Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 12:30 PM

703 posts, read 870,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Make sure you play with your sand bucket next time you visit FL. Also, don't garble stupid things, like FL has mountains. Degrees are no cure for stupidity.
I smell jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Um... that first pic is not Florida. There are a few spots in the middle of the state with some small hills, but those are mountains.
Those are likely the small hills. I have been all the way down to the keys before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 12:33 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
I smell jealousy

Those are likely the small hills. I have been all the way down to the keys before
No, that pic is not in Florida. It looks like part of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:35 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
FLORIDA:

WEST VIRGINIA

CALIFORNIA
Ok, beautiful pictures of West Virginia and California, but there's still nothing there that resembles anything you'd see in the Everglades.

Again, if you think there are mountains in the Everglades, you really have not a clue.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:43 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Ok, beautiful pictures of West Virginia and California, but there's still nothing there that resembles anything you'd see in the Everglades.

Again, if you think there are mountains in the Everglades, you really have not a clue.
There is nothing that resembles anything you'd see in the entire state much less the Everglades. You'd need to be in at least N Georgia to see anything remotely close to that picture.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:49 PM

104 posts, read 115,467 times
There are very few select parts of Florida, specific areas where it's downright paradise. But I would never, ever give up these locations. Why would I after living all these years here tell all the world, whom I have no idea who you are, where to live? None of my friends would ever join an online forum to give up their secrets. That said, to those looking to move here, it will take you a lifetime to settle and discover the best areas not to mention the money you will need to live in the best areas.

Suerta!

Old 12-30-2014, 12:51 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,820 times
Quote:
I smell jealousy

Dude you must be real stupid to think there's mountains or anything that resembles a mountain in or close to the Everglades. Hard to believe someone who claims being in grad school can be so ignorant(10000 yrs ago FL was underwater). There's no rock formations except the limestone ones down in the Keys, hence why there's coral reefs down there. Jealousy my arse..I bet you're attending junior college.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:57 PM

734 posts, read 920,162 times
Quote:
FLORIDA:

WEST VIRGINIA

CALIFORNIA
lewimaech - city data's master troll.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:07 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
California has regulations to keep the state the way it is. You're even admitting the flaws of FL more than you are CA. Plus, given your username, your response is a biased one.

I was responding to Nancy, simple mistake. CA has less shortcomings. Have you even ever been to CA?
Biased or just someone who sees the problems in both and prefers one over another at this stage in life.

Note California is a great State as is Florida. California as many problems as does Florida. It comes down to personal desires and needs and of course abilities. Not to mention something is happening in California where more people leave than move there. Increased growth is through birth.

As for me, being a good hubby I moved my wife, also a native Californian, out of the State because she was tired of no real seasons and the traffic and expense.

I hated the traffic especially when trying to get to a decent beach and then finding a parking place. Mind you Florida is not great in all areas as to beach access either, but better than Southern California.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
No, that pic is not in Florida. It looks like part of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Or somewhere in the Appalacian Mountain ranges. The poster says West Virginia, it could be. But nowhere in Florida, LOL.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Actually, I once saw some beautiful mountains in Florida. It was when I was in the hospital and coming out of anesthesia. (I think Chris Hemsworth was climbing it with his shirt off!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida