U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2014, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Arctic Tundra, MA
3,633 posts, read 8,539,051 times
Reputation: 1736

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
All depends on what era your comparing it to? PB County was way nicer when I moved here in the early 90's and many who left and came back since 2000 are often in a state of shock.
Cape Coral never really changes. They build a lot of stores constantly, but the city stays the same. I have only been away for 2 years. Estero/Fort Myers never really changed all the years I was there. A place that changed insanely was Winter Park. I didn't even recognize the place last I saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2014, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,922,501 times
Reputation: 4778
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
I wish fewer people wanted to live in Florida, especially geezers.
I love this, this is so true. Everyone in my family moved to Florida to retire and eventually die. That is why they call Florida the Newly Wed or the Newly Dead state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 06:51 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,396,684 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I love this, this is so true. Everyone in my family moved to Florida to retire and eventually die. That is why they call Florida the Newly Wed or the Newly Dead state.
Put a state income tax in place - that'll send them all running for the state line ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 07:22 PM
 
Location: US
17,935 posts, read 17,861,993 times
Reputation: 13935
Not having a state income tax is a huge plus and definitely helps combat Florida's low wages. You can pay up to 13.3% in state income tax in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 08:11 PM
 
Location: N.H Gods Country
2,359 posts, read 4,494,855 times
Reputation: 1973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Here you pay $300k for a good house, or one out in the boonies for $200k. Or a shack for $150k+.

In Cape C. I can get one in the nice part for $130k to $150k. In my line of work I make the same amount here or there.
Good Luck. It sounds like that's where you should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,922,501 times
Reputation: 4778
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Not having a state income tax is a huge plus and definitely helps combat Florida's low wages. You can pay up to 13.3% in state income tax in California.
I love this guy, he is the voice of reason on this site. You the da man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 PM
 
Location: US
17,935 posts, read 17,861,993 times
Reputation: 13935
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I love this guy, he is the voice of reason on this site. You the da man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,922,501 times
Reputation: 4778
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
People on this site don't want to or can't handle the truth, so they hate on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2014, 11:03 PM
 
Location: US
17,935 posts, read 17,861,993 times
Reputation: 13935
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
People on this site don't want to or can't handle the truth, so they hate on me.
"And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake
Shake it off"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2014, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 4,858,926 times
Reputation: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Cape Coral never really changes. They build a lot of stores constantly, but the city stays the same. I have only been away for 2 years. Estero/Fort Myers never really changed all the years I was there. A place that changed insanely was Winter Park. I didn't even recognize the place last I saw it.
SW FL seems to move at a much slower pace the the right coast, if you left here in 2000 and came back now, you would be in severe shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top