U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 02:13 PM

17,921 posts, read 17,818,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
So FLa is FULL of ingorant types. Who are those ppl? Rednecks? I think not. Dont be judgmental dude- rednecks are some of the nicest ppl around. South FL............. one of the worst.
You just said don't be judgmental, but then you grouped South Florida people as one of the worst lol.

This is just a personal preference. From my experience having lived areas heavily weights in one or the either, I definitely prefer the other. I love trying new foods and trying new things. From my experience, areas that are heavily redneck, while most are friendly, they aren't open to trying new things. They choose to stay ignorant about other cultures and countries. They would rather go on a fishing trip then travel to Tokyo or Dubai. They would rather eat a burger they've eaten a million times then try bbq Kama (the jaw of the fish) etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 02:51 PM

9,744 posts, read 7,025,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
The aggressive drivers come from up here....
Quite a few of them come from south of the border, too.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:54 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,854,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
That place is awesome actually. I'd rather deal with rednecks, than snobby jerks, any day.
Whatever floats your boat...not my cup of tea, I would hang more with the sweater over the shoulder wine sipping luxury car driving types, just suits my business model. If those places draw the bumpkins away from civilization, then more the merrier...

Old 12-21-2014, 02:57 PM

17,524 posts, read 10,605,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Punta Gordo where this video was recorded is about one hour north of Naples.
Uh, it says it was recorded in Louisiana???

Old 12-21-2014, 03:40 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,254,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Whatever floats your boat...not my cup of tea, I would hang more with the sweater over the shoulder wine sipping luxury car driving types, just suits my business model. If those places draw the bumpkins away from civilization, then more the merrier...

Most already left. Mission accomplished.

You must be wealthy, what is it that you do? I'm more of the fishing, no-luxury leasing type. You must make more money than I do, surely. Right?

Old 12-21-2014, 03:42 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,254,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Uh, it says it was recorded in Louisiana???

One video is in Louisiana and the other is in SW Fla. The one in SW Fla is very popular and has a big presence there.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Welcome To Florida Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhIDJPeo1o
Not the same location, plenty of Youtube videos on this place. I don't get it, but I'm not a country boy, the girls well look, a little slutty and rough. Not something I would bring home to Mom, but that's just me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNIGmAVxH4

Closest one to PB County is Okeechobee Mudfest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-38Aip-Eg

Old 12-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Most already left. Mission accomplished.

You must be wealthy, what is it that you do? I'm more of the fishing, no-luxury leasing type. You must make more money than I do, surely. Right?
Along the coast yes, but I see these jacked up trucks and the mentality that goes along with them often in Wellington even saw a couple in Boca...the "Soot Life" truck was in Boca and it also had a "Florida Born" sticker or "Born N Bred" over the state online something like that, see a lot of this and I rarely see this in other states, people are so bent on letting complete strangers know the fact they are a Native.

I work in mix of Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Wealth Management. I work with a lot of HNW clients and also companies both large and small. "Wealthy"? Well I do not own a G650 or fly around in one, do not own a Lambo or Ferrari or a yacht or even a boat, but I do like nice cars and motorcycles, suppose I like to invest in things that give more of a return on investment, real estate and etc.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
hahahahaha! like everyone drive ferraris, lambos and bentley's in S FL! Please dude! thats such a VERY small portion of the ppl there.

besides, who cares if lifted trucks look out of place? maybe they're not trying to impress? i have a truck. i could buy/lease a BMW or Lexus to try to impress like many others do in S FL.
My clients do...and beyond that. Many fly out of Boca Executive and PBIA in their business jets that cost upwards of $60M and they often own them, or charter them and it's not cheap.

Lifted trucks are stupid, dangerous and most of the people who drive them are very aggressive. Try hard to tell me it's not intentional to slam down the gas so that you intentionally leave a huge cloud of toxic diesel soot into the faces of the cars behind you. I see this all the time, and often it's not required but done because they are total douches. Also they are often illegal, illegal lights or light bars blinding people or lighting up the back of people's heads in the car in front of them.

I have a BMW M5 and a couple of other cars too, but I could go out tomorrow and buy a truck with a Cummins Turbo Diesel and get it jacked up and add big tires and all the fixins and try to impress like many others do in S. FL...

Old 12-21-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, exactly.

Gimme GA, North FL, the Carolina folks over South FL folks ANY DAY of the week.
You have obviously never been to ATL or Raleigh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or