U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 07:46 PM

104 posts, read 91,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Cubans in this country are usually highly educated.
This is a serious comment?

Have you ever passed any length of considerable time in the greater Miami area?

Last edited by Ray Deckard; 12-29-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
There are Cubans here that are not highly educated and what do law-abiding Hispanic business folks have to do with someone dumping excrement and trash on the side of the road ?
Nancy twisted my comments around because she can't read or she has a beef with me. I never stated Cubans were not educated. What I did say is that the residents of Miami, which happen to be mostly Hispanic immigrants, in my opinion many of them do not have any concern about the environment. If you don't believe me then go and pass a few weeks walking or driving around the greater Miami Dade area and check out Biscayne Bay. You will see how trashy and polluted it is!

Old 12-29-2014, 09:29 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,913,499 times
Quote:
There are Cubans here that are not highly educated and what do law-abiding Hispanic business folks have to do with someone dumping excrement and trash on the side of the road ?
Exactly. So why mention the fact that they were Hispanic in the first place?

Old 12-29-2014, 09:43 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,913,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Nancy twisted my comments around because she can't read or she has a beef with me. I never stated Cubans were not educated. What I did say is that the residents of Miami, which happen to be mostly Hispanic immigrants, in my opinion many of them do not have any concern about the environment. If you don't believe me then go and pass a few weeks walking or driving around the greater Miami Dade area and check out Biscayne Bay. You will see how trashy and polluted it is!
Yes, I've been to Miami many times. Maybe you should do some research about how Biscayne Bay got polluted. Over the past several years, there have been close to 70 sewerage leaks from old, faulty pipes that dumped nearly 50 million gallons of human waste into the bay.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Over the past several years, there have been close to 70 sewerage leaks from old, faulty pipes that dumped nearly 50 million gallons of human waste into the bay.
I wonder how that happened?

Old 12-29-2014, 10:26 PM

4,586 posts, read 3,395,043 times
Quote:
Gosh, I know that was 115 years ago, but now that I'm looking at the population growth, we really need to stop procreating for a while.
Great idea and while we're at it, we can shut down immigration totally, deport all of the illegals, and kick all of the temporary visa workers to the curb.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Great idea and while we're at it, we can shut down immigration totally, deport all of the illegals, and kick all of the temporary visa workers to the curb.
Great idea leftee

Old 12-30-2014, 02:04 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,359,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
I wonder how that happened?
Because tons of people (like you) moved to Florida.....

Old 12-30-2014, 09:28 AM

1,750 posts, read 1,632,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
I already knew about FL's high biodiversity rate. I don't want to hear that I'm know knowledgeable or an expert. I'm working on a doctorate right now, which is a higher degree than you'll probably ever attain in anything, and I will tell you that I could almost do a census of whether or not CA is better and I guarantee you those who have been to both will tell you CA is a much better state. You do need the environment to impress. People just settle for Florida because of cost, and don't tell me otherwise because it's either not true, or those people have never been to CA. The west coast has always been better than the eastern coast.
Keep dreaming. I'm in the PNW for a few days and I see tons of license plates from CA(mass exodus).

You are ignorant at best and don't know how to write proper English " I don't want to hear that I'm know knowledgeable or an expert. (???) I'm working on a doctorate right now. Sure and I am building a rocket to go to Mars next month.. tune in. Give me a postcard and I'll mail it back to you when I get there, ok? Everyone has a PhD on the internet...

If you had any knowledge on the subject you wouldn't be calling the Everglades "puke in a handbag".

Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,794,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Keep dreaming. I'm in the PNW for a few days and I see tons of license plates from CA(mass exodus).

You are ignorant at best and don't know how to write proper English " I don't want to hear that I'm know knowledgeable or an expert. (???) I'm working on a doctorate right now. Sure and I am building a rocket to go to Mars next month.. tune in. Give me a postcard and I'll mail it back to you when I get there, ok? Everyone has a PhD on the internet...

If you had any knowledge on the subject you wouldn't be calling the Everglades "puke in a handbag".
You seeing tons of CA license plates does not mean there is a mass exodus. If someone moved from CA to another state wouldn't they register their car in that state and get new plates? It is very possible that these people you are seeing are visiting for the holidays.

BTW, Godspeed on your trip to Mars next month. I personally won't miss you, but maybe someone here on C-D will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or