Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
You seeing tons of CA license plates does not mean there is a mass exodus. If someone moved from CA to another state wouldn't they register their car in that state and get new plates? It is very possible that these people you are seeing are visiting for the holidays.

BTW, Godspeed on your trip to Mars next month. I personally won't miss you, but maybe someone here on C-D will.
No most of them were at the rental place by Seatac (was also told the same by an employee). It takes a while for people to register cars after they move somewhere else. Also, I did notice many CA license plates around Seattle and so I read on the Seattle forum here on CD. Ask me if I care you won't miss me?

I'll make sure to send you some martian bacteria so you can colonize your brain(they're probably far more advanced than what you have in there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 10:07 AM

703 posts, read 870,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
California has more (and less) of everything. You can't compare it with Florida. Even at the beginning of the 20th century, Calif had about 2 million people and Florida only had 500,000.

Gosh, I know that was 115 years ago, but now that I'm looking at the population growth, we really need to stop procreating for a while.
That's because people back then even knew how great Florida was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Keep dreaming. I'm in the PNW for a few days and I see tons of license plates from CA(mass exodus).

You are ignorant at best and don't know how to write proper English " I don't want to hear that I'm know knowledgeable or an expert. (???) I'm working on a doctorate right now. Sure and I am building a rocket to go to Mars next month.. tune in. Give me a postcard and I'll mail it back to you when I get there, ok? Everyone has a PhD on the internet...

If you had any knowledge on the subject you wouldn't be calling the Everglades "puke in a handbag".
Not* knowledgeable is what I meant to say. When I was writing that, I have AC on my phone as I have forum software on my mobile device. Also, I'm not going to focus and read over every single thing I post on here. I would otherwise not have as many posts. I'm not writing a formal essay toward my degree, so quit arguing semantics with me. If you want to do that, then I'll show you how many mistakes you've made throughout your posting history. And I don't have a PhD right now, but I am in graduate school, and do plan on receiving it and wouldn't see why not. It's alright to be jealous. I realize you weren't expecting me to say that. I can think anything I want of the everglades, and I knew about its biodiversity even before you said anything. I took Marine Bio 101 some ages ago. So it's time to drop it, and get to California, the state better than Florida.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
That's because people back then even knew how great Florida was.

Not* knowledgeable is what I meant to say. When I was writing that, I have AC on my phone as I have forum software on my mobile device. Also, I'm not going to focus and read over every single thing I post on here. I would otherwise not have as many posts. I'm not writing a formal essay toward my degree, so quit arguing semantics with me. If you want to do that, then I'll show you how many mistakes you've made throughout your posting history. And I don't have a PhD right now, but I am in graduate school, and do plan on receiving it and wouldn't see why not. It's alright to be jealous. I realize you weren't expecting me to say that. I can think anything I want of the everglades, and I knew about its biodiversity even before you said anything. I took Marine Bio 101 some ages ago. So it's time to drop it, and get to California, the state better than Florida.
People are moving away from CA. Also the state came close to being bankrupt several years ago(they are currently releasing inmates from various jails, probably don't have the $$$ to keep them locked in; also it indicates the state is highly crime ridden).

Early jail releases have surged since California's prison realignment - LA Times

hehe he took Marine Bio 101 ages ago... here's a lollipop kid.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:45 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
I don't think Florida is the best state in America. Compared to California, Florida is a real let-down of a state. I mean, it's south, so you have those muggy southern summers. Since you're down there, you have those giant helicopter-sized mosquitoes that fly around you. The everglades look like puke in a handbag, and the everglade mountains look like West Virginia, and gross/not tropical. Southern California has beautiful icy mountains, and desert mountains. Oh yeah, California has a desert, so it has dry heat, not the nasty Florida heat. Plus, California has better waves and such. The only thing Florida has against California is affordability in terms of living. People just go to Florida because 50% of the population lives on the very eastern side of the U.S., and it's just more affordable to travel to Florida. plus florida is too conservative. California is always going to be more expensive, and that's why people don't go, although they know they would like to.
LOL, I don't know what you're drinking, or smoking when you see mountains in the Everglades, last I checked the Everglades is as flat as the rest of the state.

To state the oft-repeated mantra about personal choice, to each his own. You don't like Florida, we'll look forward to not seeing you here. You won't be missed, there are already too many others, IMO, who've relocated or plan to relocate to Florida, enough to make it the third most populous state in the nation, and they just keep coming.

Maybe you could launch an advertising campaign extolling the virtues of those other states you say are better than Florida, enumerating the vices of Florida, and don't forget to include how ugly the mountains of the Everglades are!!!

Old 12-30-2014, 10:49 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Keep dreaming. I'm in the PNW for a few days and I see tons of license plates from CA(mass exodus).

You are ignorant at best and don't know how to write proper English " I don't want to hear that I'm know knowledgeable or an expert. (???) I'm working on a doctorate right now. Sure and I am building a rocket to go to Mars next month.. tune in. Give me a postcard and I'll mail it back to you when I get there, ok? Everyone has a PhD on the internet...

If you had any knowledge on the subject you wouldn't be calling the Everglades "puke in a handbag".
Or talking about how the "mountains of the Everglades look like West Virginia".

Hopefully this poster's claimed PhD study is not in Geography.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Or talking about how the "mountains of the Everglades look like West Virginia".

Hopefully this poster's claimed PhD study is not in Geography.
He's probably getting a PhD on CD posting.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, I don't know what you're drinking, or smoking when you see mountains in the Everglades, last I checked the Everglades is as flat as the rest of the state.

To state the oft-repeated mantra about personal choice, to each his own. You don't like Florida, we'll look forward to not seeing you here. You won't be missed, there are already too many others, IMO, who've relocated or plan to relocate to Florida, enough to make it the third most populous state in the nation, and they just keep coming.

Maybe you could launch an advertising campaign extolling the virtues of those other states you say are better than Florida, enumerating the vices of Florida, and don't forget to include how ugly the mountains of the Everglades are!!!
FLORIDA:

WEST VIRGINIA

CALIFORNIA

Old 12-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
He's probably getting a PhD on CD posting.
It's funny you taunt one actually attempting to attain such a degree when you probably are not even close to attaining anything of the sort? What do you have, an undergraduate in marine bio?

Old 12-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
It's funny you taunt one actually attempting to attain such a degree when you probably are not even close to attaining anything of the sort? What do you have, an undergraduate in marine bio?
Make sure you play with your sand bucket next time you visit FL. Also, don't garble stupid things, like FL has mountains. Degrees are no cure for stupidity.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:19 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
FLORIDA:

WEST VIRGINIA

CALIFORNIA
Um... that first pic is not Florida. There are a few spots in the middle of the state with some small hills, but those are mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida