U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 01:47 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,854,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Soot life is a company out of cape coral florida
Does not surprise me, I thought it was a one off decal.

Now I'm seeing these all the time "FloGrown", company is out of Orlando.

Not that the Salt Life fad was bad enough, and all the "X Life" decals people made up "Dirt Life", "Muddin Life", now it's this. Got to admit though, the Snowbird with the grumpy face is priceless...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 01:53 PM

734 posts, read 732,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
You sure like the term "hyperbole", a little overkill usage.

I cannot divulge details on companies, now can I? Not everyone shares the same life experiences and opinions differ, but the majority of experiences and what was gained from face to face conversations and what I read, sum up many experiences to reflect negatively on the workplace in Florida. You really cannot dig up "Statistics" on this other than see turnover in a company. That is hard and exist all over because it's often due to other things, poor pay, Boss is too hard to work under and etc.

If you had it rosy the entire time you lived here or came from elsewhere with similar experiences, sure you would be like...what you talking about Willis? Everyplace is just the same isn't it? Why do all these people complain? Well of course, many have a lack of empathy in the workplace because they are not getting the s end of the stick.

Suggest you go out and socialize with young and middle-aged professionals, that's why I do and I hear plenty complaining and also some who do not get it or understand why people dislike the job market in Florida. Their view is, it's warm, sunny, girls wearing skimpy bikinis while its' snowing and cold and grey elsewhere, stop complaining, except those things don't pay the rent...
That's a lot of words for someone who likes to tailor reality to fit their argument. Good job.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:55 PM

Soot Life

Someone e-mailed me this video, basically explains the Florida phenomenon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAxPY_Gca3Q

Old 12-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
That's a lot of words for someone who likes to tailor reality to fit their argument. Good job.
Your welcome, thanks for the rep too!

Old 12-22-2014, 02:04 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,913,870 times
You guys are brutal in here, they give me violations on this site for less. It's a tough crowd in Florida, geez.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:30 PM

734 posts, read 732,070 times
Quote:
Your welcome, thanks for the rep too!
*You're

Thanks for the rep back!

Old 12-22-2014, 02:34 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,256,948 times
[quote=THX 1138;37725648]Nicest people around? You do realize that The Dukes of Hazzard was a TV show filmed in California?

The NY/NJ blowhards here don't pretend to like you...they are just naturally rude and the accent alone provides you with fair warning...[/quote]

Isnt that pleasant? Man I wish everyone was like that. Would make life so much more enjoyable!

Old 12-22-2014, 03:16 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,247,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
According to historical monographs that I have read, the same is true of the Seminole Wars, though obviously on a much smaller scale, probably also the Civil War.
at one time FL was giving away 160 acre parcels so long as you lived and built on it. That brought a lot of people. I dont recall when exactly that was, late 1800's perhaps.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,247,972 times
How has FL adjusted to NY'ers?

In 25 years here nobody questioned my bloodline and where I came from made no difference at all.

Speaking of xenophobia, I am going to guess u never tried to live in northern maine.

There are many places in the country that dont want outsiders coming in to screw things up.

Quote:
Yes but you have more to push when if your bloodline goes back 300 years in the same state which in the Northeast is quite common. So why don't you see this in other states as rampant as it is here? Especially the Xenophobic areas very closed to outsiders?

FL adjusted quite nicely to accommodate many, NY's mainly...solution majority rules and the influx of many dilutes their way of life.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
*You're

Thanks for the rep back!
forum defensive tactics 101...thanks Merriam Webster!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or