha ha...
except for the coldest days, i tend to wear shorts and a flannel or sweat shirt in the winter.....thats sooo funny when i think of it. ha ha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida