U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 03:34 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,209,160 times

Advertisements

[quote=ComSense;37735824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Nicest people around? You do realize that The Dukes of Hazzard was a TV show filmed in California?

The NY/NJ blowhards here don't pretend to like you...they are just naturally rude and the accent alone provides you with fair warning...[/quote]

Isnt that pleasant? Man I wish everyone was like that. Would make life so much more enjoyable!
If u judge people on their accents or geographical origination points you've got problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 03:48 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,858,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles25 View Post
Everyone who lives outside of Florida might think that, but after living here for a few years they will realize how this state really is. It's a great place to take a vacation but living here is another story.
Florida isn't so bad, but of course, like everything else in life, it's all relative. If you were talking about a small island in the Caribbean, I would agree, but Florida is a very large state with over 19 million residents from all walks of life. People who are generally happy all the time will probably be happy living almost anywhere. Same goes for people who are miserable and depressed on the time.

But in the end, it all comes down to one thing IMHO - money!! No matter where you live, it has a big impact on your life and the choices available to you. Heck, even if you're one of the sad people I mentioned above, I'd rather be wealthy and miserable than poor and miserable.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:09 PM

9,673 posts, read 6,967,367 times
Quote:
Likewise, but many do not heed the warnings...it's like watching Dumb and Dumber..."So you're telling me there's a chance"
LOL, just because YOU weren't successful in Florida......

Old 12-22-2014, 04:34 PM

734 posts, read 729,249 times
Quote:
forum defensive tactics 101...thanks Merriam Webster!
Covering up for a failure to grasp basic spelling. You're on a roll. I guess you're a product of the Florida education system.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:08 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,218,274 times
Quote:
Along the coast yes, but I see these jacked up trucks and the mentality that goes along with them often in Wellington even saw a couple in Boca...the "Soot Life" truck was in Boca and it also had a "Florida Born" sticker or "Born N Bred" over the state online something like that, see a lot of this and I rarely see this in other states, people are so bent on letting complete strangers know the fact they are a Native.

I work in mix of Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Wealth Management. I work with a lot of HNW clients and also companies both large and small. "Wealthy"? Well I do not own a G650 or fly around in one, do not own a Lambo or Ferrari or a yacht or even a boat, but I do like nice cars and motorcycles, suppose I like to invest in things that give more of a return on investment, real estate and etc.
I've got a Silverado, lifted, 2013, crew cab. I've got a FloGrown sticker on my back window.

We dont advertise we are natives as much as other ppl seems to flaunt where they're from.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,845,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How has FL adjusted to NY'ers?

In 25 years here nobody questioned my bloodline and where I came from made no difference at all.

Speaking of xenophobia, I am going to guess u never tried to live in northern maine.

There are many places in the country that dont want outsiders coming in to screw things up.
South Florida is another borough of NY, can't speak for the rest of Florida. The further you go inland the more that changes though.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Covering up for a failure to grasp basic spelling. You're on a roll. I guess you're a product of the Florida education system.
Has nothing substantial to offer, feels backed into a corner and resorts to grammar patrol in a lame attempt to redeem itself.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I've got a Silverado, lifted, 2013, crew cab. I've got a FloGrown sticker on my back window.

We dont advertise we are natives as much as other ppl seems to flaunt where they're from.
Would those "ppl" be from NY? As much as I see the Florida related stuff, I have to admit I see plenty of NY related paraphernalia as well.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, just because YOU weren't successful in Florida......
You must not read anything, when did I say I was not successful in Florida?

Old 12-22-2014, 07:04 PM

734 posts, read 729,249 times
Quote:
Has nothing substantial to offer, feels backed into a corner and resorts to grammar patrol in a lame attempt to redeem itself.
Knows he has failed to prove his point and dodges the request for factual evidence (because there is none), and can't stop crying foul in a feeble attempt to change the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or